1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to Remove Set Start Date

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Black_Hole, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

actually:
    So as long as I PM other mods I think I am fine.
    But heh, its a good cause for my first ban ;)

2. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

Just out of curiosity...why send them the petition and clog up their already full inboxes when they can see the petition in this thread? Trust me...they haven't missed this thread. I wouldn't waste your time with the copying and pasting.

3. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

That's how petitions work, Moss. Petitions are presented to the public until the optimal number of signatories are found, and then they are send to the proper authorities-- in this case the Mods. BlackHole's just following the right procedure.

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

although the mods read every post(or try to) they do to ensure the forum rulesare followed. They dont do thisto respond to everything

5. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Well, I think 1 Mars is doable, but we may need one more month to refine the alternative government. Ideally, people would be nice and overbearing on initiatives made do further the progress in place of derailing these, and work with these to promote a faster and more constructive solution. Such a petition should carry a rider for a one month extension, not just ask for a vague extension. If we are to organize terms by the calendar, this is the only way to go.

But as many others say, we should not waste our time, and work target-oriented on making headway with the preparations. I see too many attempts to derail initiatives and too few attempts to drive the process forwards.

6. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

actually the new start date is vauge, because there shouldnt be one, atleast one decided my mods. If someone wants a authorized start date poll it.

7. Provolution

I proposed this poll in this thread, but the proposal faced a false accusation of from the other Black-prefix guy, Blackheart. I actually proposed to poll it, and in place of an intelligent response, yet more vinegar-like comments.
    In fact this proposal was ignored thanks to Blackhearts vile persecution.

Now you realize you actually need to present the poll I proposed yourselves, or this planless anarchy will go on.

8. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

What the hell are you talking about?
    My vile persecution must really be working if it stopped you from "polling"! :thumbsup:
    I really don't remember this happening... but ok...
    We all owe you a debt of gratitude for bringing this up months and months ago, Provo. :goodjob:

9. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Actually, if we didn't already have a start date and official threads, today is the day I was going to propose (not edict) a March 1st date, and open threads based on the constitutional structure.

People, correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not so much mad about there being a date or what the date is, as you are about how it was done. Me too, but this thread has been duly noted and I doubt we're going to see anything come of it. As much as I'd like to see an apology or a pledge to take feelings into account in the future, don't think it's going to happen.

Just remember that when nominations and elections start. Use the candidates' respect for your views when you choose your leaders.

If the rules aren't done, and it's not our own fault for failing to push forward the agenda but due to truly significant discussion or a failure to get enough votes to ratify, then we can petition again to have the date moved out for a valid reason.

10. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I second this suggestion.

If there is still serious discussion about a topic or if the Constitution was been put to a vote and not ratified, then let's push the start date for a week at a time. Otherwise, let's plan on starting the game on March 1st.

11. Provolution

Yeah, finally some sanity here.

12. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Quite bickering and get it done. If you actually aren't done with the basis of a rule set by 1/3 then we can postpone the game, but I don't see why that is such a problem, and remember, I have done this before. If your real issue is that CT imposed a deadline on you, I have no sympathy because you seem to need a kick in the pants to get going. Thread closed. Eyrei.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.