Please don`t pre-order.

I will be pre-ordering the minute it's available, just as I did with Civ V, G&K and BNW. I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed with any of them.

Pre-order? I'm probably not even going to buy the game until it's in the bargain bin unless they have rewritten the AI and diplomacy.

I don't think I will be even preordering this game unless I receive a confirmation that AI in civBE can indeed give me a good war more often than that one single fun massive war with Iroquois in Gods n kings. All other wars in civ5 were nothing but disappointments.

The game is not even a full price release (only 40$) and just a huge mod for Civ5. So we not only see what it is about, we already know that there is very little risk for dissappointments if you like Civ5. I will still wait for more info and media until preordering close before release, just to be sure.

Well i have been waiting the next generation of "alpha centauri" so long that i preorderd the moment it was possible..

And i dont get it what is so wrong in preorder.. Firaxis is one of the companies you can trust, especially when it comes to Civ games..

It may be that there are some bugs when it comes out, but mostly the reason to that is, that its impossible to do beta test that reveals all bugs.. When the game is later played By 100 million people thats when the bugs start to appear..

Well i have been waiting the next generation of "alpha centauri" so long that i preorderd the moment it was possible..

And i dont get it what is so wrong in preorder.. Firaxis is one of the companies you can trust, especially when it comes to Civ games..

It may be that there are some bugs when it comes out, but mostly the reason to that is, that its impossible to do beta test that reveals all bugs.. When the game is later played By 100 million people thats when the bugs start to appear..

I guess you weren't at Civ5 release. Were you? ;)

and actually, maybe Civ4 vanilla (because some think it's too cartoony) and Civ3 vanilla (because it's suck compared to SMAX). These 2 example is what I heard, while the first is what I personally witness. I think good amount of "Stop whining." post is good indicator how bad the "whining" are. :)

I pre-ordered as a sign of trust. Now, I know that some of you would believe that it is highly idiotic, would chastise me for reckless spending, but I saw some other people in this thread who were like me. I trust Firaxis and 2k to deliver a high quality product, and did the same with Civ V and its ordering. Some are saying that they may sell-out with motives of profit in mind, but I do not believe that, with Sid still advising production and knowing how he designed things, the company is trying to negatively manipulate us with false promises. There are also people with the opinion that Civ V was crap, but it was brilliant in my own opinion too and in introducing the Civilization series to a whole new group of people. It is how /r/civ (referring to the reddit community for civilization) began to explode with people posting screenshots, videos, walkthroughs, and setting up multiplayer matches.

Nevertheless, I too see the issue in pre-ordering in that, despite the amount of trust involved, there is little power in the process to the consumer save maybe some general demand of the community to attempt inclusion of a feature.

As much as I like Fireaxis, CIV5 with BNW and hope that BE will be good, there is no guarantee that the game will actually work properly on release.
Remember the mess CIV5 vanilla was after launch? Thank you, but no thank you.

But if it is decent enough I'll get it on full price after release, instead of waiting for the complete edition with all DLCs*.
Which is already quite a feat for a game these days, considering that many players have dozens of other games in their backlog.

(* not sure if DLC has been confirmed yet, but to me it seems highly plausible)

I am 99% certain I will buy BE, so I wouldn't take much of a risk if I preorder it. So I will preorder it? Most likely not. I will probably wait for the first patch to be released, if not longer. You know there will be bugs. I do enough bug testing with mods. There I have access to the code and can fix the bugs myself. Here, make a report, hope someone sees it and maybe I can play a version without the bug in a week. Or a month.

I rather let other people do the final bug testing of the game. Then I can pick it up when people tell me it's stable. It works very well, as long as you're ok with not having a game that other people are playing and talking about.

Actually I was planning to grab it at local retailer, without the map pack, since Steam's prices are good 35% higher than retail ones. But this thread makes me want to check local online retailers, to check if they will run pre-order, just to be contrrary.

Yeah, I very rarely pre-order and never for silly goodies. For me, pre-ordering is more: "Hey guys, I like what you're doing, I trust you, here's sign of my trust."

Firaxis is, at the moment, the only company where I'd do it (BioWare used to be on that list, but DA2 blew it).

It's part of "vote with your wallet" - it goes both ways and it's the closest thing I can do to "tip" Firaxis for over a decade of enjoyable games.

Ugh, yeah. DaO was so good, and I have hope for the next DA installment, but I hated DA2 and only played 2-3 hours of it in fact. Just goes to show how much damage a big player can do when they buy a smaller studio.

I'll probably pre-order just b/c I don't care about the $50 or whatever it costs, even if I only play 1-2 hours of cBE total I'll still be averaging several thousand hours per civ release since alpha centauri came out... Not sure what the OP is all worked up about tbh, people hanging out in this forum will probably be beta-testers before release, anyway.

As much as I like Fireaxis, CIV5 with BNW and hope that BE will be good, there is no guarantee that the game will actually work properly on release.
Remember the mess CIV5 vanilla was after launch? Thank you, but no thank you.

But if it is decent enough I'll get it on full price after release, instead of waiting for the complete edition with all DLCs*.
Which is already quite a feat for a game these days, considering that many players have dozens of other games in their backlog.

(* not sure if DLC has been confirmed yet, but to me it seems highly plausible)

Funny that you say that, I almost just played ciV classic yesterday to get back into the groove. I had a blast playing that game tbh, though I really did like the changes in G&K and BnW seems pretty cool after a couple games of that, as well.

Actually I was planning to grab it at local retailer, without the map pack, since Steam's prices are good 35% higher than retail ones. But this thread makes me want to check local online retailers, to check if they will run pre-order, just to be contrrary.

Like I posted earlier, go to greenmangaming. They have never more expensive prices than steam, most of the times lower and then you can get 25% Coupons from them almost two or three times a month. So just look out for such a time.
They are a verified, official reseller, not some shady keystore. So you get all preorder boni too, if you choose to preorder. And with a digital purchase you do something for our ecology instead of buying more reprocessed plastic.

Yeah firaxis has showed time and time again that pre-ordering is a trap.

On one hand, Firaxis may be the last company I can theoretically trust to deliver a product I will like in the end.
On the other hand, after X:Rebirth the last of my innocence has died. I don't think I can pre-order anything again..

Funny that you say that, I almost just played ciV classic yesterday to get back into the groove. I had a blast playing that game tbh, though I really did like the changes in G&K and BnW seems pretty cool after a couple games of that, as well.
Are we talking about CIV5 vanilla or CIV5 vanilla the release version?
I should try the latter some day - I think I still have the CD lying around somewhere.
:D

Top Bottom