Post Patch Snag List

TM Moot

King
Couldn't see a thread for snags, so here goes...

HEX DISPLAY

Whenever I display hexes, either in map or strategic mode, I can't turn them off afterwards. Not a huge issue, but somewhat annoying none the less. (I know the soultion is not to display hexes in the first place, but that's not the point!).

I didn't know that, so now I must immediately try this....and getting annoyed as you are! :)

brb

I finished the liberty tree with The Oracle and got 2 free great people of my choice, playing as Arabia/Epic. Is that normal or bugged?

Couldn't see a thread for snags, so here goes...

HEX DISPLAY

Whenever I display hexes, either in map or strategic mode, I can't turn them off afterwards. Not a huge issue, but somewhat annoying none the less. (I know the soultion is not to display hexes in the first place, but that's not the point!).

I started a new game, Ctrl-G works fine in both strat and map mode, I can even toggle them through there, no problems for me.

Loaded an old game, same there, no problems to report and I can't get annoyed with that.

Can't think of a reason your game would behave like this. :confused:

Maybe you got another "natural" great person of the same kind in the same turn, just by coincidence?

No I could choose both. It shouldn't happen like that should it if its a natural GP. Maybe something happened I didn't realise. Well if it is a real bug I'm sure others will notice it. I wasn't paying that much attention so maybe I got one from another source somehow.

No I could choose both. It shouldn't happen like that should it if its a natural GP. Maybe something happened I didn't realise. Well if it is a real bug I'm sure others will notice it. I wasn't paying that much attention so maybe I got one from another source somehow.

Well then it seems to be a bug, but strange nobody else realised it, as a second great person may have a significant effect on the game (two rushed wonders, two techs, ...). Maybe it´s only when you play the arabs? Then I would propose to call it the "bazaar-effect on liberty tree":D

Other possibility:
Is there maybe an early wonder generating a GP of your choice now?

Huh, why use CTRL? You only need to push G.

Old habits die slowly.

Now you make me try G. :mad:

a minute later:
Damn, you're right, thank you! :goodjob:

Didn't know that. Thank you again, I don't need to find that ctrl-key in the dark anymore!

One for the oracle and one for Liberty Tree finisher, in combination with finnishing the alloted amount of culture for a Social Policy! Maybe?

EDIT - I think I need a cup of coffee to wake up, sorry for my idiocy. Yeah, it does seem strange, very funny Sir Lunchalot LOL.

But the Oracle gives you a free social policy not a free GP, or did they change this? In the patch notes there´s nothing about it...

@gozpel: Or the bizarre bazaar-effect :crazyeye:

But the Oracle gives you a free social policy not a free GP, or did they change this? In the patch notes there´s nothing about it...

@gozpel: Or the bizarre bazaar-effect :crazyeye:

If that is true, we can see another patch coming. :lol:

I don't have time to check out the Arabs tonight, I will tomorrow, if noone has found if this is true or false.

Timing Oracle with Liberty wouldn't be a big struggle on settler.....

One for the oracle and one for Liberty Tree finisher, in combination with finnishing the alloted amount of culture for a Social Policy! Maybe?

Actually those 3 things did happen kind of at the same time. It was confusing and I don't remember exactly but it went something like this.

I got the oracle and chose the last policy in liberty which gives something like -10% cost of future policys IIRC. (I didn't memorise them yet)

At this point my culture was something like 650/680 so I thought "Oh cool I will slingshot to a new policy as it will now go to something like 650/630". But I didn't get to pick a new policy, the free one was counted like a normal earned one and it went up to 650/800. Then I got to choose a free GP. I did. Then the dialogue box didnt close and I had to pick a new one, I thought it had crashed on that screen. I opened tradition a couple of turns later from normal culture gains.

A lot of things happened on that turn. Maybe it won't be repeated often or maybe its a new feature for those who want to micro a lot of things to happen on the same turn :crazyeye:

Or Oracle gives a GP, or its a hidden Arabia UA. I remember in Civ3 you used to get random GP if you built a wonder specific to your civ before certain eras etc.

I started a new game, Ctrl-G works fine in both strat and map mode, I can even toggle them through there, no problems for me.

Haven't tried the shortcut (Ctrl-G or G;)), I'm more of a clickymouse person.

It certainly doesn't work for me when selecting the Hex display option in the little palette at the bottom of the main screen. But will try the shortcut later.

Do you have an auto-save from a few turns before that incident? Then you could try to reproduce it and figure out where that extra GP came from. If there is no plausible answer to that question, then it´s obviously a bug...

Do you have an auto-save from a few turns before that incident? Then you could try to reproduce it and figure out where that extra GP came from. If there is no plausible answer to that question, then it´s obviously a bug...

I think I saved it a few turns before. I will check. Also I am confused because which policy is it in Liberty which gives -10% cost on future policies. Is there such a policy or did I imagine that bit. I was playing on autopilot and I can't find an up to date list of policies now.

EDIT I just checked the lists, I finished with representation which only reduces the cost for future cities so that shouldnt be a factor. So really it was only finishing Liberty with The Oracle as Arabia that are factors. I will check the saves to see if anything else happened.

I repeated from an old save 15 turns previous and this time only got 1 free great person. I've also noticed multiple other 'random events'. Something is definitely buggy in my game.

Heres some I can remember and I just met industrial age so about half a game and about 5-6 bugs. I got max 0-1 per game pre patch.

-2 free great people for liberty finisher
-Can't build Machu Pichu 2 tiles from a mountain even though it doesn't exist anywhere in the world (it popped up like 100 turns later for another civ). This is a bummer for Arabia.
-Can't build World Wonder (Louvre) in my capital - says only 1 may exist in the world. But then I can start it in another city no problem.
-Not getting favour with city state after clearing their camp for them (I did get the correct camp, then I cleared the whole island of other camps to make sure and no favour)
-couple of other minor building bugs

SUPER SENSITIVE MOUSE CLICKS
But the worst!! and actually mentally quite draining and stressful. My mouse went super sensitive and keeps double clicking. Makes it hard to do stuff and damn annoying, e.g. choose production-monument-clickclickclick- now you've just purchased a settler in 100 milliseconds. My finger is hurting from struggling to only get a single click off.

And it's a bit more laggy than before but I am willing to put that down to drivers, I wait until AMD catalyst update comes out before I worry. It's not a massive problem anyway.

I love the new balancing, I love Civ5 but this patch has brought random events back for me. Can I reinstall the patch somehow incase it was corrupted when I downloaded it? Please could anybody give advice on that. I'd liek to hear if any others had similar problems too.

-Can't build Machu Pichu 2 tiles from a mountain even though it doesn't exist anywhere in the world (it popped up like 100 turns later for another civ). This is a bummer for Arabia.
Was the mountain within your borders? I think it has to be, since the patch

SUPER SENSITIVE MOUSE CLICKS
But the worst!! and actually mentally quite draining and stressful. My mouse went super sensitive and keeps double clicking. Makes it hard to do stuff and damn annoying, e.g. choose production-monument-clickclickclick- now you've just purchased a settler in 100 milliseconds. My finger is hurting from struggling to only get a single click off.

I think this is a problem with your mouse, not the game. It happened to me, too, and my mouse would double click everywhere, but it's far more noticable in Civ than anywhere. I had a cheap pre-packaged mouse, and some of the wiring inside must've eventually gotten fritzed. Try using a different mouse and see if it still happens

Top Bottom