Polandball I - Polandball can into space

Touching... really... but did Finland II really name Finland III "Father"?
(That's the implication it gives, and I'm sticking with it.)

EDIT: Nevermind :( I don't know what I was thinking. It wasn't polandball, just shirts with flags. Still, guess since this post is gonna exist no matter what now, may as well leave it in spoilers.

Spoiler :

My avatar is not makings of Polandball! Avatar is makings of SATW! :lol:

I get that it is a colonialism joke, but I don't know what the hands are about.

And Britain should have a few choice words with whoever gave them the diamond/whoever they stole it from. I'm pretty sure a cut diamond shouldn't shatter like that when dropped.

The Belgian Congo was home to exceptionally cruel practices, even compared to other colonial powers - Villages who did not reach the quota for the production of rubber would often see all the children being killed, everyone's hands being chopped off, and/or the village burnt to the ground (often all three).

I get that it is a colonialism joke, but I don't know what the hands are about.

African farmers on the rubber plantations in the Congo Free State would be killed by Belgian soldiers if they failed to meet quota. To prove the murder, the soldiers would cut their hands off.

We Belgians are so awesome, we can destroy diamonds with the power of pure terror

(Or the South Africans just gave glass diamonds to Britain and kept the real diamonds for themselves)

So, to add to the pile of reasons not to invade Russia, "they also made a deal with the devil" might be the one that might finally get through the thick-skulls of would-be conquerors of Europe.

That's okay, I guess.

No, the reason why you shouldn't invade Russia is because they killed the devil when he tried to make a deal with them.

The Belgian Congo was home to exceptionally cruel practices, even compared to other colonial powers - Villages who did not reach the quota for the production of rubber would often see all the children being killed, everyone's hands being chopped off, and/or the village burnt to the ground (often all three).
To be accurate, most cruelties took place at the time of the "Congo Freestate", when the country was the private property of King Leopold II of Belgium. Only in 1908, after numerous reports were published in the international media about the attrocities by the "Force Publique" (Leopold's private mercenary army), the Freestate was annexed by the Belgian government, and renamed to "The Belgian Congo".

About the shoped hands: The members of the Frce Publique (often black soldiers under white mercenary officiers) had to prove that they didn't waist any ammunition. So for every bullet fired, they had to show a hand. How much is true about thatstry, I couldn't say.

If you're interested in reading mire about the subject, I can highly recommend David Van Reybrouck's "Congo. A history" ("Congo. Een geschiedenis" in Dutch)

Top Bottom