1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PBEM Game Discussion, Tips and Introductions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by kiwitt, Feb 25, 2013.

1. MrGrandiose

MrGrandiose Chieftain

I'm just gonna drop here and say that my friends and I are totally new to playing PBEM and this forum as pushed me in starting a bunch with them. We use Facebook's group chat function to send the games, works really well.

I am still struggling to adapt to MP vs Ai play. Also, playing Quick to speed things up is hard for me, I struggle to mount an offense that is not outdated by the time it reaches the opponents' border.

I've read through quite a few Blog from Krill and some others. Some of you guys are taking this game to a whole other level ;)

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Havea read of this - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12040808&postcount=53

3. MrGrandiose

MrGrandiose Chieftain

I'm sure it will be available as a DLC or end boss of some sort for World of Battleship...

4. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Welcome MrGrandiose!

It's good to see you, we could use some new blood in these sub forums. We have a number of games that seem to be stalling lately, it seems activity is down... so keep an eye out for replacement player requests or even new threads/games which start up. There is still a small but committed group here who turn over turns as quickly as possible and usually pretty fast! We try to add as much color to the world we are entering as possible, it just makes it that much more fun.

We also tend to play on normal speed.

5. MrGrandiose

MrGrandiose Chieftain

Yeah, I often check.

6. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Hey ... thanks guys for another great year of Civ IV PBEMing ... its been fun!

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Why is this thread still not sticky?

Anyhow, for those who can't or won't read my signature, I would like to announce that I am more or less discontinuing the use of my ymail.com email address because Yahoo is getting worse every day and at this point I can't even access my account any more. If you are wondering why I haven't replied to a mail of yours or am not playing my turn even though it got sent to me, now you know why that is probably the case. Please send any future mails and resend mails you suspect I have not received to my gmail address. If you don't know what it is, send me a PM about it.

Thank you for your attention.

8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

10 games and not a single turn in 3 days, weekend days, mind you :( I feel like PBEM trackers death was the final nail in the active playing's coffin.

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

i never understood the need for a tracker, each game had a thread of its own where players could post they've sent the turn on. I mean you physically had to go to the tracker and upload the turn which is no easier than attaching the turn to an email. In each of my game folders I have a few empty folders, one named "gps to Tigranes" (that I copy and paste on the thread) another with the games password I paste in the game and shortcuts to the thread and tracker, I do it all from the games' folder.

Ps also my laptop got a virus and is at a PC shop getting a new Windows install, so I will not have anyone's email unless it's on my iPhone

10. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

I have the same experience.

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Maybe leftover active players could get together and start a new complex game, something with Global map, for example.

12. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Hm, could it be that Muffin disappeared?

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Not a single save in 4 straight days! What is going on, guys?