Pre-StockNES

Very well. Thank you for taking the time to answer my doubts. I appreciate that you addressed the issue directly.

From the United Commons

To Canada,
We would like to be begin repairing relations and normalizing trade. Are you amenable to reinstating low-tariff trade between our people?

To Prairies,

We would ask that you leave the defensive agreement you signed with the Mormons and Baptists. The prairies and the UC have been historical allies, both in trade in by military cooperation. Let us continue that tradition. We ask that you instead join in a defensive agreement with us. We were strong in the face of Canadian invasion; we can be strong in the face of any threat!

Should you refuse to leave the insulting and treacherous anti-UC defensive agreement you have signed with the southerners, we will need to re-examine our relations with our long-time friends in the Prairies.

To Maritimes,

We would like to be begin repairing relations and normalizing trade. Are you amenable to reinstating low-tariff trade between our people?

We also offer you a place on the Council of Clades should you wish to register your corporation.

To Cuba

We congratulate the Cuban people and its military on successfully defeating the Dixie war machine (with UC help) and hope that we can continue our military and government cooperation and coordination.

Will you sign a co-defensive agreement with us and allow us to position aircraft and a small army garrison upon your territory to act as a deterrent and defense of your lands? Similarly, let us sign trade agreements to help each other’s economies grow.

To Cuban Neighbors

The UC is committed to protection of the Cuban people and its government and will vigorously defend its people as if they were our own should any outside influence attempt to disrupt them.

To Deseret, Mississippi

Your mutual defensive agreement specifically aimed at the UC is a diplomatic insult to our government and to our people. Our wars have been defensive, first to protect our colonists in Virginia in response to Dixie invasion, then in response to Canadian invasion of Denver and the surrounding areas, and finally in response to a Dixie invasion of our friends and ally in Cuba. Unless you insult us, or threaten us, or our allies, you have no reason for such an diplomatically abrasive document.

If you are worried about UC military action, let us instead sign military non-aggression pacts; in this way you will achieve the same protection for your people without insulting the people, government, and perhaps most importantly, military, of the United Commons.

From the United Commons

To Canada,

To: The United Commons

Canada would be absolutely amenable to repairing relations between our two great people. A normalization of trade would go a long way to restoring peace and prosperity to North America and our two great nations.

From the Maritimes
To the UC

Of course, we're happy to maintain positive trade relations, and will consider your offer for clade membership over the coming years.

From Cuba
To the UC

We will pledge to a defensive pact, and allow UC planes into Cuba - however at least for now, we must decline reducing protectionist policies, as our country is unstable and some of our infant industries require protection.

From Baptists, Mormons
To the UC

Quite the contrary, each of those wars was aggressive by the end of it; twice now the UC has attacked Dixieland without just cause, and we rightly fear that UC pretensions to "defence" would easily be reused against us.

In any case, our peace alliance is just that, for continental peace, and we would happily sign non-aggression with the UC if they will tolerate our defensive alliance, which is still a valuable deterrent against our other neighbours.

To: The United Commons

Canada would be absolutely amenable to repairing relations between our two great people. A normalization of trade would go a long way to restoring peace and prosperity to North America and our two great nations.

Excellent. Let us limit import and export tariffs to 3%?

From the Maritimes
To the UC

Of course, we're happy to maintain positive trade relations, and will consider your offer for clade membership over the coming years.

Excellent. We look forward to increased trade.

From Cuba
To the UC

We will pledge to a defensive pact, and allow UC planes into Cuba - however at least for now, we must decline reducing protectionist policies, as our country is unstable and some of our infant industries require protection.

Perhaps we would reduce tariffs specifically, and not generically, to ensure that those industries you want to protect are protected and those which could benefit from increased exposure to UC markets can benefit?

From Baptists, Mormons
To the UC

[snip]

In any case, our peace alliance is just that, for continental peace, and we would happily sign non-aggression with the UC if they will tolerate our defensive alliance, which is still a valuable deterrent against our other neighbours.

As it stands your alliance is specifically targeted against us.

The Daily Standard

NORTH AMERICAN PEACE ALLIANCE FORMS
Fearing UC warmongering, the Mormons, Baptists and Prairie people have agreed to a defensive alliance, the first continental wide alliance system since the beginning of the century, and pledge to defend one another in the event of UC aggression. They have argued however that this should not and does not change their positive economic relations with the UC, and as of yet, tariffs or other economically aggressive actions have yet to be taken, perhaps securing peace on the continent.

We ask that you dismantle the alliance precisely because it unfairly, and insultingly, targets the United Commons.

To: Mormon State, California, Mississippi, UC, Prairie, and any other concerned North American Nations

We propose a North American Trade Block between our nations that would help increase economic growth while reducing tensions between our nations. The exchange of goods and ideas will help our nations understand each other and in doing so will improve diplomatic ties as well as economic ones that will promote peace across the continent. Such a trading block would create competitive companies and larger markets which will result in more jobs, more consumer choice, and better profits. Are you interested?

From Bavaria
To Hungary

Trade between us is totally important. We should do a customs union.

Mexico,

What do you mean by 'trade block'? If you mean greatly reduced tariffs on import and export (say 3-5%) and reduced tolls on goods trading through member nations (say 3-5%), then the UC would be happy to join the 'Pan-American Trading Agreement'.

(it needs a name)

From Cuba
To the UC

Sure. (OOC: the vast majority of Cuba's economic output is from infant industries, so this will not be tabulated beyond its diplomatic effect)

From the Mormons, Baptists
To the UC
CC North America

Then let others beware that we will defend each other in the face of other incursions too. The UC is however, a primary concern, due to their exceptionally belligerent behaviour, and we won't dismantle our alliance without a UC proposal.

From Hungary
To Bavaria

We would agree to a common external tariff, but between our states we would like to maintain the status quo.

@Mexico/Frozen In Ice: You'd have to be more specific about the proposal; are you only considering reduced import/export tariffs between countries?

@Mexico/Frozen In Ice: You'd have to be more specific about the proposal; are you only considering reduced import/export tariffs between countries?

Reduced tariffs and expedited customs procedures is what I was thinking of, though I'd also be open to other suggestions.

24 Hours until the deadline, but I've now learnt of multiple midterms happening this week, so there's some flexibility until Wednesday night really.

Hi everyone, I have a mere 5 ordersets and would like more, because, that'd be nice. Deadline has passed, but as I said yesterday, effectively there is still 1 day to get them in. I hope I'll see a trickle of PMs over the next 24 hours :)

Could you give a list of people who've turned in their orders?

1) Sorry for the lateness of my orders.
2) I'm very excited about progressing from pre-NES to NES. Do you have all the mechanics sorted out JK Stockholme? Do you need any help with play-testing or has that all already been done? When do you think the new (NES, not pre-NES) thread will be posted?

They'll be in within about four hours of this posting.

Can I be Russia?

I've orders from mrrandomplayer, Everblack, Grandkhan, Frozen In Ice, Ophorian, ChineseWarlord, Golden1Knight and Immaculate right now (I have not read the contents of any of them yet). Everyone else get them in!

@Immaculate: largely I'm done figuring out how the internal rules operate, save for stability related things (which are being tested this turn). I don't know when the full NES will be up, I'll be out of the country for over a week until exam time, then there's exam time, and then I'm not sure what will happen.

@nuke: yep, send in orders before tonight and I'll use them as Russia's orders.

Just sent them, can't wait for the next update.

The deadline has passed, so now I will do NPC orders and then permanently close the BT phase of the NES as soon as possible; until then, the players that have neglected to send orders will have their last chance.

I am still missing ordersets from the following: thomas.berubeg, Lord of Elves, Shadowbound, Seon, Azale, and Js_9001.

As always, I prefer player orders to my own interpretation of a country's policies, so it'd be cool if I got a few more in before I do NPC orders and then the last BT update.

Top Bottom