1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Post R+F DLC Requests

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Duuk, Jan 23, 2018.

?

Which DLCs would you like to see Post-R+f?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2018.
  1. Byzantines, Ottomans, and Fall of Constantinople Scenario

80.6%
  2. Isabella of Spain, Portugal, Inca, Maya, Terra map script, New World Scenario

67.7%
  3. Renaissance Italy Pack (Italian civ with 2-3 leaders, each with their own start city)

48.4%
  4. West African Pack (Mali / Ghana)

50.0%
  5. Sioux / Iroquois

22.6%
  6. Classical Era Pack (Babylon / Assyria)

56.5%
  7. Vietnam / Dai-Viet

35.5%
  8. Alternate Leader Packs - Existing Civs

56.5%
  9. Map Script Packs

22.6%
  10. Wonder Packs

24.2%
  11. Additional Resources

14.5%
  12. Scenarios (NO new civs or maps, just scenarios)

6.5%
  13. Unmentioned European Civ (Please name in your post)

17.7%
  14. Unmentioned Asian Civ (Please Name in your post)

12.9%
  15. Unmentioned Americas Civ (Please Name in your post)

12.9%
  16. Unmentioned Africa Civ (Please Name in your Post)

9.7%
  17. Unmentioned Other Civ (Please Name in your Post)

11.3%
  18. Other DLC

6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Duuk

Duuk 30 Year Noob Supporter

I think I may have erred by including Portugal in the New World pack.

2. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

Of course its a marketing move. From a business standpoint, a very smart move. Why give up the chance for extra sales that are almost guaranteed? Of course, our option is to not buy them now and wait until they go on sale.

3. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

The Cree controversy got me thinking - instead of straight Iroqouis/Sioux, I'd like to see something with a couple off Native/First Nation civs and a scenario/game mode that DOESN'T involve any colonial powers. I.e. what would a victory (religious, cultural, etc.) look like in that context, in a way that's not full Western-version-of-progress but is also not full new-age kumbaya version either. Granted, that's a bit of a big ask for a scenario though.

Inawordyes likes this.
  4. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Do a Native American civ pack with 3-4 and then a scenario of just them + Cree + Aztecs duking it out in North America + Upper Mexico. Get something like Iroquois/Cherokee/Salish/Navajo, and then you'd have Jigonhsasee/Dragging Canoe/Seattle/Barboncito for the leaders.

Is a small dream of mine and would be really interesting. Can also mix it up too by having the Sioux, Camanche, Haida, Powhatan, Inuit, etc. But basically just a bunch of Native American civs all in a single pack would be the best thing ever for me.

5. Gabhar

Gabhar Chieftain

In principle I'd like to see a Babylon/Assyria pack and a Carthage/Gaul pack but truth is I probably wouldn't buy them.

6. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

Well ofc we want Byzantines and ottomans and I see no other way as to release them as COUPLE :love: together. And fall/survive of constantinople scenario is a must have , I also hope that byzantium gets special OP walls to build that looks similar to original.

Alt. Leaders is really great idea. And something has to happen with the lack of Italy city-states maybe they can be released only with next expanssion with another special gameplay system so I wont bet on DLC for them then.

More great wonders is always welcome. Recources and map scripts for DLC sounds LAME , the only way to add those is with Civ DLC , or with expanssion , otherwise to small addtion for a DLC , dont really wanna pay 5 bucks for champagne DLC :rolleyes::mad:

Unmention EU civ I would like to see: Grand Duchy of Lithuania (could be alt. leader to Jadwiga , Polish-lithuanian commonwealth instead , or Balts as a whole ) ,Prussia , Finland , Soviets(Lenin) , Kievan Rus all these could easily fit for Northern Eu side DLC duo release , we kinda lack Civs in that region. Prussia civ + Napolean as alt France leader DLC sounds lovely. Finland civ + Soviets (alt Russia leader Lenin) DLC.

When we get Ottomans , Austria-Hungary , Walachia (ya we all want the impaler) , Serbia; they all fought against Ottomans invasion so any of them.

7. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Seems to me alt-leaders for existing civ's would be preferable right now, and require fewer new assets so they could be produced with greater rapidity.

And no more of this Macedonian nonsense where Firaxis basically bails on their own design.

Lots of U.S. presidents that would be good alternatives to the mainstays, Lincoln and Washington. Monroe, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR.

8. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Well, y'know....Brazil.

Duuk likes this.
  9. Gabhar

Gabhar Chieftain

I doubt that just making leaders is all that much cheaper and it certainly isn't preferable at this stage.

Vahnstad and DWilson like this.
  10. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'd buy any of them - but some not for years after release when I'd played with all the civ stuff I already had and they were on sale for pennies.

11. Amrunril

Amrunril Chieftain

I voted for many of the civ options, though I'm relatively indifferent to whether they show up in the indicated forms, as some other DLC form or in a 2nd/3rd expansion. Regarding unmentioned American/African civs, I'd be particularly interested in Haida/Tlingit and some form of East African trading civ (Swahili/Kilwa/Zimbabwe), but I'd be happy to see pretty much any pre-colonial civ from these continents.

12. Xandinho

Xandinho Warlord

The pack "Isabella of Spain, Portugal, Inca, Maya, Earth script map, New World Scenario" is my favorite by far, I'm surprised it's not in the first place. But it is certainly very unlikely that we see 3 civilizations and one alternative leader in the same DLC.

West African Pack, Classical Era Pack and Alternate Leader Packs would also be nice

I would like to see a pack of wonders too, the more wonders the better.

13. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

If devs don't have to allocate time and resources for designing buildings and units, it is de facto less intensive.

And alt leaders are certainly preferable. Y'know, insomuch as anyone can just claims something is "certainly preferable" without any metric to determine certainty.

14. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Selected 8 options but in reality I'd most likely buy anything they'd release for Civ VI.

Duuk likes this.
  15. Gabhar

Gabhar Chieftain

Designing, animating and doing the voice work for a new leader is doubtlessly the brunt of the cost for a new civ. The biggest saving in doing a new leader instead of a new civ is reusing the music, while comparatively the art assets and programming/balancing aren't likely to be particularly expensive to produce. The cost of a new leader is almost the cost of a new civ so effectively carries the opportunity cost of being introduced in place of one. Obviously I'm not privy to the logistics of it and there may be edge situations where an alternate leader might be the most they can stretch, but I doubt any situation where they're hurting for building/unit assets is the norm.

Alternate leaders aren't really preferable over new civs. Obviously this is matter of opinion, but the game has plenty of missing factions from previous games and a switched out leader ability is pretty underwhelming.

16. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Chieftain

Voted for all the civ packs, except SIoux / Iroquios (since that sounds boring, and i wish them to do something else, i do not want to see the Sioux returning, and i want them to focus on Apache/Navajo), and Unmentioned Other civ, since the only possible option is Polynesia / Maori / Hawaii and at this stage, i don't want them in the game.

I'm rooting for an Ottoman + Hungary civ DLC pack, and Byzantium in exp pack 2
    The exploration pack needs to be cool. I prefer Isabella I + Inca, but if they want to do a cool big DLC pack focused on exploration, i want them to do it well.

Exactly this. I want THIS. First thing i want.

I feel like Ottoman + Hungary is more realistic than Ottoman + Byzantium too.

ferretbacon and TahamiTsunami like this.
  17. Phrozen

Phrozen Chieftain

Bulgaria under Simeon I would be nice you know the people that invented the Cyrillic alphabet.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  18. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Chieftain

Romania under Vlad Dracula as well. But Europe has probably too many possibilities. Though they can still fill Eastern Europe.

Bulgaria however is a bit close to Anatolia (Byz and Otto), the two Greeces and Macedon. But they can still gives us an Eastern Meditterraen map with Middle East and Black Sea. Georgia, Scythia, Rome, Egypt, Hungary, Bulgaria, Scythia, Babylon / Assyria or Palmyra, Byzantium, Ottomans, Macedon, two Greeces, Sumeria, Arabia, Nubia and maybe Persia and the two India's on one map together with Mohenjo Daro, Muscat, Antioch, Yerevan, Babylon and maybe more city-states i've forgotten.

It would also be fun, if they decided to add a spin-off series to civilization focusing on the Old World, with like 10 to 18 civs all from ancient and classical era's and all from Eurasia (and Northern Africa), like: Egypt, Nubia, Sumeria, Akkadians, Assyria, Hittites, Babylon, Palmyra, Carthage, Rome, Seleucids, Lydia, Macedon, Epirus, Sparta, Athens, Gauls, Iceni, the Etruscans, the three China's, Harappa, Maurya, Persia and maybe Goths / Huns / Scythia. :p

Welcome Tomyris, Alexander The Great, Leonidas, Pericles, Attila, Boudicca, Vercingetorix, Dido, Ramesses II, Ashoka, Ashurbanipal, Nebuchaddnezar, Zenobia, Gilgamesh and Amanitore, you can all come back, and if they focus on the really old world. We can get a Roman Republic leader like Scipio.

I also hope for new maps, like maybe an Ice Age one, or updated biases (changing to wetter or drier conditions), just like civ 4 gave us plenty of choice to choose a good map, though i don't want a map pack DLC.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  19. Duuk

Duuk 30 Year Noob Supporter

Oh, I'd love to see a coupled pack of Hungary-Bulgaria-Wallachia, too. But for that to be a reality would probably mean that Ottomans and Byzantines aren't available until the 2nd expansion, so that HBW could be an XP2-DLC.

But... I mean... thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

20. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

An Ottoman + Romania pack would be good too, just to mention another civ you could pair the Ottomans with. At this point, you may as well have an Ottoman + Byzantine + Romania + Hungary pack!

Edit: Ninja'd