Pericles the Culture Nut

Very nice capture TLO. It's on a very nice spot and no need to pay for a settler :)

Should we have iron close, I think it would be wise to mix some swords to our phalanx when going after Boudica.

BTW, where do you met Churchill - east or west ?
How was your party ? :cool:

Got it - playing now.

Turn 1: Hum, turn 106 and without anything for me to do? Did you play my turn? Hehe, no matter!
Hum, spearman in Corinth? I hope you didn't confuse spearman with phalanx! :lol:

Turn 2: Qin asks for ob. I first check relations and then accept. Why not uh..
Athens finishes phalanxs and starts other.
And I am sending the phalanxes to Thebes, as a rally point because it is the nearest of Boudica cities.
I also sent one phalanx, from the conquered barb city, to explore Boudica's land because we completly lack a map of her lands! I will ask OB.

Turn 6:
Worker finished mine in gold(Thebes) last turn and is roading it. Then I will send him to cow.
Churchil converts to Judaism.

Turn 7: Athens finished phalanx - Guess what next?

Turn 8: Asked Boudica an OB to explore her cities. Pictures in the end of the report.

Turn 9: Finished Phalanx in Sparta - Starts one confuncian missionary to try to convert the Chineses. And why no state religion? Sistine Capel is now a no-brainer for cultrual victories and it needs a state religion!

Turn 10: Corinth = spearman > phalanx.
Finished horse connecting - sent same worker to connect elephants.

Turn 12: Athens = phalanx - phalanx

F****k! If we sent 6 phalanxes(which we have) now to Boudica, we could take 2-3 cities! Ridiculous garrisons!!!!! just look the capitol:

< moving phalanxes > :mischief:

Turn 15: Now she makes a second archer in her capitol. I got 5 phalanxes 2 moves away from her cultural borders, I decided not to move them now. Let's decide if we wait swordmen, but looks like she has no horse/iron/bronze, I vote for attacking as soon as the 3 phalanxes still moving reach the main group.

She had it in her cities:
Vienne = 2 warrios
Tolosa = 1 archer
Bribracte(capitol and holy city) = 2 archers
+ a warrior that keep moving around.

We got one phalanx in her territory + 5 phalanxes 2 tiles away from her cultural border(and with moviment yet) + 2 or 3 phalanxes 1-3 turns away from the main stack.
TIME TO KILL!

PS: you gotta work on the gold on Thebes next turn when it reaches size two because our economy is bad.

Screenshot of China + Celtics:

Pawelo is up - Trieste on deck.

Nice stacking Arlborn! :thumbsup:

It will be an interesting turn set, I'm happy to be up.
Anyway, as I can't play it before tomorrow morning (in, like, 18 hours), I propose to strategize a bit.

Here is the plan I would draft for this attack:

The light blue rushes Biberacte as soon as possible, while:
a) staying on forests
b) shortening the path from the border to the city
c) making d*** sure to be on the right side of the river for attack

The dark blue rushes Vienne, keeping in mind same three remarks as above.

If Boudica has not many more defenders than when you scouted her, than this should do.

It's a got it than, play and report it by tomorrow.

I agree. But at least 5 phalanxes for capitol and 2 phalanxes for other cities in stack. One phalanx alone is no good hehe!

I agree. But at least 5 phalanxes for capitol and 2 phalanxes for other cities in stack. One phalanx alone is no good hehe!

I thought you were speaking about 2-3 behind... Well, no problem.;)

Anyway, I think we must road toward the celts anyway - I don't know where our workers are nor what they do, but it's mandatory in case we needed fast reinforcements.

I thought you were speaking about 2-3 behind... Well, no problem.;)

Anyway, I think we must road toward the celts anyway - I don't know where our workers are nor what they do, but it's mandatory in case we needed fast reinforcements.

Yes, I said it! I am just reminding you, sorry! It was no reproach of your plan! They are there, but not on the same tile hehe.

And workers? Hum - 2 were in the ex-barbarian city connecting elephants(happiness?) and one was in Thebes connecting cows(don't forget to work gold next turn in Thebes!). Was there one more? I guess not hehe!

Yes, I said it! I am just reminding you, sorry! It was no reproach of your plan! They are there, but not on the same tile hehe.

And workers? Hum - 2 were in the ex-barbarian city connecting elephants(happiness?) and one was in Thebes connecting cows(don't forget to work gold next turn in Thebes!). Was there one more? I guess not hehe!

No offense :)

As for the workers, we may capture one of them in Celtia. It's always nice to get the free workforce, especially since it works the same as ours.

EDIT: I would like to "got it" but cannot find it ;)

No offense :)

As for the workers, we may capture one of them in Celtia. It's always nice to get the free workforce, especially since it works the same as ours.

EDIT: I would like to "got it" but cannot find it ;)

uh-oh, sorry!

Attached here!

Attachments

• Pericles The Cultural Nut II BC-1000 end of turnset.CivBeyondSwordSave
    114.9 KB · Views: 66
Okay, here we are for the next part of culture conquest by Pericles.

Scene 8, Boudica @$$ kicking.

Starring Boudica as the conquee, Pericles as the conqueror.

As you may imagine ( or not, if you don't know her ) Boudica is the pain in the *** if you let her get Iron or Copper. Here we are, with an opportunity to rush her before she did connected the strategic ressource, while she only has some archers ( fortified, on the hill, and promoted with Garrison though... ).

Our initial plan was - two waves. Six Phalanx on Biberacte, three on Vienne.
Well it turned out a little bit more difficult than our Hurray plan foreseen...

T120
I sign OB with Surya to scout the Great Walled territory of the Khmer.

T121
:coffee: ( really :) I played it @ 5h30 AM so I needed it )

T122
Phalanx@Athens - Phalanx
Confu Missionary@Sparta - Confu Missionary
Meet and greet Boudica with this :

T123
Troops marching fiercly according to the PLAN

T124
(IT) Iron Working -> Polytheism for THE PARTHENON (GArtists spam :))
Phalanx@Corinth - Phalanx
Spread Confu @Corinth
Some wandering barbs are killed near Thebes and Byzantium
Athens, we might have a problem. Boudica spammed 4 fortified and Garnisonned archers on a hill with 40% cultural defenses... Our six phalanx, however mighty they are, won't last too long... I decide to dispatch every living soldier on Biberacte, having 8 phalanx and 1 spear on hand.
I promoted CR where it was possible - sorry, it was needed.

T126
Our regrouping troops kill a wandering Archer in the celt land.

T127
Phalanx@Athens - Phalanx
We kill a barb warrior near Sparta and another archer outside the city in Celtia. I wonder, WTF, why the hell does she put her archers outside instead of spamming them inside, making Biberacte impossible to rush ?

T128
When we arrive at Biberacte, she has only two archers inside :eek:
Should the AI act better, we would never be able to take it. She even managed to send an archer away, while we were waiting at the doorstep ( see screenie of the next turn )

T129
Barracks@Thebes - Phalanx
Here is the defense tactic of our best looking neighbor:

Attack and kill on Biberacte, wounding two phalanxes and losing one:

She managed to land Stonehenge, so we have no more regrets we left it aside going for Oracle.

IBT
We lose a wounded phalanx while defending Biberacte to an archer.

T130
Attack on Tolosa ( on the hill, with two CG archers inside ).
We suffer heavy losses ( 3 phalanxes ) but we manage to raze this one:

We have to thank Boudica once again, who has put one archer outside of the city between turns, making sure our force will be just enough to raze the outpost. :thumbsup:

T131
Phalanx@Athens - Phalanx
Confu Missionary@Sparta - Confu Missionary
We have another archer to kill in the open celt land - just there, picnicking on the river shore

IBT
We lose a warrior to a barb warrior near Athens.

T132
Some troops movements. The barb near Athens/Sparta is starting to be a concern. Just starting though.

T133
Spread Confu @ Thebes
Grouping troops around Vienne and cutting the Iron from it.
Yes, Boudica has settled on the Iron, next to our border near Byzantium, and managed to connect it to Vienne. She has already two axes, no need to let her pump more of it.

T134
We have our Great Prophet in Athens!
As we have decided ( or I think we have decided it ), it goes to found Kong Miao in Sparta.

T135
Phalanx@Athens - Phalanx
Barracks@Byzantium - Phalanx
Kong Miao done in Sparta.

So here we are, with two celtic cities standing.

Vienne, the capital:

Gergovia, the iron-city:

I propose to keep the first and raze the latter. They should be attacked asap - no need to leave Boudica time necessary to spam axes/archers.
Should go easier than before - both are not on hills. We have 5 or 6 promoted phalanxes for Vienne, and troops are on the run for Gergovia from our cities.

I suggest to take care of the warrior near Sparta.
We only have a warrior inside the city - it would be a pity to lose the holy city to a barb.
We can either :
- upgrade the warrior to a Phalanx using the celtic money
- attack it through the river @ 76% probability

The first is better to our defense, but makes us lose the money we can otherwise spend on speeding some techs. The latter is risky - should we lose our warrior, we will be pants down before a wounded barb warrior.
To leave is as it is is risky too, though wounded and across the river, the barb has a slight chance to kill our defender if he attacks.

Sorry if I misused the Great Prophet, now I'm wondering if we weren't to use it to bulb Theology and have our third holy city...

Trieste, you're up!

Great turnset! But if we had the possibility to bulb Theology... :crazyeye: Ah well.

We should start thinking about cultural victory now, shall we? :lol:

And what about the patch? Everybody upgrades to it, or? By the way it fixes the stupid bug of the archers wondering out of the city. This bug is better for us, but just not funny!

<< Patched to 3.13.

Patched to 3.13. BTW, if the next person attacks that warrior and loses to it and we lose sparta .... Well let's just say you never seen the "bad" side ofme. ;)

I heard about the BUG mod problem. If we don't use it, it might be worth a try.

I patched too this evening.

Great that we attacked Boudica before :mischief:

I heard about the BUG mod problem. If we don't use it, it might be worth a try.

I patched too this evening.

Great that we attacked Boudica before :mischief:

What problem with BUG mod??

i think there's a bug-fixing mod, and it has some problems with the new patch. Just guessing though.

Top Bottom