Phishing on Steam workshop downloader?

Hiram

XML Plebian
Got the following when trying to download a mod in Chrome:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on steamworkshopdownloader.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers or credit cards).
Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide details
Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on steamworkshopdownloader.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

Anyone know anything?

edit: Pls, the downloader seems to be the only way to get mods these days and I've got a couple I need to update.

Can confirm that alert pops up. I suspect it has something to do with the ad server they're tapped into. So long as nothing you download is an .exe or .bat, you should be fine.

My anti-virus, anti-spy, etc., program has never complained about Steam Workshop Downloader.

It did, however, try to convince me that using Civfanatics was "risky", I guess because of the Download Database.

Top Bottom