Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Hello Platy. I have a question. In XML is obsolete tech, but python function still works. Can you write some obsolete code in python for wonders, please?

And one more question. I use your PalaceUpgrade. It is a good tool for new victories. One thing there is, however, confusing. It is possible to make when a dialog box appears with the option to upgrade, run a camera over the city with palace?

Thank you for your response, Hroch

@Obsolete Tech
I already mentioned in the Wonders Thread first post Notes to Modders.
All obsolete tech codes for wonders which do not have it are removed.
There is a section there how to add it back, if not look at one which has.
Gigapack has many examples.

@Palace Upgrade
Not sure why is it confusing for you, since you only have one capital.
Anyway, instead of zooming the camera to the capital, I bring up the whole city screen so you can see how your palace is now before deciding which new bonus to choose.

Changes:
1) Combat Chance now independent of Unit Level, Air Battles and Interception can trigger too
2) Golden Age Chance is now per GA Turn, rather than just once when started.
Both values adjusted accordingly.
3) City Screen pops up first for Capital before the event is triggered, which can be disabled.

@Platypedia
Standalone Updated

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 130
OK :) I managed Obsolete. The problem is with PalaceUpgrade. City window appears at a different time than the upgrade option and I can see the windows of other capitals than mine. Any idea?

Edit:

I decided it is pretty irritating to bring up the city screen, so I changed it to just zoom to the city.

OK. I downloaded the version from the same store in the database.

I have a question. I´m working on the video for growt victory. Is Possible write some for growt victory video in game?

What you mean? Isn't there a movie tag in victory xml?

I have two ideas for python mod comps...
1. Expand the regicide modcomp to have the King's name change based on civics, i.e. President with representation etc.
2. A city-state mod using python... sounds like it would be impossible but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case

1) That is possible, however:
A) Currently the name of the unit itself is the leader's, not King.
Example: Alexander, Boudica. So why will you want to change it to President instead.
B) It means codes have to be hard-coded, because not every mod will have the same set of civics, extra trouble for modders to merge to their own mod with own set of civics.
C) There is no "change civic" check in python, the only way is loop through the civics for every player every turn. Pretty waste of performance time just for a unit name change?

2) Elaborate.

1) That is possible, however:
A) Currently the name of the unit itself is the leader's, not King.
Example: Alexander, Boudica. So why will you want to change it to President instead.
B) It means codes have to be hard-coded, because not every mod will have the same set of civics, extra trouble for modders to merge to their own mod with own set of civics.
C) There is no "change civic" check in python, the only way is loop through the civics for every player every turn. Pretty waste of performance time just for a unit name change?

2) Elaborate.

1. Well, I guess changing the name would be pretty useless then.
2. I'm assuming you mean explain more (I really hate English sometimes), so I will--i mean a python mod comp that would start several civs at the beginning, that have random names and just a picture for the leaderhead, which can't have more than one city. would that be insanely hard, or even possible?

1) The King/Queen itself is just the base unit, which can of course be changed to President, Chieftian or whatever, provided you have to make duplicates of the same unit just like what I did with King and Queen.

The trouble is doing a civic check, which is a waste of time just for cosmetic effects.

2) As for new ideas/requests, I can't possibly do anything with just an idea name.
For instance, Inquistors => Unit that can remove religions.
Palace Upgrade => Do something to the palace upon certain situations just like old Civ titles.

Edited above ^^, sorry about that

It is pretty easy to add extra civs into the game at the start of the game.
The troublesome part is to differeniate them from the real civs.

One way is to set them all as Minor Civs, which however cannot do any diplomacy stuff I believe.
The other way is to make use of player script data which is troublesome to merge with another mod using the same script data.

Only when you can differeniate them from the rest, then you can set limitations to them only.

Would it be possible to make them minor civs but then make code that would allow you to give the civs gifts or threats by clicking on their name, which would make them happy or mad at you? Theoretically if that is possible it could be applied to all civs, which could make it easier... right?

Possible but tedious.
Pretty much impossible to teach ai what to do

Thanks anyway for taking the time to respond to something like this!

I have one final idea for a python mod: there are lots of mods that add unit action buttons. There's even a tutorial on how (I've read it, it's all Gobbledegook until I get better at programming), but nobody has done a sniper action button, as far as I know. What it would do is: the player clicks the button (which only certain units have) then clicks a tile nearby. All enemy units on that tile are then listed in a popup, and the player picks one of the units. His sniper unit then has a chance of wounding or killing that unit. It could be used for precision artillery too, I guess.

Thing about python actions is inability to teach ai.
I made some before like inquisitors or enhanced gp with basic ai involved.
The more troublesome the action, the tougher it is to teach ai

Top Bottom