Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

I think allowing more than one civ is the lesser of two evils. It would be even fairer than a snake pick, and I just can't bring myself to support unrestricted leaders.

EDIT: I just noticed that civforum.de posted a front-page ad for the game on May 10th. :thumbsup:

I just don't see the need for AW: forbidding city gifting is jus as effective and less disruptive to other portions of the game.

Agreed.

Regarding civ/leader picks: it's worth pointing out that with 9-10 teams involved, this is going to be far bigger than any previous game of its sort. Consequently, whoever gets randomly allocated the last few leader/civ picks will be at quite a disadvantage - much more so than in a more standard 5-6 team game. Would your team be happy if you got the #9 (or #10) pick for both for traits and civ?

The advantage of a "snake pick" with unrestricted leaders is that it balances civ and leader picks for larger games like this. With a snake pick, getting first pick for either traits or civ means you get last pick for the other option... while getting one of the last picks for traits or civ means you get one of the first picks for the other item. So rather than giving a clear advantage to the people who pick first, it naturally balances out the choices in larger games like this.

With a snake pick, no-one will be able to get both power traits and a power civ... but no-one will be stuck with both poor traits and a poor civ either.

Anyway, just a suggestion. :)

Agreed.

I would just remind everyone that I need more players to participate in the test Pitboss - the ideal would be 10+ players.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=461118

It's supposed to be a FFA game just for fun and testing, and seeing that everything is good to go on the hosting part for the MTDG. I will let the game run for as long as people are interested even after the MTDG starts. If you feel you can't commit for a long period for the game, then that's okay too - the primary reason for the game is to test that everything is working as intended etc.

I really want to get up a test PB before starting the MTDG PB, so I know that everything is good to go, considering the epic scope this MTDG is turning into! :)

Thank you!

Hey Caledorn it would be cool to test the spanish mod :)
Hi! Actually, we had been working with Manolo in a new version to allow turn off the double turn control in our mod.... We are planing to lunch a show-game pitboss to let you try the mod in a fast game

:) I think the best part of the Spanish Mod is the double-move controlling part and removing it will be awkward.

Ah! Thats a great feature already!

Who will have the right to turn it off - the game admin/host?

The admin of the game.

Theres also will have the change to let players to finish the turn, rename units and rename cities without the need to enter the game. Just from the mod web portal.
And soon, from an android phone

What about the fears of some players that the APT mod gives more information than it should via the web portal? Do you work in this direction or you already have solution about this?

What about the fears of some players that the APT mod gives more information than it should via the web portal? Do you work in this direction or you already have solution about this?
Do it.
A game can be set as private and the guest will not be able to see nothing of the match

also, I added a new feature, the game administrator could to expand or reduce the duration of the current turn

Do it.
A game can be set as private and the guest will not be able to see nothing of the match

also, I added a new feature, the game administrator could to expand or reduce the duration of the current turn

:thumbsup:

If you have less players, you could go with a smaller Map too:) As you said, the most important thing is to get it going ASAP.

That is a good idea, and I agree. :) I think that if we do not get more player signups this weekend, I will prepare and set up the game for start in the upcoming week. With the voting and planning etc that is needed for the MTDG, I don't except the MTDG to be ready for several weeks yet at best. ;)

So if anyone wants to join, feel free to sign up here :)

Hey Caledorn it would be cool to test the spanish mod :)

Good suggestion! I would have been willing to do this, if the players were, but I see it's not needed based on what is written here in the thread - so just going to go vanilla BTS as planned then. :)

I feel that I need to insert a few words for allways war. I have played several pitbosses with different impact of diplomacy, including diplo with allways war, that somebody has described above.

Diplomacy changes gameplay. If we keep diplomacy on the following ridicolous facts will take place for sure:

- if you build Great Lighthouse other team wont OB with you
- you will have to divide wonders between allies
- i give you ivory, but dont make war elephants
- and many many strange and imho even stupied things

And what is the worst you will get several peace treaties including so known "forever peace". At some moment one side will realize that it is unfair for it. It is allways only fair for one side but you cant allways understand it in time. What then? Play for the second place? this is the key problem, the problem that makes somebody start playing against you directly wasting everything just to change your civics or other examples.

You will have to spend a lot of time writing messages trying to trade better conditions. And think what happens when you peace treaty is expiring? How do you tell em that there is no more rose garden over here.
Of course you say that it is a way to form alliance against the strongest side but you can still consider to play against the strongest side even without diplomatic contact with another team. Attacking the most advanced civ can be the only way to save situation.

Concluding, our suggestion is no diplomacy up to have no contact among teams, especially if we are going to have significant ammount of participants. It takes too much time. It is never fair and mostly allways frustating. If you want to say something, do it in maintance thread for everyone to be able to see. If there is no good way to balance diplomacy, turn it off!

OT4E
CivPlayers

Top Bottom