1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PRE-DominatrNES II - Sign Ups

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by dominatr, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

At first, i was considering creating a map with a large number of civilizations appearing at once that were chosen from a list, but i think now it would be better to do a true fresh start. It will be on the same map, but the player will be able to create their own original civilization instead of being restricted to a list of real civilizations.

I realized that players enjoy giving character to their own controlled empires and that really is diminished when choosing a from ones that already existed, so i've determined that a fresh start would make more sense.

2. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

*Has idea*

Anyway, on-topic...

I don't really care either way. If this system helps you, do it. For most practical purposes, this will still function similarly to a fresh start.

Otherwise, I'm good with a change.

3. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

To be honest I was playing this kinda like a fresh start already with the Attican League.

4. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

yeah i was getting that idea, and i thought it would be best if i just abandoned the idea of having the lists and whatnot and making it officially a fresh start rather than being on the fence about it.

5. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

It's officially a fresh start, tomorrow night i will create the thread for it, and you will make your own original civilization. I am going to sort of disregard the claims to different areas posed in this thread, however, you are welcome to claim the same location tomorrow.

Just say "i'm in" and claim a location, you can develop the submission after you've safely gotten a spot you like to avoid rushing/confusion. Thanks guys, glad i was able to make up my mind before actually starting it, can't wait to launch this fresh start!

6. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Still, we are already in place!

7. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

Hm. Yeah. Very true.

Given that, maybe you should just do that.

If so, you could either do the wave-based thing erez did (though there are problems with that), or let everyone go in at once.

EDIT: X-Post with above 2.

8. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

How do you feel about ahistorical starts?

9. Patchy

Patchy Emperor

I hope you're quick on the draw Christos, because I will ninja greece from you.

10. dominatr

dominatr Smoke Jaguar

what do you mean? geographically?

11. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Alright, I'm good for a fresh start. Will probably be claiming the same area, just to let the rest of you guys know. Or maybe I'll move over and populate Asia. We'll see.

12. Terrance888

Any. For example, it is "tradition" to consider Western Europe+mediterranean as a "cradle" simply because so many people want to join there.

13. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

I Shotty Cornwall (Exactly the same background and whatnot as in this thread, for the next thread.)

14. Patriotic_Fool

Patriotic_Fool The Mitt ©

Nation’s name: Germany, Germany
    Capital City: Berlin
    Leader: Marz Aronokath
    Place Names: Pick random german cities :)
    Societal Structure: There are two classes. One class is the civilian class, and they don't stab things. The other military class stabs things.
    Brief History: Berlin was created by the god of the earth, also the god that endorses battles and such. The Germans poured from the depths of the earth and have been stabbing ever since.

15. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Of your going to do more than just claims starting area, at least give us a level of detail that doesn't make us think barbarians, why should I talk to them. Name of castes(you obviously miss named here. Caste is a better word), What sub classes in them exist, what to call your leader, something other than that ungodly history. Makes me think barbs, not a civilization on our level, and it means the actual summary of your history, not religious history. Do preists have more power than nobility, or is a plutocracy of merchants the powerbase. The military? All five equally? The people( note: not a viable option right now)? just germany is a bland name. Are you th kingdom? Empire? Something new? What you have put tells use you wish to join, and have little to no thought to detail so far.

16. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I choose the same nation with the same details... :p

17. momo1000

momo1000 King

Is it still going to start 1000 B.C.E.?

18. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Same details.

19. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Just so you know my details newcomers who don't read the pages of a thread.

20. Terrance888