• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Well, looking through the codes, I can guess why.
The attitude codes are using Vincent's set of attitude buttons, so it does need the art define files and respective button art.

If you want it to use the BUG set of attitude icons, you will have to alter the codes to display strings rather than buttons.

Strictly speaking, it is actually Porges's set rather than BUG's set. The reason why you can use them as strings is because the font file is edited to add them in as icons.

I chose not to do that because it is easier for modders to add buttons than to modify their existing font files.

@ Keldath
If it is a problem only in ai autoplay then it is not a problem.
Chances are, when autoplay is used, you are no longer a human and isHuman() checks failed.

Ethiopia done :D
I was wondering if it is suitable to use Nazca Lines for Native America since those are found in Southern America? :D
The alternative would be to look for some animal pictures I guess.
Cahokia mounds would look pretty plain.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0030.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 80
I was wondering if it is suitable to use Nazca Lines for Native America since those are found in Southern America? :D
The alternative would be to look for some animal pictures I guess.
Cahokia mounds would look pretty plain.

I think not a problem, after all those born in south america are also Native Americans. On the other hand the cahokia mounds is very beautiful.

Cahokia mounds

To avoid the notorious Vincent's icons decided to take only a few parts of the code on the +10 and -10 buttons the result can be seen in review 4491

Here we go then.

What's left:
Carthage, Celts, Zulu

Whether it is Vincent's icons or Porges's icons, doesn't really matter.
Using buttons has its merits because you can alter the size of it and it is easier to add into a mod.

Using icons can still alter the size via fontsize but there are restrictions because it is just 1 to 4, so you can't have anything inbetween or bigger than 4.
It does have its merits that it can be added into a string easier.
But you are required to alter the font file and codes have to be hard coded because you need to know the exact position of the icon in the font file.
When you have to edit font file, it becomes tedious when you are merging into a mod with another font file, because you either have to shift all the corresponding new resources or edit the python codes of the attitude icons.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0031.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 52
Using icons can still alter the size via fontsize but there are restrictions because it is just 1 to 4, so you can't have anything inbetween or bigger than 4.
It does have its merits that it can be added into a string easier.
But you are required to alter the font file and codes have to be hard coded because you need to know the exact position of the icon in the font file.
When you have to edit font file, it becomes tedious when you are merging into a mod with another font file, because you either have to shift all the corresponding new resources or edit the python codes of the attitude icons.
:agree:

:lol:To save Platy the effort - it's not large enough, once it gets stretched out it will look bad

Yeah I know, this is just concept art. :lol:

Others sizes:
http://fhs1973.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/cahokia-2.jpg

http://www.chadtylerdesign.com/wp-content/gallery/cahokia/hhoh_cahokiapainting.jpg

https://eee.uci.edu/clients/tcthorne/Socec15/etowah.jpg

Well, personally I still prefer the green one as it looks more fertile :D
Also the yellowish one doesn't look good when in high resolution as you can see all the dots or pixels or whatever you call that.

So what exactly is Carthage or Celts famous for :D
Zulu most likely I will just take a picture of some Impis..

Well, that is not something I can use as a background :D

New Surplus Screen

New Display, no more Circles, my favourite Table Style.

If your mod has too many resources, you get a scrollbar!
(I purposely cut the number of columns just to display)

A celtic tribe of some sort built stonehenge.

Carthage was an off shoot of Phoenician traders. Mainly known as a maritime trading power prior to Rome. Maybe an ancient trireme/galley as a background.

Celtic Druids at the Stonehenge

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
A celtic tribe of some sort built stonehenge

Actually, Stonehenge predates the arrival of the Celts in Britain by several millennia. They certainly made use of it though.

Thread Rental Fee:
$5 per hour

:lol: I've been gouged worse than that. Check is in the mail.

Can I pick your brain about modding civ 4? I like to get back in to programming. I have not pursued it since high school. 1st college, then wife, then kids have taken up most of my time. I am starting to get regular me time back though. I figure I like civ and I enjoyed programming so why not?

. I've recently learned the basics of python and feel comfortable using it. I have read most guides regarding python here.

Anything else I should read up on before diving in?

Any advice to get started?

Any easy modifications I should attempt 1st.?

What is your process for modding?

Top Bottom