Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Also, when I log into the game, the "Full Of Resources" mapmaking options screen comes up, and I can change options, click to load new map, etc. Not sure this does anything, but regardless it shouldn't happen.

Was this an isolated one-time experience, or does it happen every time? Does it happen to anyone else?

ISDG finally starting :woohoo:

But at civforum we have a lil problem. When we tried to log into the game 2 of 4 people had a disconnect after loading the game.

We installed the mod, started civ4 and loaded the mod. Then the usual drill with server-ip etc. But after entering the civilization password the game crashes. The weird thing is that 2 of us can log on w/o any problems at all.

We'd be grateful for help :)

Oh sorry! :mischief:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6355677/WebMod1_0.rar

Would you please add that to the first post too, Sommerswerd? :p

Is this the same mod that is in use for the test game, or a different one? If it is different, will it be a problem to change the name of the mod, so that people in the test game can select which one they want to use?

I'd recommend the server info, required mod, link to website, etc be edited into the OP of the sticky server downtime/announcements thread. That's the place I would normally look for it.

The ones experiencing the crashing should uninstall/reinstall Civ and BTS

It wouldn't work for me initially because the mod unzipped inside two levels of directories where I had expected one. So check the directory structure and move it up a notch if necessary.

Another alternative to reinstalling, for those who would prefer to avoid the extended procedure and are familiar with the civ4 mod structure, is to ensure there are no custom assets getting in the way of the mod.

I had a problem in the test game with disconnects after giving the civ password, during the download sequence. It resolved after a reboot, so I think it may have been due to an orphan process which was still occasionally taking packets from the UDP port. All that activity came after a few crashes like described above. So if you have the crash, and then it keeps disconnecting once your install is good, a reboot might help.

It wouldn't work for me initially because the mod unzipped inside two levels of directories where I had expected one. So check the directory structure and move it up a notch if necessary.
Thanks Dave:) The custom assets check and the reboot are pretty straighforward, but the first thing you mentioned isnt so clear to me. Can you explain a little more?

For example, when installing Mods I always unzip to the desktop, then cut-paste into the BTS-->Mods Directory. It always works fine. Is this what you mean? Make sure its in the "Mods Directory"?

IIRC I had the rar file in the mods directory, and the rar file started with a directory of webmod1_0. I used "extract to webmod1_0\", which then created two levels of directories. Instead it should have been "extract here".

Is this the same mod that is in use for the test game, or a different one? If it is different, will it be a problem to change the name of the mod, so that people in the test game can select which one they want to use?

I'd recommend the server info, required mod, link to website, etc be edited into the OP of the sticky server downtime/announcements thread. That's the place I would normally look for it.

It is the same version as the test game. :)

And I have done as you recommended in regards to the server info - good idea :)

ISDG finally starting :woohoo:

But at civforum we have a lil problem. When we tried to log into the game 2 of 4 people had a disconnect after loading the game.

We installed the mod, started civ4 and loaded the mod. Then the usual drill with server-ip etc. But after entering the civilization password the game crashes. The weird thing is that 2 of us can log on w/o any problems at all.

We'd be grateful for help :)
Some people on our team also reported similar crashes, while others had no problems. Not sure why.

I am currently hosting a pitboss with a Mod and most players are able to play just fine, but there were 2 players who reported this same crash-to-desktop and were never able to resolve it and had to be replaced...

I suggested uninstall/reinstall to both but that's a pain and they understandably did not feel like doing it. But if it happens to some and not others its clearly a user-end problem with certain mods.

I am currently hosting a pitboss with a Mod and most players are able to play just fine, but there were 2 players who reported this same crash-to-desktop and were never able to resolve it and had to be replaced...
playing MP games with a mod will always yield these sorts of results - some people are fine, some others, why? Total mystery.

BTW - put the mod under 'prog files / Civ4 / BtS / Mod' and not in the mod folder under 'my docs / ...'.

Moderator Action: Ok, all the passwords for civstats are delivered, so I guess that I'll have some days of rest of you :D Try not to give me work for a while , pls ;)

Moderator Action: Ok, all the passwords for civstats are delivered, so I guess that I'll have some days of rest of you :D Try not to give me work for a while , pls ;)

To where did you sent the pw for civforum.de? I didn't get it. Maybe you can PM me?

Regis

This happened to me. So far as I can tell it was because of my installation of BUG and/or Blue Marble into CustomAssets rather than as separate mods. I fixed it by going to the mod's folder and changing "NoCustomAssets = 0" to 1 in WebMod1_0.ini

And as Dave says, make sure you didn't accidentally unzip it into a double initial directory. WebMod1_0.ini and the mod's Assets folder should be in Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WebMod1_0\ and not Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WebMod1_0\WebMod1_0\

Civics of players you haven't met are visible from the aptmod website. Another issue...

Top Bottom