Perseid Meteors This Weekend

enough to understand answers... do you have any?

well, see, the thing is, I don't believe this is true. I don't believe you can, like, write out the equation for a simple orbit so I just don't really take anything you say on the subject of orbital mechanics seriously.

well, see, the thing is, I don't believe this is true. I don't believe you can, like, write out the equation for a simple orbit so I just don't really take anything you say on the subject of orbital mechanics seriously.

So you wont answer because you're too smart for me

Well, in a way, yes. I certainly don't know very much about orbital mechanics. But the difference between us is I have some idea of how much I don't know, and you don't seem to have any idea how much you don't know.

Show me some math, tell me about computer model runs or something. Don't tell me about what you think should happen. Why should I care what you would "expect" to be the result of Jupiter ejecting comets from the inner solar system if you can't even tell me anything about basic orbital mechanics?

I certainly don't know very much about orbital mechanics.

That explains why you didn't jump at the chance to expose these alleged flaws with my arguments.

But the difference between us is I have some idea of how much I don't know, and you don't seem to have any idea how much you don't know.

So this difference is a straw man based on what you seem to think. You asked me why it was unlikely Jupiter ejected trillions of comets and I gave several reasons and you ignored them.

Show me some math, tell me about computer model runs or something. Don't tell me about what you think should happen. Why should I care what you would "expect" to be the result of Jupiter ejecting comets from the inner solar system if you can't even tell me anything about basic orbital mechanics?

You understand the math but you cant explain why I'm wrong. Why should you care? You asked. Then you ignored my answers and justified it by citing your superior knowledge.

Are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect? You are displaying it in full glory right now

So you wont answer because you're too smart for me

Are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect? You are displaying it in full glory right now

Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

You're the one claiming your superior intelligence exempts you from backing up your arguments.

Yeah I climbed up to Elk Lake in Banff. Lucked out, was overcast/raining Sunday night when I headed to my tent, but got back up around 1am and got a bunch of clear skies. No good photos though, turns out my camera is lacking useful software features for good star/meteor shots.
I remember clear skies... we haven't had much of that lately, thanks to the forest fires. The smoke's affecting people as far away as Manitoba.

Even without photos, it's nice to just be able to have a good view of the sky. :)

You're the one claiming your superior intelligence exempts you from backing up your arguments.

What arguments have I made? All I'm saying is I don't believe any of the crap you're saying until you show me some math. That's not an "argument," it's just sense.

Your argument is orbital mechanics refutes my reasons for believing it unlikely Jupiter ejected trillions of comets

but you wont explain why because you're too smart

Are you familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Top Bottom