Phase II gameplay discussion thread

loki1232 said:
Yeah. I think the answer is to remove the floodplain overlay when you terraform.

Also, in my game I noticed that no one is seafaring anymore. I know you removed the trait, but my lanun weren't getting the bonus they should.

Your right, the seafaring trait wasn't linked correctly. Its fixed now.

About the religious units, they also are not produced with food when you have the conquest civic. I really think you should check that.

Ships normally can't learn mobility. Instead, they are supposed to get the Navigation promotion, which does the same thing.

Lunargent said:
Ships normally can't learn mobility. Instead, they are supposed to get the Navigation promotion, which does the same thing.

Should I just consolidate these 2 to make it simplier?

One Vote for no.
I think its ok and Navigation actually has some preconditions. And of course we havent changed a lot for the ships so they are easy to understand for vanilla players as they are now ;)

Lunargent said:

They can't get navigation either. Or maybe it was just my early ships. i was lanun if that helps any.

Should Adepts be able to "cast" and move in the same turn? I would think the task of converting desert to plains should use up at least their movement point.

Well i've been playing and i love the early game barbs. Not only is it cool to be fighting orcs and goblins, but there are so many of them. I love the feeling that the barbarians are almost overwhelimng my empire.

Also, I think that awaken the ancients should be a second era tech so that when i start in the second eara it can still be founded and used. Not being able to use a religion really annoys me.

loki1232 said:
Well i've been playing and i love the early game barbs. Not only is it cool to be fighting orcs and goblins, but there are so many of them. I love the feeling that the barbarians are almost overwhelimng my empire.

Also, I think that awaken the ancients should be a second era tech so that when i start in the second eara it can still be founded and used. Not being able to use a religion really annoys me.

K, its a Classical Era tech now.

loki1232 said:
About the religious units, they also are not produced with food when you have the conquest civic. I really think you should check that.
Only military units are produced with food under Conquest; I'm sure it's deliberate.

woodelf said:
Should Adepts be able to "cast" and move in the same turn? I would think the task of converting desert to plains should use up at least their movement point.
Bah. If converting desert to plains used up movement points, it wouldn't be magic, now would it?

so i have a question. say i have 3 things of mind mana. i build an adept so he starts out with mind I. so does that mean if i upgrade him to a mage, will he have mind II? or as an archmage, mind III? or is it that mana only gives automatic promotions to built units and not upgraded units?

jimi12 said:
so i have a question. say i have 3 things of mind mana. i build an adept so he starts out with mind I. so does that mean if i upgrade him to a mage, will he have mind II? or as an archmage, mind III? or is it that mana only gives automatic promotions to built units and not upgraded units?

Right now it only grants Mind I. We have been talking about what the benifit of multiple nodes of the same mana type should be, right now there isn't much of one.

There is a bit of a technical dilemna involved, I cant apply the upgraded spell spheres early because then the adept will have the ability to cast the higher level spells. Likewise I dont want to grant them on upgrade as that will incent players to swap out all of their mana nodes before upgrading so they can get the maximum number of different nodes. And spells would become a lot more plentiful as your grown archmage collected all of the promotions hes gained over the years plus all of the mana nodes that you had diascovered since hes been created.

But we do need to have a benefit for multiple nodes of the same type, we just dont have it worked out yet.

How about the following: When you Promote Spellcasters for Spheres where you have Mana they gain level/2*#Nodes XP for free. So having access to 4 Manas of one Kind basically allows you to Promote Freely in this Sphere.

Top Bottom