Poll: whats the most usless wonder.

Eukaryote

Deity
Hello I have decided to hold a poll to see what people think the worst wonder is. I have narrowed it down to two Wonders that I think are exeptionally a big waste of your time. The Manhatten Project and the Colussus. Surly you know how much they suck but in case you forgot why here is an explaination.

The Colusses: This wonder costs you 200 early shields to give you only one extra gold pieace in every city that's already producing at least one in only ONE city. So you will get at max 20 gold a turn for this thing :( , and only up to six :( until the city gets and aquduct and only up to 12 :( until it gets a hospital! And you won't get any once you discover flight. And to top this ripoff off, if you want to build it you will have to do it while your SUPPOSED :mad: to be building your settlers. Talk about not worth it!

The Mannhatten Project: This wonder allows EVERYBODY to build nukes :confused: . It gives you and all your enimes a gift. The gift to blow stuff up. But the ability to use nukes is worth nothing unless you actully do use them. And we all know using them has incredible consequnses. Really nukes arn't a big gift anyway cosidering this. Plus if you don't build it someone else probably will and if you wait for that you won't have to waste all that time building it.

Current score
The Colusses:0
The Manhatten Project:8

Note I am running this vote manually. Mainly because I don't know how to make a poll. Hehe.
Let your voice be heard and vote :D

I agree with madviking, it has to be manhattan.

Manhattan Project definitely the worst. If nothing else, at least an early Colossus will you you a lot of culture over time.

Of the two choices, MP is the worst to spend time building...let some other sucker build it.

But I still feel Longetivity is the most useless wonder to the majority of Human players (unless you anticipate strating a Nuke war)...only those using Fascism seem to really benefit, otherwise it can be a real pain, even a harm.

Well some people uses nukes to win the game. MP can be useful, after all.
What I really consider a waste of shields is the Longevity. You can build it only on modern age, when almost all of you cities have reached their maximum size, and makes the "odd food production" problem even worse.

(BTW, the "odd food production" is when a city produces an odd number of food, and this leads to alternate periods of surplus and starvation - it really kills me! The solution is usually not to make railroads on one of the city squares, or producing a worker when the city is about to grow.)

How many games even HAVE longevity built, anyway. In my games, by the time someone even thinks about building longevity, I've usually blasted off to Centauri.

Manhatten Project, and as DBear said, Longevity(and Cure for Cancer). I have never actually built those two, and they have never been built in one of my games.

Large Wonder: Manhattan Project
Small Wonder: Secret Police - Who in god's name would need a second forbidden palace?!

Xia said:
Large Wonder: Manhattan Project
Small Wonder: Secret Police - Who in god's name would need a second forbidden palace?!

I like, no, love, communism in C3C, and would definitely like to build SPHQ ASAP. Any anti-corruption building is good, and SPHQ only costs 200 shields.

Nah, Cure for Cancer has some use in causing happiness. Most of your cities are already maxed out by the time Longevity comes. But as I said, I'm generally off to Centauri by then.

Colossus the worst wonder? I put it on top 3 AA wonders... pyramid, colossus, and GL... On higher difficulties, those 3cpt / 200 early shield could be reach before AI. It's not only 1gpt/tiles worked.. this city become a powerfull house with market/bank/courthouse (minimum..) Talk about library/university/copernic/newton if you manage too... On higher difficulties you could build Copernic + Shakespear relatively easily. Copernic + Newton is very hard. I actually never been able to do them both on deity/sid.. (sure i go for the Theater each times.. ;) )
All this couple with colossus.... hum greedy :)

Smith is very bad in certains situations, like tiny map, xCC..etc
Sun Tzu with a building game, you save only 1 gold/cities producing units or near borders. Not saying anything about archipels... But it's powerfull when you conquest on pangea.
Lot of wonders sucks on archipel.
Lighthouse on pangea?
Hallicarnasse sucks every game else OCC (if you have more than one city you need anyways sliders/luxuries..) and OCC, else 20k one, needs those early shields for GL and, say with me, Colossus :)

With my play style, the worst I could build is Hallicarnasse... You don't research Philo for the wonder, do you? ;)

Longevity is a hot candidate for me. Double growth when the game is nearly (or already) over. The result is usually instant starvation.

GL :D.
No, really. All it does is slow the tech pace and puts me in a very awkward position when I get Edu.

Longevity. So much so that in my custom mod I moved a bit earlier so that it was actually useful.

Top Bottom