1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Sommerswerd, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

Any mod, as all result of human work its nots free of risk of errors. I think that the mod had been chosen because it add some cool stuff that compensate the risk. Actually this mod had been used for the last 2 years in our Spanish community of the apolyton forum in more than 20 games already.
    The warm up game had the intention to allow to those that are not familirizated with it to try it and get used to its stuffs in a fast game.

2. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

No - you are missing the point of my question. I am not talking about the pros and cons of this mod ... that has been discussed to death, voted on and is set.

As I understand it, the mod is being currently worked on to strip out BUG, add multilingual support, etc (is that right?).

My question is ... once a pitboss game has been started with a mod - can the underlying mod be changed without having to restart the game? In a pbem game, if you start the pbem game with a mod, you cannot change the mod. If you do, civ4 will not load the pbem turns as the underlying mod has changed.

Is the same true for a pitboss game?

3. Sian

Sian Emperor

I would be surprised if it would accept changes in a Pitboss, when it wouldn't in a PBEM

4. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

Isn't this related to the "lock game assets" setting? Necessary with PBEM to prevent an easy (albeit not quick) way of cheating - or perhaps just unintentionally messing up a modded game - by literally changing the rules during one's turn. For Pitboss, though, it should be fine to leave this off, in which case I think the mod should be changeable?

5. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I think this came up in an old MTDG when we wanted to patch mid game. We might have needed one of the savefile gurus to edit it to take out the admin pw, but don't remember for sure.

6. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

locked assets doesn't change the fact that you cannot edit the underlying assets of a pbem game. Selecting the lock game assets, IIRC, just disables the admin password.

7. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

In most cases it's possible to swap out mods in pitboss. This is for example how we turned off barbs in some pbems after the game started with barbs erroneously on: load it into a modded pitboss that turns barbs off and deletes them from the map.

Only problem would be if the mod changes the save file format. Does it? I don't think so...

8. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

Sorry

Hmm.. not the civ mod. What Im working to add multilingual support its for the home page of aptmod.com. where the mod sends the info of the game. That do not affect the game, its just another civ page for tracking your games as civstats of playyourturn.

hmm.. really, I never try to do that...

9. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

originally posted by Sommersweld

Any progress?

10. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Or is everybody watching the Euro cup?

11. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Oh And what's the story with WPC? Everything now OK ?

12. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Having some interesting, compelling, and rather inconclusive debates on the subject. Hopefully soon.

13. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

A heads up: if more than one team deliberately delays their pick to try to see what the others pick first, the whole process gets indefinitely delayed. In this case, the one first in the pick order must choose first.

14. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

:lmao:

15. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

We aren't deliberately delaying our pick LP. We've had some very interesting debate which came late in the time period we were originally planning to make this decision. I'm sure you'll be interested in reading it once the game is over and the forum is made public. (although that's quite a ways off)

We appreciate everyone's patience in this matter. We've set a time limit for any last arguments and vote changes, that will be closing soon, after which our spokesperson will announce the results.

16. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

I know CFC fears us so much that our civ pick will be an absolutely huge factor in determining their leader, but yeah really guys, you're first. ;)

Yep, the google warning (which was erroneous as far as is known, though apparently there was a potential vulnerability) is now gone.

17. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Considering how some of your team members love to argue, I can only imagine.

18. DNK

DNK Member

Just don't delay your opening moves with 5 days of debate - you might not like the results :p

19. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Ssshhh!

Don't listen to my friend, he doesn't know what he is talking about. You go ahead and take as much time as you like to plan out your opening moves. Consider it from all angles. You don't want to miss anything. If it takes 3 days, no problem. 5 days, why not? You have my complete support.

20. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Whoever is next is up. Im not even guessing, lest' I be wrong.:blush: