Pre-FC/CrezNES Thread: 1836

Thanks, Bair_the_normal. I did not know that. I'll fix it summarily.

My plan for Greece:

Build up the economy, create a decent army, build up alliances with anti-Ottoman powers.

1. United States of Central America
2. Texas Republic
3. Russia
4. Brazil
5. Two Sicilies

1. Keep Francisco Morazán's dream alive of a united Central America alive for as long as possible. Solidify industry and promote commerce between Mexico and the USA and South America.

2. Secure Texas independence. Seek positive relations with the United States.

3. Pan-Slavism. Liberation of Constantinople.

4. Samba and swag.

5. Pizza and poppin' bottles.

1. Greece (I already said my plan)
2. Two Sicilies (Unite Italy)
3. Qing Dynasty (try to modernize China and kick out the foreign devils)
4. Prussia (unite Germany and establish an hegemony in Europe)
5. Persia (Modernize and conquer Pakistan/Iraq)

any open slots on Japan, Sikhs or anything for that matter ?

1.Argentina. To grasp the nettle and look about for those that must be made examples of. Carving out gains against the nations I stand shoulder and shoulder to so that we make greater strides, outpace them, and eventually leave them behind in the dirt.
2.Bolivia. If not the above, the same but from a slightly different starting position.
3.Greece ~It would be fun ducking and weaving in the chaos one might expect to happen around us. Avoid the blows and hope to make respectful gains.
4.France. LOL
5.Spain. LOL

I completely forgot about this, but is the Peru-Bolivian Confederation going to be represented in some way?

Historically it hadn't been proclaimed as of January 1836, but as of 1835 Peru was actually split in half, South Peru being under the President of Bolivia (Andres de Santa Cruz, who was also formerly President of Peru - early independence Latin American politics are bizarre in a way that Victoria really doesn't do justice) and the other half being a virtual puppet of the Bolivians and having previously promised to join the Confederation.

Its one of those things that Victoria never talks about because "its europa universalis not south america universalis", but it happened and was somewhat important.

I completely forgot about this, but is the Peru-Bolivian Confederation going to be represented in some way?

Looks like this conveniently all takes place at the beginning of the NES. I won't make any prescriptions but I'll try as best as I can to model the effects that led to the formation of the confederation.

1. Kingdom of Spain
2. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
3. Burma
4. Argentine Confederation
5. Vietnam

There's also the War of the Farappos and the Cabanagem, which are actually ongoing and at their height as of 1836, another thing that I completely forgot about.

Vicky is bad at South America.

1. Kingdom of Belgium
2. Kingdom of Denmark
3. Kingdom of the Netherlands
4. Sardinia-Piedmont
5. Two Sicilies

Status quo uber alles. Colonialism maybe.

So, what policy levers do we control exactly? I count taxation, tariffs, army and navy supply, and army and navy recruitment. What would your ideal barebones orders consist of flyingchicken/Crezth?

So, what policy levers do we control exactly? I count taxation, tariffs, army and navy supply, and army and navy recruitment. What would your ideal barebones orders consist of flyingchicken/Crezth?

Good question. The levers you count are the ones that directly impact your stats. All your other actions are done by ear, and I'll try to include a lot of feedback for your benefit.

An example of super-barebones orders:

Orders for Austria

Raise Army Supply to 25% and levy temporary taxes just to cover the extra cost. Send the army to Hungary to put down the rebellion.

Commission an investigation into our tax practices and efficiencies. Cull the fat and hire new bureaucrats as part of an ongoing effort to improve our administrative efficiency. Allocate 2.5 million pounds for this investigation.

Sign an alliance with the principality of Saxony and attempt to undermine Prussian influence there.

So those orders are pretty simple, but you see what I'm getting at. It's the kind of stuff you put in orders for most NESes without so much a focus on using EP to do stuff.

EDIT: Also, as time goes on, you'll have a larger number of things you can directly spend money on, in units of supply. These will be added to the front page as it occurs to me that "oh yeah, this common project's cost should be listed for everyone's use."

For the cost of other things, projects or otherwise, you can PM me and I'll give you an idea of what expenditures you're looking at, and what logistical hurdles will need to be crossed.

Top Bottom