[UNIT] PPQ unit art and questions thread

Yea, you guys would not believe the amount of work and experimentation that went into making that model function. The alpha just took work. But the texture effect alone is breaking ground I newer thought possible.

Last edited:
Yea, you guys would not believe the amount of work and experimentation that went into making that model function. The alpha just took work. But the texture effect alone is breaking ground I newer thought possible.

When can we expect this amazing unit to be uploaded?:)

When can we expect this amazing unit to be uploaded?:)
At some point next week I think. I am buried in work at work and that is sapping the creativity I need to finish up the details.

And here you go.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/nod-stealth-tank.28815/

I couldn't be bothered to re-record the combat gif right now. So don't mind the wrong placement of the backblast. It has been fixed. I just didn't want to delay release until I can spend a hour fiddling with Gifferly to get the recording just right.

Ok, fine. I did it. I won't be lazy. Uploaded fixed gif. Sorry for the compression on that one but I really can't change a thing about that part.

Its an amazing unit you really are extremely talented Purple.

I have a request of my own for anyone interested. Its Clanky's Banshee from his Starcraft2 conversion. I'd like it to use the Gunship animations, but instead of the attack, it would fire missiles, like the Stealth Tank Purple made or Toad's Stealth Ships he just put out.

If you can drop me a link to the mod or unit so that I don't have to spend time digging I'll see what I can do. I didn't even know there was a starcraft 2 mod for CIV.

Its an amazing unit you really are extremely talented Purple.

I have a request of my own for anyone interested. Its Clanky's Banshee from his Starcraft2 conversion. I'd like it to use the Gunship animations, but instead of the attack, it would fire missiles, like the Stealth Tank Purple made or Toad's Stealth Ships he just put out.

Does banshee use gunship.kfm? There is gunship.kfm which changes machine gun to missiles.

And here you go.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/nod-stealth-tank.28815/

I couldn't be bothered to re-record the combat gif right now. So don't mind the wrong placement of the backblast. It has been fixed. I just didn't want to delay release until I can spend a hour fiddling with Gifferly to get the recording just right.

Just tested this one in game and I have to say that this is landmark unit in civIV modding:goodjob: Something totally new and innovative over 15 year old and much modded game.. thats something. Respect

Does banshee use gunship.kfm? There is gunship.kfm which changes machine gun to missiles.
If there is one that should do it. If not I'll make one. Someone please check so that I don't end up making a duplicate of someone elses work. Untill than I'll keep on tweaking the NOD machinegun.

If there is one that should do it. If not I'll make one. Someone please check so that I don't end up making a duplicate of someone elses work. Untill than I'll keep on tweaking the NOD machinegun.

Theres is one, couple mods r using it.. it needs missile effect file also. @Sword_Of_Geddon sorry but I dont remember which mods use this kfm:confused: I do remember that there was Mil Mi-8 helicopters that used missile animations..and that I tested kfm and it could be used with all units that r using gunship.kfm.

Yeah thats the animation. Clanky made the Banshee a ground based naval unit for some reason, maybe with Final Frontier or something in mind. So having it as the missile launching killer like it was in SC2 with the missile animation would be awesome. I think it makes a great Stealth Attack Helicopter like that.

Yeah thats the animation. Clanky made the Banshee a ground based naval unit for some reason, maybe with Final Frontier or something in mind. So having it as the missile launching killer like it was in SC2 with the missile animation would be awesome. I think it makes a great Stealth Attack Helicopter like that.
It uses the gunship animation from what I can tell. Have you tried just using a regular gunship XML entry but with his NIF?

I don't own SC2 so I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of how the thing "should" look. Either way I'll put it on my list and if and when I have some free time from all my other units I might take a look at it.

I haven't tried using that kfm with the nif but the machine gun animation isn't as impactful or fitting I think as the Banshee in SC2 uses a pretty epic missile attack.
I don't own SC2 so I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of how the thing "should" look. Either way I'll put it on my list and if and when I have some free time from all my other units I might take a look at it.

I added PPQs missile to the Comanche gunship I had D/Led. I don't know if this is what you guys are talking about. I don't know anything about SC2 either. :nope:

Attachments

• RAH66_PPQ_MISSILE.rar
    279.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Stealthchopper.jpg
    Stealthchopper.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom