Power of rush buy, for all CE lovers.

INtention of rule is that we permitted to have 2 production cities, one specially for wanders building, because penalty to rush buying wandars is huge. So, after Nationalism, decide which 2 cities and convert mines in all others. WE CAN change decision in future.

On additional note, I looked on save.

Any reson we did not revolted to serfdom as advised? WE do not use castle system at all and we do need to improve ties faster.

Bouth Mekka and Madunna has a few forests in cultural borders to chop to taj mahal, take that in calculations.

WE really need Taj Mahal to have a good shot for representation.

I overlooked the switch to Serfdom.

The risk with Taj in Hamburg is over time Motherland unhappiness increases and that is exacerbated by growth, so you may end up unable to work the desired tiles, with more citizens going :mad: . Given that the max hammer outputs are similar (and Mecca can run an engineer during the project) then I'd play safe and go for the capital. I don't think GPP polution is a big problem in this game.

Currently:
research at 40% (10 % culture)
scientist in 25
nationalism in 6
paper in 5
education in 21
liberalism in 12 (17 now, but golden age = 70 commerce tiles * 8 turns)
Taj: 700 hammers. Assume 25 hammers * 2.25 marble+OR = 56.25 or ~12 turns. (Edit: faster with forge).

Plan A:
turn 6 nationalism, start taj
turn 11 paper, science to 0%
turn 18 start golden age
turn 25 double bulb education, science to 100%
turn 31 liberalism (1310 AD)
additional benefit: serfdom

Plan B:
turn 0 stay in caste system, run max scientists, scientist in ~18
turn 11 paper, science to 0%
turn 18 double bulb education, science to 100%, start golden age
turn 24 liberalism (1240 AD)

Plan C:
turn 11 paper, half bulb education (1500 + 3*85 pop = 1750) = ~7 turns for education at 40%
turn 18 education, start golden age
turn 30 liberalism (1300 AD)
additional benefits: serfdom, extra great scientist on turn 25

I think Mutineer and SP are advocating plan C. I think it will be interesting to try and I like the extra great scientist, so OK. I will also build the Taj in Mecca.

I think youshoudl consider amount oh shields could be produced with Buracracy in capital and Forest chops.
Capital still have bunch of forsts around that could br chopped in.
So, I am in favor of plac C. Single LB would do.

Second GS could be used to speed up Printing press on a way to Democracy.
IN addition I hope buildign courhouses and markets in other cities increase our research rate.
Diplomacy wize I would keep friendly with Brenus, as we dop not need wars right now. Masta will trade even not friendly.

More :hammer: turns. :)

Switched to Serfdom on turn zero (saved 4 GPT).
Traded Iron to Mansa for 3 GPT to maintain the balance of power. He went up to Cautious.
Mansa founded Islam in Kumbi Saleh, but hasn't converted yet:

We hooked up our Spices.
We finished Nationalism, and:

I took all citizens off production improvements except in Mecca and Hamburg. Sometimes the computer tries to reassign them.
Brennus built the Sistine Chapel, and got a Great Engineer (who is asleep in Bibracte).
Hagia Sophia was BIDA.
A barb city is near the Silver. Actually the location is good for a naval production center with windmills, it breaks even before Biology:

One city there and one city on the Silver seem good to me, although other dotmaps are OK too. A Settler is being built in Berlin. We have a few units near the barb city, but I was in no hurry to capture it.

Mecca: Forge, Aqueduct, Taj Mahal...
Medina: Madrassa, Monastery (by mistake), Missionary x 2...
Damascus: Market, Forge, Courthouse...
Frankfurt: Forge, Missionary x 3... One is on the way to Brennus. As a precaution I suggest we convert a couple of his cities. It would be bad if he went Islamic, for example.
Hamburg: Forge, Heroic Epic -> Stable -> Elephant x 2...
Berlin: Courthouse, Settler...
Munich: Forge, Worker x 2...
Dortmund: Theater, Worker x 2...
Cologne: Theater, Forge...
Hittite: Granary...

Brennus has a little money (160) that we could ask for.

Education in 16. I woke up Tycho Brahe so that he can finish it.

We might want to try to build Sankore and Angkor Wat after the Taj. I think Angkor Wat would be nothing special in this game (build it for denial or wealth), but Sankore would be pretty good.

I looked at the save ... I see that Mecca and Hamburg are the current mining-allowed cities. (I presume the variant means that we can change mining-allowed cities dynamically, as long as there are only two such cities at any one time).

We are building a settler, for where? I see Jet suggested keeping the barb city, and build another for silver. Frankly, I think that the silver city left a lot to be desired. It only has a fish resource, and that's abt it. The rest of the tiles are tundra or ice.

Given that, I am not sure where else to settler the, well, settler. May be one of the empty region among the jungle. If anyone as any ideas, I am more than happy to abide.

I looked on save and everything looks good.
Notice Brenus army going after barbarian city.
Notice Branus got Nationalism, let hope he does not build Taj Maxal.

Currently we have 3 cities with Mines, Capital, Meduna and Hamburg.
We need to decide which cities keep as production one's.

Research wize no one has paper or philosofy on our continent anyway, so I think liberalism is resonably safe. I wander what othe rcontinent is up to?

On the Silver would just be a resource grabber. +4 happy with Forge and Market, both of which we'll have everywhere. Granted, Optics is maybe a diversion and Whales don't last that long, but we could use the happy in a war with Brennus. I don't feel that strongly about it, though.

Brennus doesn't have Nationalism - he doesn't have Philosophy or Divine Right.

Research wize no one has paper or philosofy on our continent anyway, so I think liberalism is resonably safe. I wander what othe rcontinent is up to?
I wonder, too. I don't think they're warring that much as I haven't seen any Great General born/died messages in my turns. Did anyone else get a giveaway message?

Brennus doesn't have Nationalism - he doesn't have Philosophy or Divine Right.

You right, I miss that. Even better.

Other continent seems strange, we live mostly in continent, so we could have missed there Caravels.

Medina is NOT working on mines ... we only have 2 cities working on mines as per variant:

The mines you see in Medina's BFC is actually worked by capitol.

Anyway, things look a bit worrisome ... the silver spot is claimed by Bismarck (he must die for his crimes :evil:), and brennus army will reach the barb city before one more of our phant and cat will.

The barb CG archer on a hill proves too much for our CRIII axe (30%), so I don't think we can take the city before Brennus' 3 celtic warriors strike. I decided to take a risk and let Brennus have the first attack ... it pays off. He did not succeed.

We took it the next turn (though it does cost us our Hamburger Helper at 90% odds :gripe:).

The addition of barb city raised the scientists lightbulb beaker by around 10, so I decided its time to burn the scientist.

It reduces Education to 2 turns ... and we got it the same time we got Taj Mahal:

I started the University of Sankore next. Aided with golden age, it only takes 8 turns, thus I am pretty confident of getting it until this message appears:

Damned!

I traded for Machinery from Brennus after getting Liberalism. I suggest we start pumping out CRs and eliminate Bismarck for good in the next turnset.

Due to the silver site being taken by Bismarck, the settler is currently idling. I don't have a clear good site for him in mind, so I decided to leave this to someone with better feel for a good city site ;).

Our northern cities are starting to see unhappiness ... and they are very light defended. I started producing more troops for MP duties. I had also added some longbows for needed defense.

Liberalism is currently 4 turns away I think.

>>> The Save (1200 AD) <<<

If we can get money from Brennus, we can finish Liberalism in 2 turns! :)

I like the idea of finishing Germany next, GreyFox. We can build most of the units in Hamburg, it will eliminate a happiness nuisance, it will get us the Silver, and it should get us some promotions and maybe another Great General (we need 17 XP).

I got it, will play tonigth and see what I can do. Buld HE somewhere to crunck units.

What about the bigger picture? Are we planning to take out Brennus, or be friends with him and carve up Mansa (once Germany is gone)?

What victory condition does everyone want? My first choice is still Domination, because it requires the most production. By the way, our continent has almost enough land for that. We have 260 land tiles and 25.07% of the map, so there are 1037 land tiles on the map. There are 655 land tiles on our continent, 63.16% of the total.

Top Bottom