Possible Old Mod Reuploads

Moderator Action: I've started restoring the links on the scenario threads to the re-uploaded versions that @Virote_Considon has posted, as suggested by @The_J. It will probably take a few days to catch up with the re-uploads; I'll post the progress here and make another post when I'm fully caught-up.

- No action for The Crimean War; the original links are still working

Links checked/restored (in order of first re-upload to most recent):

These were not necessarily available before Virote_Considon started this thread, add them to your collection today!

- Fixed link for Going Viking 2.
- Fixed link for Shogun - Civil War, and verified that it includes the update
- Fixed link for Napoleonic Wars, fixed a couple XenForo formatting issues, and let users asking for it know that it's now available. Now pointing to version 1.03!
- Fixed both thread and Downloads Database links for Camelot! v.2
- Fixed link for Guerra del Paraguay 1864-1870, restored 11 of the 12 images in the first post (one remains missing), and compared the two re-uploaded versions, posting a notice about which one appears to be the updated and which is the original.
- Fixed link for Guerra Pacifico 1879-1884 and restored 10 of the 13 images in the first post (three remain missing), and notified a user looking for it
- Fixed link for Edad De La Exploracion 1490-1900.
- Fixed link for TianXia (China Warring States) Scenario BETA.
- Fixed link for The French & Indian Wars aka The Last of the Mohicans (FIW) and notified one user hoping to play it.
- Fixed link for The Boer War (TBW).
- Fixed link for Modern Northeast Asia.
- Fixed link for Anno Domini Classic, and restored title image
- Fixed link for Anno Domini Different Dawn.
- Fixed link for The Vietnam War Deluxe (1965-1975)
- Fixed link for HistoriCanada, fixed a lot of XenForo formatting issues, and restored one image in the first post.
- Fixed link for Alexander, fixed two XenForo formatting issues, and fixed two images in the first post.

Total restored scenarios: 16

Not restored:

- Anno Domini Demo, as the first post indicates it was discontinued intentionally

Todo:

- Re-upload preview images for Anno Domini Classic

HTTPS-ized links:

These scenarios/mods were available, but only via HTTP, and thus wouldn't work easily in Chrome or Chrome-based browsers.

- HTTPS-ized the link for Twillight of Byzantium (so it works in Chrome/Edge/Vivaldi/etc.), fixed XenForo migration formatting issue, and restored first post images lost in the upload system hack of 2008
- HTTPS-ized the link for Iran-Iraq War

Total HTTPS-ized links: 2

First-Post Links Restored Outside this Thread

For these threads, there were links, but they were near the end of the thread. Now they're easy to find in the first post again.

- Restored link for WW2-Global to the civforum.de link. Thanks Civinator!
- Restored link for Conquests of Might and Magic III. This is the original, not the new, version of the COMM3 mod. Thanks Node60!
- Restored link for Heretic_Cata's All in One Mod - Expansion. Thanks Node60!
- Restored link for Final Fantasy 7 Mod. Thanks Blake00 and someone on a German civ forum!
- Restored link for The Great Lost Civilizations. Thanks Node60!
- Restored link for Dragonia Mod. Thanks tjs282!
- Restored BIQ link in Downloads Database for The Great War. Thanks 4mopdai!

Total restored links from outside this thread: 6

First-Post Restored to Better than Original

These include patches that used to be separate downloads, or otherwise make the process of playing the scenario easier than back in the day.

- Added the 7z version of CoMM3 Epic to the first post (this includes the PediaIcons patch and is a more compressed, CFC-hosted download). Thanks Blake00!
- Fixed link in first post of Age of Colonization to the GUI patch (and not-broken) one uploaded by Rathvilly. Thanks to Rathvilly and Blake00!

Total patches-integrated links: 2

Restored by their authors/other forum members

Total restored by original authors or other forum members:

- Anno Domini (the original) by Rob (R8XFT)
- Hegemon! Of the Ancient Greek World by Rambuchan (thanks Takhisis!)

Total restored scenarios: 2

Thread Repair

The links to download were still working for these threads, but XenForo formatting issues have been fixed, or images restored.

- Restored one image for July 1914: On the Eve of the Great War. The others are still missing

---

Where possible, I'll also try to fix the following two types of issues that affect thread presentation:

- Images uploaded to the first post, showing off the scenario, that link at no-longer-existing sites, such as ImageShack. Some of these were archived by the Internet Archive, and can thus be restored.
- Formatting issues introduced by the XenForo migration. Mostly these revolve around quotation marks, but sometimes ampersands.

(Will be updated...)

Last edited:
- Fixed link for Napoleonic Wars, fixed a couple XenForo formatting issues, and let users asking for it know that it's now available. Version 1.03 is still missing, if you have it reply to the thread!

Here we go mate.. using the trick I posted elsewhere on locating lost Atomic downloads I've managed to locate the file!

According to the web archive copy of the download page the file name was Napoleonic Wars.zip , it was around 365.5 MB, and it was uploaded on 23/10/2009:
https://web.archive.org/web/2015072...omicgamer.com/files/81740/napoleonic-wars-zip

I then went to the Atomic gamer backup collection at archive org and used the backwards date of 091023 and up came the backup for that day:
https://archive.org/details/AtomicGamer_091023

I then used their online view contents option to see inside the archive and can see a number of people did uploads that day, the original dead link above had a download code of 81740 and sure enough I can see a user upload 81740 file there around the similar size at 385MB (I've noticed the true size is always a wee bit bigger than what the atomic frontend website said).
https://archive.org/download/AtomicGamer_091023/AtomicGamer_091023.tar/091023/userUploaded.81740

So all you gotta do is click that link to download that file, rename to Napoleonic Wars.zip, and you'll be able to look inside and check if it's 1.03 as this was his original upload!

Maybe it can get a job and earn its keep at last!
The true test is to see whether it can purchase alcohol without being asked for personal ID.
I have an ancient, ropey, external disk with some Civ Content. It's a fair old mix of everything.

I will upload it somewhere and post the link for the salvage teams to comb over.

In the meantime I've dumped the contents to text file in case someone wants to scan through it for any lost treasure.
Did I just see you upload a 4.2 MB .txt file?

I'm now pretty much caught up with @Virote_Considon 's re-uploads. Thanks again for starting this initiative! A couple follow-up todo's are noted above, but 15 scenarios have had their links restored, and in several cases additional restoration work to restore first posts to their former glory, or close to it.

At this point I think there are several directions to choose between:

- Going deeper into Virote_Considon's collection, and restoring more of it. This might start with cataloging what's done, versus what remains. So far, this has been a rich vein for restoring older scenarios.
- Looking into KingArthur's list. I've excerpted what I believe to be the scenario list below, but there are also units, and a lot of items in general. The 4.2 MB is because it's a very comprehensive listing (including sub-folders, etc.), so it might not be everything ever uploaded to CFC, but I'd be surprised if there aren't some lost treasures in the list.
- Reviewing similar threads posted over the past 2-3 years, of which there are a few, started by members such as Ozymandias and Thunderfall, and re-uploading scenarios from there. Maybe also the Re-Upload Requests thread. Basically making sure the t's got crossed and the i's got dotted. This could also involve looking at the scenarios that have been bumped over the past 5 years, and restoring links from there as necessary; notably I know Node60 has re-uploaded a considerable amount that is linked via posts near the ends of threads (but sometimes falling off the last page when more posts are made, or not spotted by users who only look at the first page).
- Making secondary links as @Blake00 has done for Civ2 scenarios. This would be insurance against MediaFire going down some day. IIRC, this has involved having secondary links on the Internet Archive, and (where the file size is reasonable) at CivFanatics.
- Coming up with a more comprehensive list of what's available versus what is missing, so it's easier for members to search for what they may have locally. I made a start at an effort in this direction locally when I was creating my Scenario DVD, but it never got much beyond the most popular page or two of scenarios.

If it's okay with Virote_Considon, I propose continuing this thread for now, and possibly spinning off secondary threads as appropriate. "Possible Old Mod Reuploads" still seems like a good mission statement for the effort.

The excerpt from KingArthur's list, which I believe corresponds to his scenario archive (possibly not including "Modpacks", which are stored separately in the Downloads Database and forums):

Spoiler :

+---Civ3 Scenarios
| | Alien_Earth_1_of_3.zip
| | Alien_Earth_2_of_3.zip
| | Alien_Earth_3_of_3.zip
| | Arthur1.2.zip
| | BfNY BETA release v0.6.zip
| | BfNY.rar
| | CivComplete.bik
| | Dark Age Battle of Britain.biq
| | DarkAgeBOB.zip
| | DesertMountain1.5.zip
| | EIF.zip
| | Fall-Mod-Ver-1.13.rar
| | fallmodv4-part1.zip
| | fallmodv4-part2.zip
| | FallMusic.zip
| | FFBIQ.rar
| | FinalFantasy.rar
| | GV4.zip
| | LOTR 0.92.zip
| | ringorbital_scenario.zip
| | SG1b.zip
| | TA.zip
| | TBftHB.zip
| | TW.zip
| | Ultima X Conquest.zip
| | WNA.zip
| | Conquest of Middle Earth.biq
| | NewYorkMV_v1.biq
| | With Plague.biq
| | ! AOP 01 Wild Frontier.biq
| | ! AOP 02 Bloody Seas.biq
| | ! AOP 03 Tournament.biq
| | ! AOP 04 Ultimate Sea Empire.biq
| | ! AOP 05 Ultimate Land Empire.biq
| | 1 MP Mesopotamia.biq
| | 01_le Nouveau Monde_Can1.biq
| | 01-The New World_Can1.biq
| | 2 MP Rise of Rome.biq
| | 3 MP Fall of Rome.biq
| | 4 MP Middle Ages.biq
| | 5 MP Mesoamerica.biq
| | 6 MP Age of Discovery.biq
| | 7 MP Sengoku - Sword of the Shogun.biq
| | 8 MP Napoleonic Europe.biq
| | 9 MP WWII in the Pacific.biq
| | Alexander's Conquests v 1 02.biq
| | AoI4.0-31civs-FULL.biq
| | apny.biq
| | apoc.biq
| | Battle of Britain.biq
| | BfNY BETA release v0.6.biq
| | BfNYtest.biq
| | bmw.biq
| | Cheaper Upgrades.biq
| | D&D-Mystara.biq
| | Dune.biq
| | Dune Concept Tester.biq
| | Empire in Flames.bix
| | Escape From Medieval Zombie Island.biq
| | Escape From Zombie Island 2 Complete.biq
| | Escape From Zombie Island 2.biq
| | Fallout.biq
| | Jurassic Park.biq
| | Lord of the Mods 1.13.biq
| | Lost Worlds.biq
| | Lost Worlds - Copy.biq
| | Lost Worlds readme.txt
| | LotM1.13 Era 2 Quickstart.biq
| | LotM1.13 Era 3 Quickstart.biq
| | LotM1.13 Era 4 Quickstart.biq
| | Magnamund C3C.biq
| | Master of Myrror.biq
| | MEM.biq
| | MEM 11c Conquest.biq
| | MEM 13c Conquest.biq
| | MEM - Britain.zip
| | MEM Europe (Large).biq
| | MEM Europe (Small).biq
| | MEM Western Europe.biq
| | MidgardLargeMap.biq
| | MidgardRandomMap.biq
| | MidgardSmallMap.biq
| | MPFastCiv3Conquests.biq
| | MPTournament.biq
| | Nemesis.biq
| | No Civ Traits.biq
| | No Unique Units.biq
| | Paradiso.biq
| | Quick Civ.biq
| | ReadMe.txt
| | Rood.biq
| | Space Opera.biq
| | Star Wars; Galactic Civil War.biq
| | Starmap Terrain.biq
| | Steampunk.biq
| | Super Civ.zip
| | Super Civ 0.2.biq
| | Super Civ 0.3.biq
| | Super Civ - Copy.biq
| | TCWFifties.biq
| | The Super Hero Scenario.biq
| | The War of the Ring - Arnor.biq
| | The War of the Ring - Gondor.biq
| | The War of the Ring - Other.biq
| | The War of the Ring - The Shire.biq
| | Ultima X Conquest.biq
| | Under The Hammer.biq
| | Vikings.biq
| | Warlords of North America.bix
| | WH2.5.biq
| | Steampunk Earth Conquest.biq
| | Pirates! Yarr!.zip
| | Pirates! Yarr!.rar
| | Middle Earth.biq
| | The Vikings.biq
| | MEM - Britain.biq
| | Lone Wolf.biq
| | Alien Earth.txt
| | Alien Earth.bic
| | Britannia.biq
| | Steampunk World0.xlsx
| | Steampunk World.biq
| | Steampunk Random Worlds.biq
| | Steampunk Earth.biq
| | Steampunk Worlds.biq
| | XCOM_AdvancedInvasion_C3C.biq
| | XCOM_Alliance_C3C.biq
| | XCOM_Invasion_C3C.biq
| | X-Com_the_triumph_of_humanity.biq
| | It is a time of civility and a time of brutality.docx
| | debugLog.txt
| | mapmakerConfig.xml
| | Adventures In Random Space.biq
| | Lost Worlds.zip
| | Super Civ.biq
| | Adventures In Random Space.7z
| | Desert-Mountain.zip
| | xcomc3c.7z

- Making secondary links as @Blake00 has done for Civ2 scenarios. This would be insurance against MediaFire going down some day. IIRC, this has involved having secondary links on the Internet Archive, and (where the file size is reasonable) at CivFanatics.

Good work! I was eventually going to do some triple redundancy (CFC, ModDB, ArchiveOrg) mod preservation work for Civ3 similar to what I did for Civ2 but I'm gonna be stuck in Civ2 land for ages still, so it's great to see you talking about doing something similar for Civ3 now. I've come a cross a few dead mediafire downloads over the years so yeah I think they time out eventually if the uploader goes inactive. Whereas with ModDB and ArchiveOrg those sites have been around for decades and their downloads seem to last (regardless of uploader going MIA) and they support huge files. My Civ2 preservation project thread OP has expandable (spoiler tags) step by step upload guides for both ModDB and ArchiveOrg if you haven't done much with them yet and need to see how it's done. :)
What I like about ModDB and ArchiveOrg is that they both support you uploading a nice picture for the mod too, and people can also comment on both pages too. Eg here's examples of some Civ3 rescues I've uploaded to both sites.. on ArchiveOrg the picture sits at the top and on ModDB the picture sits on the bottom. Both have comment sections at the bottom.
https://archive.org/details/star-trek-civ3-mod-v0.9.0-beta
https://www.moddb.com/mods/master-of-myrror/downloads/master-of-myrror-i-20-final-release
(note: in the case of MoM I got Drift's permission to make a full ModDB project tribute page with pics and vids etc, however when I don't have permission I just use the simple generic ModDB Civ3 files area that supports 1 picture & comments still).

Oh and I should mention that you've probably seen I've rescued 25 or so Civ3 scenarios over the previous years which are all currently sitting on the CFC FTP (I'll PM you the list). Now that I've got mod access I was going to update the scenario thread and download pages for each of them similar to what you're doing but with the FTP links, however it sounds like the whole site storage and FTP thing is going to change when the site overhaul happens soon so I figured there's no point in me changing all the download links to something that's just going to break again in a few weeks so I'm holding off on them. However Once that's sorted I'll see about fixing those links which will save you having to sort them out. :)

And lastly I should mention @unartis has a nice Civ3 collection and sent me a bunch of files the others. He's a nice bloke and is happy to help our preservation efforts so keep him in mind. PaGe over on the German civforum.de site has a biiiig Civ3 collection and has helped me in the past too (he was the one who helped me rescue Drift's lost MoM betas!) so he's another one.. and you've already mentioned @Node60 who's another great collector and preserver of Civ3 content too.

Last edited:
I have that Star Trek scenario including several biqs for it with up to 31 civs since many years on my pc. If something is missing in your source, I will try to help.

Star Trek1.jpg

Star Trek2.jpg

The Debug biqs I made myself.

I have that Star Trek scenario including several biqs for it with up to 31 civs since many years on my pc. If something is missing in your source, I will try to help.

View attachment 634106

View attachment 634108

The Debug biqs I made myself.

Cheers mate.. should be all good as the copy I uploaded was made from the original Atomic upload that Logitech did. Everything appears to match your screens except that the readmes are in a different folder and the extra maps as they came with Falmand's original Star Trek v0.8.4 mod (which is still thankfully safely hosted on CFC) and for whatever reason Logitech didn't include them in his updated 0.9.0 version. I've never tried to test the 0.8.4 extra maps with 0.9.0.. do they work okay?

I should also mention I've finally got the big missing giant music and sound effects addon that Logitech put separately at Atomic and no one seemed to have it. I've recompressed it down to shave off a few hundred MBs and put it on the ArchiveOrg page too.
https://archive.org/download/star-trek-civ3-mod-v0.9.0-beta/StarTrek_v0.9.0Sounds.7z

I've never tried to test the 0.8.4 extra maps with 0.9.0.. do they work okay?

As far as I remember, those maps worked as o.k. as the 0.9. map.

II should also mention I've finally got the big missing giant music and sound effects addon that Logitech put separately at Atomic and no one seemed to have it. I've recompressed it down to shave off a few hundred MBs and put it on the ArchiveOrg page too.
https://archive.org/download/star-trek-civ3-mod-v0.9.0-beta/StarTrek_v0.9.0Sounds.7z

That´s great. :)

@KingArthur - Are you able to re-upload Battlefield New York (BETA) (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/battlefield-new-york-beta-testing-discussion.185458/)? I just heard from Blake00 that is is missing from the AtomicGamer backups, but it appears on your list.

MediaFire gives 10 GB for each account, so if you are in doubt about where to host it, that would be my go-to recommendation. There is some hope that we may be able to host more mods at CFC someday, but for now the migration is still item #1, and I'd prefer to get a second copy on a second hard drive somewhere as soon as possible, especially given the "ancient, ropey" description of the disk :). Let us know if there's anything we can do to aid making a general backup, too. Send you a flash drive or SD card in the mail, clear up some space on my personal server to upload it to until we find a more permanent solution... my trust of ropey hard drives is not very high.

CC @WildWeazel , the author of that mod, who may or may not still have a local copy as well.

That looks suspiciously like the Escape from Zombie Island games…

That looks suspiciously like the Escape from Zombie Island games…
If it's the zip file with the bic inside, then that one is EdO'Wars original scenario made for Civ 3. I don't believe I have any working copies of my early development of the scenario since it was updated many times before being superseded by Vuldacon's versions.

Hey Virote, could you please re-ipload imperators "European Wars" mod? Thanks a lot!

Hey Virote, could you please re-ipload imperators "European Wars" mod? Thanks a lot!

Done, but as I said it's a very early version by the looks of it.

Top Bottom