Peacemonger Challenge - Mehmed's Path of Stone

Iwo Jima

Warlord
Just another challenge :king:

This is the start.
Mehmed II, emperor, standard, normal, Terra

VICTORY CONDITION:

1) Total peacemongering. Can't start wars, can't DoW, although you can agree, if smbd ask you to join his war. No active actions in foreign territory. (Fighting with barbs, vote for war via AP, privateers, espionage, culture conversion - OK). Always accept peace offer. You can win by diplo, culture, domination, space, time.

2) Path of Stone. You need to build ALL stone wonders (and nat.wonders) before you finish.
upd: Light version: You don't need all stone wonders, but for each stone wonder you miss, you get -20 scores.

3) Bonus scores:
- for every non-stone wonder(and nat.wonder) you get scores for its hammer price divided by 100,
upd: also you get 5 scores for each special building (Academy, Scotland Yard, Military Academy)
- for victory time you get scores for every 10 turns last before 500.
- for "stone" religions (Judaism and Christianity) you get 10 scores for founding(each), 10 scores for building its shrine(each) and 10 scores if one of them is the religion of Apostolic Palace.
- for permanent peace you get 10 scores for each original civilization you had no war

Use comments for discussing tips and strategies, posting your civ reports, screenshots and total score. I think, the most interesting is the opening (first 50-100 turns) and short reports every 50-100 turns after with describing of your victory path, making an accent on your Path of Stone. Please, use "spoiler" tags as usual.

Corrections and suggestions are welcome.

upd: current save it's a BUG mode save. please help with conversion to original mode :mischief:

Attachments

• Mehmed BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
What does "always accept peace offer" mean? The AI's don't ask for peace...

Path of Stone. You need to build ALL stone wonders (and nat.wonders) before you finish.

That mission would be nearly impossible on emperor. You would not very probably complete both Stonehenge and Great wall AND build up a decent game. Most of the stone wonders are useless, so this challenge is not attractive for me.

If were building all the stone wonders-including national ones,and being a peacemonger-how exactly do you get a level 6 unit to build West point?Also-we have to tech all the way to facism to build Mt Rushmore?

Not sure if it's just me, but if i load your save i get an empty tech screen and after that the game runs with no User Interface.

So guys, do you think this challenge is impossible to you? Do you need some help or make the rules more easy? Or do you want to discard the challenge and just look at my own game, where I built Path of Stone?

I think, it's more interesting to solve this challenge by yourself personally. Moreover, the whole game becomes more attaractive - in usual game it's enough to build strong begining and you win with 90% probability. Path of Stone keeps you in stress all the game - you need to be the first or maybe not be the last in different technology threads, you need great production, you need great diplomacy, you surely need use espionage and so on.

I just want you to try.

little tip ;)
Spoiler :
Stone resourse is near your capital

What does "always accept peace offer" mean? The AI's don't ask for peace...

I was sure it does, now I need to check. Also, there is event that gives you a choice to end war and get +1 relations.

Guys, help with this question, please.

Path of Stone. You need to build ALL stone wonders (and nat.wonders) before you finish.

That mission would be nearly impossible on emperor. You would not very probably complete both Stonehenge and Great wall AND build up a decent game. Most of the stone wonders are useless, so this challenge is not attractive for me.

Right! This mission is difficult, but possible on this current map. I could show you quite decent opening and very succesful game with Path of Stone restriction. I played the opnening three times just to be sure you can build all three early wonders.

But we could make a challenge more easy, if we slightly change the rules. So, you can build not every stone wonder, but you'll get penalty scores: -20 for each stone wonder you miss.

You'right, some of stone wonders have no great use, but it's a challenge of being turk )))

If were building all the stone wonders-including national ones,and being a peacemonger-how exactly do you get a level 6 unit to build West point?Also-we have to tech all the way to facism to build Mt Rushmore?

I think, one of the possible answers for your first question is in your second question ;)
And there is second variant, that I meant in the rules.

Not sure if it's just me, but if i load your save i get an empty tech screen and after that the game runs with no User Interface.

Probably, it's because of BUG mod, that I recommend you. It helps a lot.

Sorry, I didn't know, that it doesn't work with original game. So, could anybody help with convertion BUG save to original one?

This sounds interesting. You assign some bonusscore. Is this bonus in addition to some other score or are they the only goals we should go after?

This sounds interesting. You assign some bonusscore. Is this bonus in addition to some other score or are they the only goals we should go after?

The first task is to win. Scores is the bonus, so we could compare results with each other.

Let's say the base score is 280 (20 scores for each stone wonder). So, other players with light challenge could compare their result too.

Probably, it's because of BUG mod, that I recommend you. It helps a lot.

Sorry, I didn't know, that it doesn't work with original game. So, could anybody help with convertion BUG save to original one?

I actually use the Bug Mod. Other saves on this Forum work in general + bug mod saves should work with no mods at all.

I actually use the Bug Mod. Other saves on this Forum work in general + bug mod saves should work with no mods at all.

So, the save doesn't work with your BUG mode?
I have 4.4 BUG, I believe it is the latest version.

Let's wait other people say - is it working or not.

You could also this challenge on your own map, just check for a few turns, tht you have a stone near your capital. I tried this, with light version of challenge it works good. So, on different maps I was only missed 1 or 2 wonders.

Hi guys, I'd love to try this map, but I don't have BUG and can't open the save
(I'm not that interested in installing BUG either though)

I think you've chosen the wrong option to install BUG. It gives you a few options, the first is to put it in custom assets folder, that's the one you should use. Then you don't load the mod separately, it loads by itself whenever you load a game, no matter if it was created with BUG or not. Also, when installed like that, your saves can be open with or without BUG.

I have BUG 4.4 and I can't open your save, because it requires the mod to be loaded separately. I'd have to reinstall BUG in a different way to open the save.

I think you've chosen the wrong option to install BUG. It gives you a few options, the first is to put it in custom assets folder, that's the one you should use. Then you don't load the mod separately, it loads by itself whenever you load a game, no matter if it was created with BUG or not. Also, when installed like that, your saves can be open with or without BUG.

I have BUG 4.4 and I can't open your save, because it requires the mod to be loaded separately. I'd have to reinstall BUG in a different way to open the save.

Thanks for your answer

I feel it's too complicated to me((( So, as I understand, I installed my BUG mod as mod (MOD folder). But it's better to me to deinstall it and install to ASSETS folder, right? I just afraid, that I lose my original CIV then.

Yes, install to the Custom Assets folder. You don't lose the original civ. If you for some reason want to play without BUG, you can temporarily rename the custom assets folder to whatever you like. Or choose "lock modified assets" when starting a new game (this will also remove the option to use worldbuilder).

Yes, install to the Custom Assets folder. You don't lose the original civ. If you for some reason want to play without BUG, you can temporarily rename the custom assets folder to whatever you like. Or choose "lock modified assets" when starting a new game (this will also remove the option to use worldbuilder).

But also in this case I'll lose myself the option to load the save of the topic game, right? )

Yeah. But no one else can play your challenge right now anyway.

yes,I don't have a mod so couldn't load your save,I think if you give the original save people can then add bat/bug or whatever afterwards.

Top Bottom