1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Sommerswerd, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

Technically it's civforum.de then us. But, we're choosing different things (they need a leader, we need a civ)

2. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Our choice is limited, thx to CFC et al.

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Posted this in the Ruleset Discussion Thread:

Basically, every Team needs to have a fair chance to offer their own ruleset once the Leader/Civ process is complete.
    Spoiler :
    Anyway I put in a spoiler for reference, but the ruleset discussion can probably go in the dedicated Thread.

4. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

WPC guys,
    Anything wrong ?

5. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

Yes something wrong.

Very hard, sometimes impossible, to arrive at WPC site.

6. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

warriors will die of starvation

7. tobiasn

tobiasn Warlord

Yeah I see you're blacklisted by Google.. Not fun. Did you find out why?

Btw I'm sure you could get a private sub-forum here if you need it?

8. E_T

E_T Chieftain

We are working the issue, but at moment, no joy. It's also effecting a few people when it comes to logging into our Pitboss server.

We have found a work around, by turning off the "prevent going to listed attack sites" (or whatever it is)in Firefox and Chrome browser options/security.

9. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

That sounds like a reasonable suggestion. Then when you get things sorted you can move back.

Unless you think another day or two will sort it.

10. plako

plako Emperor

I'll retreat from trying to be an temporary organizer of this game. My activities has not been considered welcome by all teams. I'll get the map out and lurk from the sidelines.

11. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Great that you have posted your NA civ choice. :) I think that moves things forward.

Are you in now in a position to play?

12. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Final picks:

13. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

We could probably start. Forums are on-line, but in Firefox and Chrome you have to ignore very scary warnings to get through to them. I'd imagine it may have scared off a poster or two.

In general, waiting a week or so until this is hopefully resolved might be good for us, but I'm not sure it's strictly necessary.

14. plako

plako Emperor

I've sent the map for r_rolo1 for inspection. If he approves, I'll start sending starting screenshots.

15. draculea

draculea Chieftain

Very nice! Thank you very much!
    Let the games begin!

16. mzprox

mzprox Prince

Just out of curiosity: How do you balance the starting positions for the different traits/civs? What do you take into consideration?
    Do you make very similar spots and assign the civs randomly? Or it's you who chooses which civ starts where?
    (some examples: having at least 4 production for an exp civ, having sea resource for a civ which start with fishing etc. those are big advantages. one way would be that every civ starts with those or every civs start without those, if not I think random placement is prefered. ) So I'm just wondering how do you do it in case I will make a map myself sometimes.

17. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

18. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I can answer that myself ;)

The starts are all very similar in terms of food, commerce and hammer potential. plako numbered those spots and i generated a RNG chain in random.org to choose who get gets what start.

19. Sian

Sian Emperor

what Rolo said ... starting slots are rarely placed (not saying never but then it should be a specific gimmick from the mapmaker, said in advance) or amplified due to their picks (or lack of picks) ... theres made a map (ideally relatively even balanced), mark each starting spot with a number and then toss it through Random.org (or similar) to get a place

Picking a civ with fishing is a gambit hoping for seafood within reach of the city (or not bothering with lack of such) ... picking Expansive is (not only) for being able to get 4h from the getgo, getting a faster worker but it's a estimated gambit about what you believe you can except

20. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Any expected starting date?