President thread- Term 3

If I recalled correctly, our scouting warrior noted that they had rather light defenses consisting of archers and warriors. And, suddenly, they produce a stack of keshiks and axes and plant them south of the capital.

Based on this fact, we could assume that GCA's other cities would have nothing stronger than archers defending them. So a couple of city raider axes should do the job.

If possible, we should attack on multiple fronts.

1. capital (us)
2. iron city (us)
3. horse city (CBR, as agreed)
4. other cities??????

But of course, the capital is the main prize at stake. It should still be our main priority.

Well we can cause them many problems by having by removing their other cities and limiting them to just one city of use and that will eventually eliminate them.

:agree: Indeed. Unless GCA is able to defend against CFC and CBR simultaneously which is an extremely tremendous and difficult task considering the odds :p

A lot will depend on our ability to pillage the horses and the iron and deprive them of it. :king:

If I recalled correctly, our scouting warrior noted that they had rather light defenses consisting of archers and warriors. And, suddenly, they produce a stack of keshiks and axes and plant them south of the capital.

Based on this fact, we could assume that GCA's other cities would have nothing stronger than archers defending them. So a couple of city raider axes should do the job.

If possible, we should attack on multiple fronts.

1. capital (us)
2. iron city (us)
3. horse city (CBR, as agreed)
4. other cities??????

But of course, the capital is the main prize at stake. It should still be our main priority.

The problem is producing all them units to do that, we have good production but to have a decent assault force id say we need at least 6 units, that'll take at least another 10 turns to build another 6 which we already have to march towards the iron city.

not much change in the war situation except that they have added another keshik behind the archer/axe 'stack' i moved our two spears over to help defend but the axes i left in the galleys i figure we'll build another 8 units or so and send 6 north walking and hold on to the galleys for awhile longer before sending them off to make a joint attack.

edit- asked gwt if they wanted to trade monarchy for something.

Any news from CBR?

Are all our cities defended?

No news from CBR but i have managed to speak to angelo in a few days, we've got one undefended but i was thinking about sending an axe down there. (its furthest away from gca). The other city is in the picture and very defended :)

No news from CBR but i have managed to speak to angelo in a few days, we've got one undefended but i was thinking about sending an axe down there. (its furthest away from gca). The other city is in the picture and very defended :)

Good! :goodjob: Because GCA has the circumnavigate bonus for their ships. Even though that city is far away, it might be in danger should they launch an amphibious invasion as a counter-attack. 3 turns to reinforce will be too late if that happens.

New turn, same ol' stuff. I was browsing the different tabs and saw this from CBR:

I replied with our e-mail address, as we can check e-mail anytime, but not ingame messages.

Here's GCA's stack outside of Victory.

What are the units defending Victory and fortified in the jungle?

That stack could go SW 1 tile and then NW 1 tile and avoid our stack of units fortified in the jungle. So be careful, especially since some of them have the shock promotion.

Their archers with city garrison 1 shows the intent of capturing this city. We must not let that happen.

Any news on CBR's assault? Our own offensive?

RM..wheres the boats with the rest of the troops. you need to get them..what ever we have there now. Thats probably their last great stack.. kill it and we can counter attack

What are the units defending Victory and fortified in the jungle?

That stack could go SW 1 tile and then NW 1 tile and avoid our stack of units fortified in the jungle. So be careful, especially since some of them have the shock promotion.

Their archers with city garrison 1 shows the intent of capturing this city. We must not let that happen.

Any news on CBR's assault? Our own offensive?
We have two spears, if I recall, with the rest being axemen. No news on CBR.

RM..wheres the boats with the rest of the troops. you need to get them..what ever we have there now. Thats probably their last great stack.. kill it and we can counter attack
They're a turn or two away. Two are filled with axemen. I'll move them over.

There are couple of options on what to do with that stack:

1. When they move SW next turn attack it with your units as they have no defensive Bonus.

2. Move Back 1 Tile W this will delay thier attack on the city by two turns as the go W NW The SW for the attack. This will also allow all units to fall back into victory where they can all make a stand.

3. Split the units 50/50 leaving nothing in Victory. 1 Stack to the NE Of Victory the other to the E. This gives all those units (although half as many) the +50% bonus from the jungle. Once they attack 1 of the two stacks, the remaining stack can fall back into victory (If they kill the stack the attack)

4. Hold your Ground 1 turn, Wait till they move to the SW Then fall back W Forcing them to then Go N NW, before Attacking.

IMO options 3 is your best one and if you had 2 Axes & 2 Spears in each stack you won't loose a single unit. Although it seems you have enough for 1 Spear & 2 Axes, still enough to hold them back)

That 50% jungle bonus is huge for your units, might as well use it.

I would pick option 4 at first to stall them for 1 turn, then go with option 3. This will allow your other Axes to land in Victory.

4 then I like option 3...delay tactic and will give you the best case for getting the 2 axes into victory. Regardless of what they do they get hammered

Well you bring in all 4 that was my mistake reading. Then you use them if you need to. Otherwise they are still part of the Iron attack force.

2 things must happen.. their stack must die and we have to hold victory.

We just have to kill the 2 keshiks and the 2 axemen. The two archers can be finished off easily provided we do not have injured or weak units that they can prey on.

I have just played the save. We have an axe built in Fever River. I also increase the science rate to 100 so that we can get Machinery faster. We get it in 18 turns losing 16 gold per turn. I move the axes into Victory.

One thing I am worried about is an attack from the north, since we are very much unprotected that way, so I am thinking that we build another galley from our capital and send that way for scouting so that any attack will not by unannounced.

Also CBR are allowed to trade Alpha after turn 117. You can find this in the chatlog.

We also need some more cities, so do you think we should start to build some settlers?

Top Bottom