Poor, poor rapists... WTF!?

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Cheetah, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

I doubt it. Jocks like them never change.

2. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

I've had this conversation before, only now you all are playing the part of GW advocating for capital punishment. That's fine and understandable. Rage, especially damned justified rage, makes us simple and stupid. I've not seen one excuse for rape here. I've not seen one laud to the glory of football and it's transcendent impact on society. These accusations are borne of a sentiment that reeks of "you either agree with me or you think rape is fine." Or something like that. You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

3. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Eh? Nah, man, I was just saying they're not ever going to be intellectuals.

4. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Probably not, but I've read some really amazing hand written court filings from convicted felons who actually used their incarceration time to do something worthwhile. I'm too cynical to expect this, but I'm not cynical enough not to hope for it.

5. aelf

aelf Ashen One

You know, very few people with unsavoury beliefs actually come out and say as much. You don't tend to get many male chauvinists saying that rape is justified, for example. However, you can probably bet that a lot of them would sympathise with rapists such as these and say as much as they can get away with to make light of their crimes. That's why any inappropriate outpourings of sympathy are suspicious.

I feel like conservatives always don't get this, somehow. Just because people's unsavoury beliefs are not out in the open doesn't mean they don't exist.

6. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

Ah I see. Well that is certainly neat and tidy. Say or do something that can be construed as inappropriate and not only are you merely inappropriate, but you are a dirty park-dwelling conservative just waiting for your chances to pounce on a jogger?

7. aelf

aelf Ashen One

See what I mean? And this level of defensiveness is also pretty suspicious. I didn't say that conservatives necessarily have unsavoury beliefs, just that when it comes to interpreting what people say, they can be crazily insistent on being literal when it comes to matters of prejudice or other similar issues.

8. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

I honestly don't see what you mean. The level of suspicion you seem to be carrying around makes no sense to me. I don't know how to classify it or try and determine where it starts or ends. I don't know if we're talking about the news story, conservatives, or "my" defensiveness - all of which would be different actors.

9. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

QFT. This sounds just like my own high school. In my high school some kids on the football team got busted for drugs after they graduated. They think they don't have to play by the rules of society and they can do literally whatever they want just because they are 'kings' (and the reason for that is they're on the football team). d

Just like the recent shootings have called for gun reform, I hope this calls for reform in the school system.

10. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Something like this would have been a criminal offense here in Canada. Why not in the U.S.?

Heck, sharing the names of the accused is a criminal offense in places like Holland.

The way it should be.

11. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

What excuse is there for rape. What could possibly justify and excuse it. There aren't many black and white things but rape is one of them. That you are going to reply and embarrass yourself trying to find wiggle room is a reflection of what kind of person you are

12. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I for one think the system too lenient. There was a story posted earlier by someone (I don't remember who) about a similar story, a rape done by minor boys against minor girls.

I say once they're in high school they're adults. I don't think we should let sexual abusers off easily just because they're technically under the age of 18. I've had a mental illness my entire life and I've never raped anyone, so people of the age 15-17 should be held accountable. I know technically they were punished but I'm advocating that the punishment was not as significant as it should be just because they were minors.

They were old enough to realize what they were doing, yet they did it anyway. The fact that most rapists are repeat offenders is what is truly disturbing. The sentence is way too light for them to change.

13. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

no, they should be castrated...:mischief:

14. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Sounds like projection to me.

15. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

There is none. Nothing can.

I'm at a loss. I type words that carry specific meanings and I think I know what they are. But apparently I don't actually speak this language as well as I thought because the responses make no sense.

16. Atticus

Atticus Deity Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Since the only discussion here seems to be result of misunderstandings of other people's posts and isn't very polite, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.