[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
Krakatoa always spawns in ocean (close to island) but Bermudas always spawns close (next) to continent even on next tile to land. It wood be nice for Bermudas to spawn in ocean, may be no closer to land than 5-7 tiles.
Krakatoa has code that changes sourrounding tiles to coastal tiles and modify its yields. It should be separated from land with at least 1 tile of water.

Bermudas is meant to be an obstacle for ships (unique promotion), and that's why it spawns next to land and maybe between smaller islands, and that's not gonna be changed.

Hi, Adan, I'm a little bit confused - after building a Golden Dragon Pagoda my archaeologists get Hidden Artifacts promo and able to enter a rival territory but they cannot dig for artifacts. Is this intended? If so why we need this promotion?

Hi, Adan, I'm a little bit confused - after building a Golden Dragon Pagoda my archaeologists get Hidden Artifacts promo and able to enter a rival territory but they cannot dig for artifacts. Is this intended? If so why we need this promotion?
Maybe some tech is missing? Can you investigate that more? I substituted previous ability (free Archaeologists) with this promo, but never tested it. You might be first noticing that. If there are problems I will try to fix them or substitute ability again.

Maybe some tech is missing? Can you investigate that more? I substituted previous ability (free Archaeologists) with this promo, but never tested it. You might be first noticing that. If there are problems I will try to fix them or substitute ability again.

I think it's just because I don't have open borders with those AI, this ability grants only that I can enter territory, but not ability to dig, so it's useless.
I can dig on my territory, on vassal's territory, on territory of AI where I have open borders but not on those where I don't have open borders - so everything works as usual, promotion grants ability to enter, but not to dig.

I saw the same thing but didn't report it. I thought that the promotion gave the possibility of crossing the borders to reach inaccessible ruins in neutral ground or in city states (which is already very good). To be able to dig into another civ's land, you need a two-way open border treaty, I think.

I saw the same thing but didn't report it. I thought that the promotion gave the possibility of crossing the borders to reach inaccessible ruins in neutral ground or in city states (which is already very good). To be able to dig into another civ's land, you need a two-way open border treaty, I think.

Not a two-way anymore, just from their side, but I think that their own archaeologists or even workers can make remove you from the digging. I mean when you are digging their units can come and start working on that tile moving your archaeologists out.

Not a two-way anymore, just from their side
The promotion is therefore quite interesting, you cannot search someone's home without having an open border with him, but you can cross borders to go to neutral territories or for which you have a "right to search". We just need to change the name and the description of the promotion, something like "Diplomatic passport" or "Permit to travel".

Last edited:
@AndreyK @gwennog Thank you for your help. I think, after reading your arguments, that this promotion, even if you cannot dig on enemy territory, is still worth taking. Remember you also get 20% boost to Digging.

I will change the name to:

Diplomatic Passport
and help text to:

+20% [ICON_WORKER] Work Rate. Unit [COLOR:255:230:85:255]can Enter (cannot Dig on) Enemy Territory without Open Borders Agreement[ENDCOLOR].

v0.14.3 available on Github.

Remember you also get 20% boost to Digging.
Yes, this promotion already gives a very good advantage as it is currently, in my opinion.
But I still have so much trouble building this Wonder, it is less accessible in terms of restrictions than the University of Sankore and Notre Dame (the easiest in my experience).

I hadn't played for a long time. I found that More Wonder doesn't work with the latest communitu_79a v2.3.2 from VP1.4.2. Swamps appear as tundra and most resources are not present (fish, sheep, horses,...). Maybe there is a conflict with the AssignStartingPlots.lua ?

I hadn't played for a long time. I found that More Wonder doesn't work with the latest communitu_79a v2.3.2 from VP1.4.2. Swamps appear as tundra and most resources are not present (fish, sheep, horses,...). Maybe there is a conflict with the AssignStartingPlots.lua ?
Yes, it is, but I have currently no time for updating it. I will try, but no promise. I must finish few other projects (non-civ) before.

@adan_eslavo I love this mod but in the ancient era it bothers me hugely that The Pyramids and Karnak are available in the same tech branch so I moved The Pyramids to Masonry and actually have been able to build both. Would this be something you'd consider incorporating into the mod? I'll probably just edit the code myself every time a new version comes out but it would be nice if it was already edited in another mod lol.

Synergistically, you'd be surprised how well the wonder works from Masonry. Not only does it make sense historically as it is a masonry building but the free settler works really well with Authority when you get the free settler on Imperium. Also it fits in with Asoka's Tabya which looks like a little pyramid.

Yes, it is, but I have currently no time for updating it. I will try, but no promise. I must finish few other projects (non-civ) before.

Is there a quick fix on our end to make it compatible? Like maybe just removing the natural wonders first till you can update?

@adan_eslavo I love this mod but in the ancient era it bothers me hugely that The Pyramids and Karnak are available in the same tech branch so I moved The Pyramids to Masonry and actually have been able to build both. Would this be something you'd consider incorporating into the mod? I'll probably just edit the code myself every time a new version comes out but it would be nice if it was already edited in another mod lol.

Synergistically, you'd be surprised how well the wonder works from Masonry. Not only does it make sense historically as it is a masonry building but the free settler works really well with Authority when you get the free settler on Imperium. Also it fits in with Asoka's Tabya which looks like a little pyramid.
Sorry, but I don't want to move Pyrmids so much to Classical Era. One reason is that it is VP WW and I want to touch them as delicately as possible. Second is real time when Pyramids were built, which doesn't fit the Classical Era at all.

Is there a quick fix on our end to make it compatible? Like maybe just removing the natural wonders first till you can update?
Check the file I updated. It's from latest VP build 1.4.6. There were massive code changes, but I ran the game and there were no errors so far, so please, let me know if something happens, ok? I mean, this file changes stuff related to Great Barrier Reef, Bermuda Triangle, Salar de Uyuni and Giant's Causeway.

Attachments

• AssignStartingPlots.zip
    109 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I remind you all that there is still active poll in this thread. I urge you to vote or even change your vote, because there were added some new suggestions.

Sorry, but I don't want to move Pyrmids so much to Classical Era. One reason is that it is VP WW and I want to touch them as delicately as possible. Second is real time when Pyramids were built, which doesn't fit the Classical Era at all.

Ugh I meant to write Construction! Which of course isn't the classical era. Sorry about that! I got confused because changing it in the code isn't a straight forward swap to construction, you've to change it to masonry but it's essentially Construction where it ends up being.

Last edited:
Ugh I meant to write Construction! Which of course isn't the classical era. Sorry about that! I got confused because changing it in the code isn't a straight forward swap to construction, you've to change it to masonry but it's essentially Construction where it ends up being.
I must think about that :)

How many votes Old Bridge in Mostar gives?
Seems in my game - large, epic it gives 6 votes which seems too much. Kamehameha has no other WW that gives extra votes, Buddhas of Bamyan gives for DoF.
8930_20220312234953_1.png 8930_20220312234936_1.png

Top Bottom