Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

Well, I probably wouldn't have enough time to make significant progress on my update even if all the orders came in tonight, so don't feel too bad about it. :p

To: All the nations of the world

We would like to inject some diplomacy into the space race before it becomes a frantic first-come-first-serve scenario. Such a scenario will most likely result in open warfare between at least one of the world's major powers. As such, Indonesia would like to make the plans of the IISP for future colonization common knowledge so as to avoid any such mutually destructive confrontations.

First of all, Indonesia believes, as does the IISP, that colonization within Sol should not be handled on the scale of entire planets; as its planets will be the first to garner colonies, it is important that we allow more than one nation to colonize each planet to avoid mutually destructive confrontations. Planets in Sol should, rather, be claimed on a large territorial basis, allowing for nations to have many launching points for interstellar craft as well as not feeling enclosed by a lack of nearby planets to colonize.

Secondly, it is important for nations to lay claim to planets outside of Sol now so as to allow proper planning by others wishing to colonize. As such, Indonesia wishes to lay claim to the planets 086-025E and 021-047A. If any nations wish to contest this claim, we will discuss such matters through private channels. We urge other nations to lay bare their plans as well to avoid any unnecessary conflict.

Lastly, Indonesia wishes to ensure further violence and, as such, urges all nations not to arm their spacecraft, as this will only ensure eventual conflicts, mostly because of a lack of faster-than-light communications.

To: All Muslim Majority Nations but Iran

The IISP would like to extend to you an open invitation to join the IISP at any time you feel you would be able to make a meaningful contribution to the efforts of spreading Islam throughout the galaxy.

To: All the nations of the world

We would like to inject some diplomacy into the space race before it becomes a frantic first-come-first-serve scenario. Such a scenario will most likely result in open warfare between at least one of the world's major powers. As such, Indonesia would like to make the plans of the IISP for future colonization common knowledge so as to avoid any such mutually destructive confrontations.

First of all, Indonesia believes, as does the IISP, that colonization within Sol should not be handled on the scale of entire planets; as its planets will be the first to garner colonies, it is important that we allow more than one nation to colonize each planet to avoid mutually destructive confrontations. Planets in Sol should, rather, be claimed on a large territorial basis, allowing for nations to have many launching points for interstellar craft as well as not feeling enclosed by a lack of nearby planets to colonize.

Secondly, it is important for nations to lay claim to planets outside of Sol now so as to allow proper planning by others wishing to colonize. As such, Indonesia wishes to lay claim to the planets 086-025E and 021-047A. If any nations wish to contest this claim, we will discuss such matters through private channels. We urge other nations to lay bare their plans as well to avoid any unnecessary conflict.

Lastly, Indonesia wishes to ensure further violence and, as such, urges all nations not to arm their spacecraft, as this will only ensure eventual conflicts, mostly because of a lack of faster-than-light communications.

We do not believe that your goals are in our best interest. Firstly, we do not think it is right that Indonesia, a country with an extremely weak space program, should be dictating international law. It is unfair of countries to "lay claim" or "call shotgun to" planets that they want. How is this any less of a first-come-first-serve system than just sending out colonists? At least by sending out colonists on our own, the nations with the most ability to colonize other planets receive those planets. Otherwise, weak, astronomically unimportant nations could call the best planets, and any nation wanting that planet would be put into immediate conflict, and even war.

So, the United States of America will not be participating in your little authoritarian call fest. We will leave the colonization of the stars to those nations most able to do so.

We do not believe that your goals are in our best interest. Firstly, we do not think it is right that Indonesia, a country with an extremely weak space program, should be dictating international law. It is unfair of countries to "lay claim" or "call shotgun to" planets that they want. How is this any less of a first-come-first-serve system than just sending out colonists? At least by sending out colonists on our own, the nations with the most ability to colonize other planets receive those planets. Otherwise, weak, astronomically unimportant nations could call the best planets, and any nation wanting that planet would be put into immediate conflict, and even war.

So, the United States of America will not be participating in your little authoritarian call fest. We will leave the colonization of the stars to those nations most able to do so.

Firstly, this is exactly the sort of thing that Indonesia does not support. We are saying that we have plans and that, if anyone wants to take the planets first, that they talk to us first. You seem to believe that just because Indonesia takes others plans into account by revealing our own, we lay claim to the "best" planets. It is nothing but the United States coming up with another reason for their imperialist winner-takes-all system, which will end in nothing but unnecessary conflict, destruction, and loss of lives.

Secondly, we find it, frankly, absurd that the United States finds it within its belief system that nations that are "insignificant" cannot have an affect on international law. Regardless, unlike the United States, Indonesia does not dictate, it suggests, as was put forth plainly in our message.

We would also thank the United States not to place the IISP as solely within Indonesian jurisdiction, as it is an international project funded by a great many Muslim nations.

huh? I thought Chand shot that idea down with his emphatic no to your Indonesia center Dar-Al-Islam.

huh? I thought Chand shot that idea down with his emphatic no to your Indonesia center Dar-Al-Islam.

Oh, yes, that idea was destroyed rather quickly. However, the International Islamic Space Program is a project funded by a group of Muslim majority nations that wish to promote Islam's movement throughout the galaxy, started by Indonesia. :)

A single Muslim empire is out of the question, at least at this point, but a shared space program is not terribly improbable, given the circumstances.

Edit: X-post with Fuschia himself. Also, I have recieved the USA's orders.

It was just the last thing I had read was the no to Dar-Al-Islam.

Also, I have recieved the USA's orders.

That's unfortunate. Seems this is going to turn into a rather delicate situation... :)

A question about technology: will the travel times between adjacent systems and those with one or two systems in between them be massively different?

Europe does not wish to have any terms of colonization dictated. There is plenty of space for all of us.

Europe does not wish to have any terms of colonization dictated. There is plenty of space for all of us.

Indonesia would agree, but we feel it is necessary for nations to reveal their plans and discuss them to avoid conflicts. As we stated to the United States, our message did not say dictate, we simply suggest things, as it is the place of any nation to do when the issue concerns international well-being.

A question about technology: will the travel times between adjacent systems and those with one or two systems in between them be massively different?

Massively? I wouldn't say so. Both the travel times and the energies required will be directly proportional to the distance between the systems. However, the current technology doesn't allow ships to jump by more than one green link, nor are they capable of jumping from an undeveloped system.

I'm ready to be an European governor.

Yeah, and unless players make specific plans regarding who they want to govern for them, I intend to allow governance opportunities based on the order in which players reserved extra spots.

I can't play in this at the moment, though I wish you luck. When things open up for, say, space based corporations, let me know.

Orders sent. Please tell me if that style is what you want.
:yup: That's a fine order set you sent.
I can't play in this at the moment, though I wish you luck. When things open up for, say, space based corporations, let me know.

In that case, China is open again. If alex still doesn't want it, LightFang, das, or Erik Mesoy can take it over.

Unfortunately, I am too occupied at the moment; my apologies.

Top Bottom