Please Help with My Computer Problem

There is DEFINITELY something wrong with my computer. I kept thinking it would get better and it never did.

1) the internet is VERY slow despite having high-speed internet.
2) the wifi disconnects on a regular basis.
3) problems when gaming (such as loading the game and then it doesn't play and/or crashes to the desktop).
4) whenever the PC restarts it goes straight to the BIOS to where I have to manually restart from there instead of going straight to Windows 10.

Anything I can do?

The best and easiest thing to do would be a clean re-install of Windows, since this sounds like an over-arching system problem.

If that's not ideal for you, run some virus scanners (recommended: Malwarebytes) to make sure you aren't compromised. If you get any serious results things might improve when they are removed.

I have already tried re-installing windows multiple times. and will not do that anymore. I already have virus scanners and they are not finding anything.

edit: btw I already have malware bytes but it doesn't allow me to run the program nor will it even let me uninstall it I keep getting error messages.

edit 2: Is there any way to do a reset without having to delete my apps and games? I have TONS of games and it will literally DAYS to redownload everything. And I have already gone through this mess multiple times and I don't want to keep doing it.

My avast virus scanner has detected over 100 registry errors but it WILL NOT fix them.

Last edited:
I went ahead and sucked it up and cleaned the hard drive/reinstalled windows AGAIN, and the same problem is occurring. Boy was that a mistake.

Sounds like the hardware is at fault. Are we talking laptop or desktop PC here? For a laptop I'd get a new one for a desktop you could try track down the faulty component. In any case this will be tricky to fix by the sound of it.

There is DEFINITELY something wrong with my computer. I kept thinking it would get better and it never did.

1) the internet is VERY slow despite having high-speed internet.
2) the wifi disconnects on a regular basis.
One thing you could do to test if these 2 are hardware or software issues is to to boot up from a linux USB or optical disc. This will not touch your hard drive (as long as you do not tell it to) and you can see if your wifi stays connected and your download speed improves. If it gets better you know it is software.

It may be a bit late now, but when you get to the point of considering reinstalling a system it is worth taking an image of the drive before you start. That way you can always go back to the way it was.

Now it won’t even allow me to reach the desktop from past the bios.

And it is a desktop.

That sounds like what killed my last machine. Never really bothered to figure out what it was in the end since the machine was 10 years old at the time, so I figured it was hardware, especially since it got worse when it warmed up. It would boot to the desktop fine and lock after 10 minutes or so, further restarts would cut the time until after 3 or so reboots it simply refused to boot.

I'd try Samsons boot disk method first, then removing all external cards and playing around with the permutations after you are satisfied that it isnt the Motherboard or the RAM modules.

I removed all USB peripherals that were connected to the motherboard. Then it worked. So I plugged my keyboard and mouse in (the bare minimum required to operate the computer) and it worked fine.

Could the motherboard itself be damaged?

Mobo or CPU fault seems likely since we've confirmed hardware as the source.

I'd check first if it's the MOBO or the CPU, if its the CPU you may as well build a new computer. You could possibly reuse the RAM and cards if they are somewhat current.

I already know for a fact that the MOBO is damaged. I thought it would still be operational without problems in spite of the damage, but I was clearly wrong. Is the CPU also damaged? Certainly a possibility.

Hard to tell if the CPU has gone bad too. Easiest to plug it in a known functional MOBO and see what happens. Maybe you can find a loaner board. Because if the CPU is older buying a MOBO that can hold the CPU isn't really worth IMO. Especially if you plan on upgrading in the near future anyway, much cheaper to go for a new CPU MOBO combination.

Top Bottom