PH18: We Hates You'se

Emperor Peter, you're in. if you care to, you can step right in here and play the save.

seems i may need to advertise if all our players keep leaving.

Thanks, this is my got it, expect a report in a few hours.

Took a look at save: i think we need to change research to agriculture right away, so we can farm the rice near york. IW can wait i think archers and chariots is enough vs barbs and our allies will keep the AI away (i hope).

A city in the middle looks tempting (between the banana/dye for instance) for resources, canal function and as base of operations but we need better defenders. It's far away though.

I will build more workers, settlers and chariots. How many turns am i supposed to play?

Here's my first report (my cherry's popped now :D):

Inherited turn (t75): I switch research to agriculture
London switches from archer to worker, we have no improved tiles at all

T76: send the warrior in York NW to spawnbust and check coast for seafood

T77: 2 barb spearmen NW of york, to late to spawnbust now
Spoiler :

t78: our warrior bites the dust ofc, but we get revenge (sort of), I kill a chinese scout near London
Spoiler :

T79: our York garrison kills a spear

T81: our York garrison kills a spear again

T83: I whip the worker in London
we have no seafood in the NW
Spoiler :

T84: I whip the worker in York, London continues its archer

T85: workers start building pastures
another archer started in York

T88: London completes archer, growth in 1 turn, start another archer

T89: London archer > settler

T90: worker pastured the pigs near L, heads to horse next
Spoiler :

T93: horse connected to York, we can built chariots there

T96: York: archer > chariot
i promoted our archer to guerilla II to hold back a spear
Spoiler :

T97: Agriculture in, contine IW
our G2 archers gets hurt (0.4) but kills the barb and goes healing in L

T99: IW in, i pick writing next (only 1 turn invested right now)
Iron is not in the best spot, nevermind the one surrounded by ice :rolleyes:
Spoiler :

T100: another spear appear S of L, headed for the horse pasture that's just finished, hopefully he'll attack our archer instead. G2 archer still healing in London from previous attack
Spoiler :

We have a new settler ready in 5. I suggest the spot marked before it's too late. We have our "friends" culture pressing but all the good tiles (corn, 2FP and hills) are still available. Plus we get a free monument since bis built SH. An archer is already waiting there.
Alternatively we could settle on the river near the Iron - but this can wait imo. The North is spawnbusted so long as we leave the archer there. We can defend the S with archers and chariots.

The save:

Attachments

• PH18 BC-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    141.1 KB · Views: 56
Cool beans. Thanks for jumping in, Pete. I could play again, or someone else could rescue our game from my clutches. Pholk? Anyone?

great turns, EP ~ you're missing the pics in th spoiler, but other than that :goodjob:

i like the dotmap, too, and the order you marked the spots. i toyed with both 1 and 2 before I settled York; it was a tough decision.

lemme post a msg in the announcements thread adn we'll see what happens. Looking for a couple more i htink at this point...otherwise, i'll play tomorrow

myabe was just my comp messing up. at first, i hit the spoiler button and nothing showed up.

now they're all there :confused:

Hi - If you are still looking for 1-2 more players, I would like to join if you will have me. It would be my first succession game, and first game on this difficulty level, so you would have to be a little patient with my while I learn the ropes :)

-Also another thing I should mention is that MM is not my strong point - it would be good if I was placed before someone who is good at it so they can fix my mistakes and I can learn from them..

Not sure if you guys are aware, but we can tell our teammates what to research by clicking "lets discuss smth else > we would like you to research". This way our teams research is combined.

After writing, i'm thinking research HBR. We can build HA before iron is hooked up and we need the tech and stables anyway because we have 'phants.

This game will be though to win, it won't be long before the all the AI will be sending streams of units our way. I don't expect the celts to hold their own without our help. So we need production most.

Hi - If you are still looking for 1-2 more players, I would like to join if you will have me. It would be my first succession game, and first game on this difficulty level, so you would have to be a little patient with my while I learn the ropes :)
you're in! welcome aboard. anyone w/a mitch hedberg quote is fine by me! :goodjob:

another good comedian lost :sad:

Not sure if you guys are aware, but we can tell our teammates what to research by clicking "lets discuss smth else > we would like you to research". This way our teams research is combined.

After writing, i'm thinking research HBR. We can build HA before iron is hooked up and we need the tech and stables anyway because we have 'phants.

This game will be though to win, it won't be long before the all the AI will be sending streams of units our way. I don't expect the celts to hold their own without our help. So we need production most.

i think most of the veterans know about this feature, but still good to point out. I like the tech path you laid out for us. I don't think the stables in our teammates' cities would count but you never know...

will be playing later today and then i'll post an updated roster

it would be good if I was placed before someone who is good at it so they can fix my mistakes and I can learn from them..

You need to be before GreyFox to get a good :whipped:. pholk and Rex are too nice about people's mistakes :mischief:

Don't forget to post teh save :p

First SG and you already know what will happen :lol:

Hey, the only reason I'm nice about everyone else's weed is because mine own is always worse. Otherwise, I'd be a total [expletive removed].

okay, so i played 21 turns. Why 21? Who knows ~ basically it was moving units around away from the barbs.

oh, and i like the "I *would* be an a-hole" bit...as if you're not already :lol:

first off, our team is super cultured:

and, its not exactly tank losing to a spear, but an archer on a hill?!?

Our settler finished, and i toyed with not settling at the proposed site simply b/c it was so close to Biz's culture, and I fear it may be over-run. i did it anyway:

the regretted it as I saw a settler pair heading SW towards our next city site:

If you notice, my sadness was not long-lived. Finally, speaking of :smoke:

idk what i was thinking here :crazyeye: needless to say we lost that worker. I had York continue with chariots until it hit unhappiness. Now its set for a worker to whip next turn for 2. We should probably hook up the ivory for the happy. I let London continue with archers, too, both for the defense and to let it grow to the happy limit (6 w/ivory).

We've got our Guerilla3! archer on a forested hill to our south as well as another archer down there on a hill to stop the barbs if possible. Our neighbors are getting hit, esp Biz. I have one chariot over in berlin to help out. I suggest they both head to that SE corner where the barbs are coming from.

Here's our lands:

And the cross-roads, getting full of units:

well, four isn't exactly "full" but . . .

Writing finished and we're all on HBR. i have us at 0 research for now, but we shoudl be g2g in about a turn or two. (currently at 15 losing 10 gpt @ 100%)

Roster:
pholkhero >> just played
mlinneak >> UP NOW
rex >> on deck
EPete

ozzie, you back or only for YOUR games? *sniff*

Attachments

• PH18 BC-0975.CivBeyondSwordSave
    169.9 KB · Views: 46
Got it, thanks.

I will be looking it over today, should be able to play and post tomorrow with no problems.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate tips and further discussion on what my goals should be for my turnset, aside from hooking up the Ivory. And speaking of turnset, I do not recall seeing how many turns I should be taking? Anywhere between 10 - 15, going to a logical stopping point?

Looked at the save:
-Nottingham is fine even with bis's culture. The city tile is 82% german but no chance of revolt and some tiles around are 1% ours, 99% german but within our borders :). That's all the good news there is though.

-Bad play losing the worker :( , then you wasted worker turns connecting the horse near London, while we have the horse at nottingham connected :rolleyes: . Instead a road between the cities would have brought horse to london AND a trade route. The grass hill needs mining badly as well

-Our neighbours are doing poorly. Neither of them have metal connected :cry: , their lands have been pillaged by barbs, especially bismarck's (only 1 city as well :sad:). If the AI starts showing up with several stacks in the next set, we will have to help boudica defend her cities.

mainly the road was to speed units south to defend ourselves, but you right as to the trade route as well.

yeah, play to a logical stopping point...pehraps when HBR comes in??

Top Bottom