Possible fix for CTD when returning to Main Menu in BAT

And what would one with the CivIV Complete package do, seeing that the installer only allows you to install all expansions in one go?
I believe the complete version is pretty much patched, is it not? I think that you only have to patch BTS to 3.19. You might check in the tech forum for a more definitive answer.

Whatever the CTD problem was, it seems to have gone away when I did the 2.3 install, so I am a happy camper! At least, on that subject. Thanks!

Whatever the CTD problem was, it seems to have gone away when I did the 2.3 install, so I am a happy camper! At least, on that subject. Thanks!
Wonderful. :D

I'm happy to hear that.

I suspect that what is happening is that the game hasn't de-initialized the active game while it's trying to load the new game, so it has 2 games in memory, which exceeds the 3gb limit and it crashes.
This doesn't seem correct to me because I can reproduce the CTD by launching BTS, loading a game and then go back to menu. At that point BTS uses ~650Mo of memory, I have 4Gb on Win7 x64. I also have the two dll you mention in the first post, latest BTS patch and BAT 2.3.

But overall that's not too bad, BAT is a great mod. Thanks for all your efforts :)

Report from the event manager, not too helpful I think but just in case.
Spoiler :

Nom de l’application défaillante Civ4BeyondSword.exe, version : 3.1.9.0, horodatage : 0x4a0c27e6
Nom du module défaillant : Civ4BeyondSword.exe, version : 3.1.9.0, horodatage : 0x4a0c27e6
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0027f854
ID du processus défaillant : 0x298
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01cb261ef0cbf2be
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
ID de rapport : 5ce933ab-9212-11df-ae4a-e0cb4e34dbac

This doesn't seem correct to me because I can reproduce the CTD by launching BTS, loading a game and then go back to menu. At that point BTS uses ~650Mo of memory, I have 4Gb on Win7 x64. I also have the two dll you mention in the first post, latest BTS patch and BAT 2.3.

But overall that's not too bad, BAT is a great mod. Thanks for all your efforts :)
You're welcome. :)

The CTD isn't confined to just BAT. I've had both RoM and LoR do it for me on my laptop, though never with my main machine. I've never had it happen with BAT, but I'm sure it will eventually. Given the problems that people have with just vanilla BTS doing strange things at times, it may just be an idiosyncrasy of BTS itself.

I'm with Afforess on this one. It's the most plausible explanation I've seen so far.

I have had this happen twice now with BUG + BULL. But it also happened with MongooseMod which doesn't use either. I too suspect it's just BTS weirdness. :(

I have had this happen twice now with BUG + BULL. But it also happened with MongooseMod which doesn't use either. I too suspect it's just BTS weirdness. :(
Yup. I can't screw up everything I touch. :lol:

hi LM, i fix this problem by changing audio option in audio speaker with "use system config". i hope it can help.:)

hi LM, i fix this problem by changing audio option in audio speaker with "use system config". i hope it can help.:)

Cool beans, I will try this.

For me this whole CTD happens I would say 9 out of 10 times. I had a string of three successful exits to main menu. It's so frustrating really.

I use that setting exclusively! Wow! I'm going to try to set it to something else this weekend and see if I can blow things up! :D

Top Bottom