Preview Thread: Some modern military Aircraft

MatteLeDog

Warlord
Well since I'm planning to make some units, I might as well make a preview thread for comments and suggestions, ideas and such. First up is the F-15E Strike Eagle, Fidget and Attack anim, the aircraft in Attack is not the size I intend to use, the fidget size is. Thanks to Wyrmshadow for the model.

Attachments

• Eagle Fidget.gif
    Eagle Fidget.gif
    302.1 KB · Views: 180
  • Eagle Attack Preview2.gif
    Eagle Attack Preview2.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 157
the attack looks great...the fidget looks like it dips down in the back a bit much...maybe move the axis it swivels on further back a bit...or cut the rear movement a bit, and make the front bob a bit to compensate...

what other planes you planning on doing?...I would love to see some new non-american planes(or US planes in other countries markings/color scheme) for flavor planes

Spacer One said:
the attack looks great...the fidget looks like it dips down in the back a bit much...maybe move the axis it swivels on further back a bit...or cut the rear movement a bit, and make the front bob a bit to compensate...

what other planes you planning on doing?...I would love to see some new non-american planes(or US planes in other countries markings/color scheme) for flavor planes
He's only just starting to learn how to use the program. What you are asking is not exaclty easy to do. None of the models Ive given come with their own textures.

Stormrage said:
Turbosquid prices are insane! WTF is wrong with them?

A big thanks to muffins, who posted a bunch of his 40k models for free :)
I had a number of my own models posted on there for only $1.. then a week later TS staff changed them all to $30+. I made them cheap so that many poeple could get them while I still got a little bit of cash for my trouble. No such luck.

Since you're just beginning, I'm not going to request anything. However, it would be nice if someone came out with a quality super-hornet (yes, there is a normal hornet by Bebro, but those aren't what the navy will use). The super-hornet is quite a plane, and it would be wonderful if someone came out with that at a later date. But great work on the F-15.

Thanks, no problems if you request stuff in this thread, if I somehow find a model I will give it a go, is the Super Hornet a different airframe from the regular hornet btw? I will finish this one in the weekend, been quite busy in school the last couple of days but now I've graduated so I can concentrate
on this work. The next one is the AMX, I will have to learn to import my own textures into Bryce for that one, since I want to have two different colour schemes, one camoflauge with Brazilian AF markings and one white and blue.

MatteLeDog said:
is the Super Hornet a different airframe from the regular hornet btw?
From what I have seen the only difference is instead of being single seat it has a back seat like the f-14 but no real appreaciable airframe changes so any F-18 can be either a Hornet or Super Hornet.

BadKharma said:
From what I have seen the only difference is instead of being single seat it has a back seat like the f-14 but no real appreaciable airframe changes so any F-18 can be either a Hornet or Super Hornet.
you are soooo wrong. Major airframe difference.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avhorn.html

The major difference I see is that the airframe is enlarged but the basic shape retains the shape of the F-18. Thanks for the link that really goes into a lot of detail I liked the story on the "Growler".

Top Bottom