Preview: Harry Turtledove The Great War

Constantine

at least it isnt the sens
An scenario of an alternate history WW1

This is based of the Harry Turtledove Great War Series.

Alternate Timeline

1863: South wins battle of Antieam and GB and France force the US to recongize South

1888: South buys two Mexican provinces giving them a port on the Pacfic, US declares war and is stopped on all fronts by the South and France and Great Britian attack forcing the US to peace

1914: When this scenario is set. Woodrow Wilson is the CSA President and Teddy Roosevelt is the President of the North.

The Alliance Systems
The Entenete made up of CSA, Frnace GB and Russia

Quardurple Alliance Germany Austria Hungray, USA and Italy

South America decleares for either system as the war contiunes

Japan is allied with Great Britian

Minor Notes: Russia never sold Alaska, CSA annexed Cuba, Japan took the Philpinnes from Spain, GB controls Hawii.

The map will be fully filled up with Colonies etc.

Canada is it's own nation while Austrlia and New Zealand are part of British Empire.

This Scenario starts as the crisis that leads to WW1 same in this timeline as in ours is starting to spiral to war

Troops placed will represnt peacetime levels with some border forts manned and at least one unit in each city.

As you lead your nation will you follow the alliance system? be netural and sell to both sides? It is up to you.

I'll update this thread with screenshots showing the progress. Currently Canada,USA,CSA and Mexico are placed with units and Cities
Oh and the Mormons rebel aganist USA severing the trans contienal railway so the US must put them down there their own country so the USA needs to conquer them to connect west with East

Eastern Canda an NE USA

Eastern CSA

Cuba
IMG]http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Cuba.JPG[/IMG]

Western Canada

Pacific Coast

Mexico

add a little minimap picture

Originally posted by Azale
add a little minimap picture

the pictures already showen constiute the bulk of whats been placed.

Wow, nice job =) cant wait to try it out...

This was a good book, and I'm hoping this scenario is just as good. By the looks of it, you won't disappoint. :D

Umm... where's the DELMARVA peninsula, or for that matter, the rest of the East coast? Other than that, looks great.

Why is Kelowna right below Calgary? It should be further west. And also there is no mountains in Calgary or Edmonton, and its pretty much flatlands and foothills west of the Alberta-B.C. border.

Originally posted by SuperBeaverInc.
Why is Kelowna right below Calgary? It should be further west. And also there is no mountains in Calgary or Edmonton, and its pretty much flatlands and foothills west of the Alberta-B.C. border.

1. Kelwona is moved becaused because the map I'm using really compressed that area so unless you want right beside vancouver its the best i can do

2. The how the map was a am trying to fix that.

Thanks for your feedback

C.

Well could you post a screenshot of the area between Calgary and Vancouver?

Hi

Iam still woring on this. Progress has been slow since the start of school:(

BTW does anyone know where i can get maps of Europe of this time peroid of Germany and Austria-Hungray. Thanks
And any Ottoman Empire Maps
Here is Southern GB and Some of France

Map of Austria-Hungary:

500th Post :D

Attachments

• ah.jpg
    ah.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 251
Thanks alot Superbeaver.
1) Can you get a map with citiy names or tell me where got this one
2) I still need a map of pre WW1 Germany

Thanks again

Originally posted by Constantine
Thanks alot Superbeaver.
1) Can you get a map with citiy names or tell me where got this one
2) I still need a map of pre WW1 Germany

Thanks again

(Oz mumbling at first to himself ...)

There's a sticky thread at this top of this forum, of URLs for Mod Makers.

Try the Map page.

-Oz

BTW Constantine is there going to be a flame thrower unit, a coastal moniter, and other such unit that were in the book? The coastal moniter would be intresting because I have never found what one looks like.

It was a made up unit, but Turtledove described it as looking like the Moniters of the Civil War but bigger and more powerful

Originally posted by jamesjkirk
It was a made up unit, but Turtledove described it as looking like the Moniters of the Civil War but bigger and more powerful

Perhaps one of our resident Naval Graphics Geniuses could cross the USS Monitor with a USS Maine-class BB -- i.e., shallow draft; multiple circular turrets; no flying bridge ... ?

-Oz

Top Bottom