PH18: We Hates You'se

Agree also. I might prefer a restart over a slow painful death.

I must say that I didn't consider the variant enough when making decisions in my initial set. This is my first game with raging barbarians and I didn't give it enough thought. Archery might have been a good idea earlier...

:agree: with those two comments as well.

However, to be :satan: advocate, with Agressive AI on a huge map, how many players, if any, will have issues?

I'm also fine with a slow, lingering death from obscurity.

obviously.

okay, i think the restart is the option we all like. also, i like the 12 empires BECAUSE of the squeeze. wanted a fast(er) game, PLUS less space = more war :devil:

i think fox is up, but he's OoP now i think for his military stuffs, so it looks like it falls to me to restart. I can do that, but prolly not tonight.

use the same start, but choose archery instead??

I don't like the notion of take 2 on the same start. That's cheating.

Also, on the map, I don't think we need one that's terribly open, but we shared one border with tundra and another with the end of the map. I love raping, pillaging, burning, and raping as much as the next drunken god of chaos, but at harder difficulties, you need have something to build up before you can go on your murderous rampage.

yeah, yeah, relax....so you all want a redo? that would mean i have to reopen the map again to WB the relations settings. I could do that before i have to leave for the weekend (after working my a$$ off all week).

i'm fine with doing that, but someone else should take the first set again. however, i'm going to keep the land settings. the point is to crowd everyone in. workign with about 3 or 4 cities (which is what i reckon we'll get, barring any Rex-setbacks ~ "rexbacks"??) we should be okay. just like a 3cc ~

so...have at you!! looks like Dragon's up again for the first time.

Roster:
dragon >> UP NOW
turdferguson >> on deck
v8_mark
Rex
fox
pholkhero >> just set up...shirking duties

Attachments

• pholk BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    26.9 KB · Views: 94
Hey guys, I'm going to need a skip for a week. I'm heading home to visit family for (Canadian) Thanksgiving.

I think the restart was the best idea :goodjob:

Okay, screw this steaming pile of sloth. In one hour, I'm picking up the save and letting my nine-year-old choose the tech path. If anyone would like me not to let such an inexperienced youth's influence loose on this game's most formative years, post a "got-it" between now and then.

So, much in line with my typical style of posting, I'll give you all a taste of something screwy that happened, and work my way to how we got there...

Fun, huh?

See, it all started so innocently...

I moved our scout up to a hill and saw more of the land. Nothing screamed "settle here" so I stuck to my rule of settle in place unless you see a damned good reason not to.

I thought hard about that lake tile and settling 1SE. In the end, though, I settled where Pholk put us. London, est 4000 BC. Naturally, the townsfolk elected me despot.

First order of business: snatch that goody hut before that wurst-eatin' scout ninjas it. We get a map.

Not bad. That map shows us another hut way up in the NW corner. Getting two huts on Emperor, in this squished map, is pretty good in my book.

Plus, the 66 gold means we get to burn our slider at 100 for a few more turns. Me likey.

On turn 9 someone way more religious than I am took Buddhism off the table.

But we weren't gunning for it, so Vishnu bless him. (How'd you like that foreshadowing, Pholk?)

That's right, I came out gunning for Polytheism, just like in game one. Unfortunately the Celtic hotty got it, but I still call it a win.

So, religion in hand, I set our sites on warfare and moved straight to archery. We need to get those pigs hooked up, but I'm not even building a worker yet. And the barbs are starting to cook up here.

We beat the lion (barely) and I did my best "brave Sir Robbin" with the bear. By then, though, a scout was pretty worthless, so I sent him back home, preferring to let our teammates explore for us.

And that's when it happened.

What the deuce? That's us!

Nice one, Pholk. Was this something you told us about that I "glanced over"? Was it even intentional? Anyway...war. Good thing I've got Archery dialed up.

Here's our world. I'll let everyone else dot map it to death.

Attachments

• pholk BC-3500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    50.3 KB · Views: 79
all i can say is "doh" on the always war being on. was a leftover setting from an SP game. :(

ah well, let's just see what happens this time around. good turns ~ it seems your son is already light-years ahead of you in civ. one set and no lose of cities = victory :goodjob:

:D

in any case, i think archery is good, and then we should head maybe for writing. I like the SE on AW since they can be more easily repaired than an economy based on cottages. whatever we do, city 2 should make for the rice/marble/ivory spot. it also seems like we are in teh corner, so maybe a cottage-economy would work.

finally, should I WB the save to make the AI teams all at war with each other just to bend the game more towards teh spirit i had originally intended? (this is mostly rhetorical unless someone has a strong objection.)

as far as roster:
rex & son > just played
dragon >> UP NOW
turdferguson >> skipped
v8_mark >> on deck
fox
pholkhero >> just set up...shirking duties

Top Bottom