[R&F] Poll: which are the last 3 R&F civs?

Which are the last three expansion civs to be revealed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interestingly, Pope Francis is in Chile right now, with plans to visit and talk with the Mapuche people tomorrow about their struggles.

Interestingly, Pope Francis is in Chile right now, with plans to visit and talk with the Mapuche people tomorrow about their struggles.
That is great. Firaxis made a great decision to showcase the struggles of the Cree and the Mapuche.

It would be great for Chile to recognize Lautaro as a Chilean hero.

Why are we thinking Mapuche over Inca? Just from that little leader thumbnail?

And I do hope they recognize that my ancestor the Bruce >>> Wallace for Scotland. On pins and needles now.
The new color scheme was different shades of blue similar to the flags of Chile and Argentina, where the Mapuche are from.
I would rather Robert the Bruce as well for a leader.

Well it'll be a real coup if the Mapuche let them use their language.

That is great. Firaxis made a great decision to showcase the struggles of the Cree and the Mapuche.

It would be great for Chile to recognize Lautaro as a Chilean hero.

They do. They refer to him as the First Chilean General. :)

Why are we thinking Mapuche over Inca? Just from that little leader thumbnail?

The little leader thumbnail has more similarities with a mapuche chieftain.

The new color scheme was different shades of blue similar to the flags of Chile and Argentina, where the Mapuche are from.

The color similarities are an additionally clue for the mapuche.

And finally the mapuche are totally new in civ, which was one of the selection criteria by firaxis.

After today's revelations I come to the conclusion that the Chinese leak was actually true and the former blurry leader doesn't seem Inca to me either, now we can see him more clearer.
So from my earlier predictions Italy, the Inca and the Ottomans are out and the Mapuche, Scotland and (sigh) the Zulu are in.
Oh well I still will enjoy the expansion enormously, for at least the Netherlands made it in :love:.
Still I really hope for a new round of DLC's now because there are still a lot of "staple" civs missing (more than can fit in a second expansion).

Inca are basically out. It's the Mapuche (not sure I spelled that right), which is a South American civ from near Argentina

Oh nice, I did not follow the discussion on the leader image and just assumed it was the Incas. Nice to see something new. I guess this means no Argentina in the future.

After today's revelations I come to the conclusion that the Chinese leak was actually true and the former blurry leader doesn't seem Inca to me either, now we can see him more clearer.
So from my earlier predictions Italy, the Inca and the Ottomans are out and the Mapuche, Scotland and (sigh) the Zulu are in.
Oh well I still will enjoy the expansion enormously, for at least the Netherlands made it in :love:.
Still I really hope for a new round of DLC's now because there are still a lot of "staple" civs missing (more than can fit in a second expansion).

Agreed, I LOVE all the new civs we're getting but I still hope to see old civs at some point.

I intend to buy wine and drink heavily tonight because the Inca are out, which saddens me, but which I'm mostly ok with because the Mapuche seem kind of cool (and I'm kind of loving the story of their leader), but Mel Gibson of the Highlanders (who will, of course, inform me that there can be only one when he declares a formal war on me) is a disaster, especially since it confirms that Shtereotypea Zulu is back.

Please for the love of everything holy Firaxis, please do post-RF dlc.

1. Inca - We know it, we want it, we love it, we deserve it.
  2. Zulu - Hedging my bets that the leak is valid - although I would prefer Mali here. It's gotta be Africa though.
  3. Ottoman - My guess is still that it is Ottoman, just on sheer impact, but my doubts keep growing. However if it's not, then I'm pretty sure this slot falls to someone in Europe (Italy, Celts/Scots, Sweden, ???). Ottomans would easily make a good DLC or anchor Civ for XP2.
Zulu (which i had already picked when this poll opened, but now seems even more likley)
but I am also switching my other votes to
Mapuche (based on leaderhead image in today's video) as the South American representative over Inca
Scots (based on Zulu leak, but now backed up on art asset reveal) over Ottoman, confirming the doubts that had been creeping in.

Mapuche under Lautaro, Scotland under William Wallace, and the Zulu under Shaka are all interesting in that the leaders were involved in struggles against oppressors; Spain, England, and the British (English on steroids), respectively.

Maybe he can ask the Mapuche to forgive Firaxis for not consulting with them about Lautaro. :mischief:

Well it'll be a real coup if the Mapuche let them use their language.
As long as it's not written, they're cool with it. :p

Top Bottom