Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Sommerswerd, Aug 17, 2011.
They'll need to introduce Pitboss first....
Would Firaxis really miss such an opportunity to advertise that they build games that stand the test of time? I hope not.
Good, I got the preferences of almost all the teams, so we can well use the new sub-forum for setting discussing settings/rules threads, recruitment and the private section.
Heard back from ainwood. He says he will set up our forum this weekend.
one small step further.
Now we need a game admin.
r_rolo1 is thinking about it. I haven't heard his decision.
Havent heard anything at all back from Rik Meleet, Dave MCW or DaveShack
I am just a lurker anyway, but this thing seems to get epic.
Now I just have to find an answer between CFC and civforum.de
CFC needs a player who speaks German to translate between us and Civforum.de
I think most of us from civforum.de also know English
Besides, we are just discussing who should become responsible for talking you guys
Interesting. The same thing is asked for on "the other side"
But I think in this very internatinal composition, it's impossible to have someone for every language. English should be the official game language.
Right, so now all you have to do is choose between your ol' pals and former teammates on the side of truth, justice and everything that is right and good and just and awesome... Or you can join the side of horrible, awful, no-good, very-bad, naughty, naughty
Simple choice right?
Yes, my impression is all the Germans speak English well. I was in Germany few years ago and for a whole month the only person I met who could not speak English was some gas-station guy.
Now to the point, you guys over civforum.de need to elect a team captain and he needs to send me your preliminary preferences for the settings of the game.
C'mon Calis! Eagle solidarity!
That aside, I can fulfill those duties for the French Civ Forum, if they are fielding a team.
You guys are so convincing
Where do I have to sign?
But I will stay lurker mainly! In emergencies I can help out with the Germans
Team Realms Beyond's full settings vote:
- nukes (on/off) - Off
- spies or the civ-wide esp missions - Civic/Religion Swap missions disabled
- huts/events (on/off) - Off
- corporations (on/off) - Off
- known tech bonus (vanilla 30% or higher, like 100%) - Default
- BUG mod (included/not or included without # cities) - No
- double-move mod (on/off) - Off
- always war (on/off) - On
- tech trading (on/off) - Off
- engineered starts (yes/no) - No
- wrap (none, 1-axis, 2-axis) - Mapmaker's choice
- mirrored starts (yes/no) - Map either balanced or mirrored
- type of script (donut/pangaea/continents/archipelago/etc) - Mapmaker's choice, land-based map
- map makers if possible - Strong non-player with history of balanced maps
- restricted leaders (on/off) - Off (unrestricted leaders)
- can have many instances of a leader (leaders exclusive to one team, or not) - No (exclusive leaders)
- method of assignment - Snake Pick
We're happy to explain any of our choices if people want to discuss them, but there already seem to be several teams agreeing on the settings we care most strongly about (double-move mod, nukes, and civic/religion swap spy missions). We have preferences for other choices like restricted/unrestricted leaders, but we're happy to respect the consensus - and in any case are just excited to get started.
Thanks again for helping to get this game going, 2metraninja!
Always War, IMO, would be as destructive to the game as having tech trading on. Amazon didn't win the last game because they had some sort of vastly superior management; they won because they were excellent diplomats. Mavericks got their arses handed to them because they did the opposite.
Always War doesn't necessarily mean no diplomacy.
Indeed. It's a purely mechanical setting which prevents city and unit gifts. Nothing there about stopping diplomacy - indeed it'd be a shame not to have diplomacy.
What would that mean for the Statue of Zeus, jails, Mt. Rushmore, etc.?
Separate names with a comma.