1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Preview Thread: Some modern military Aircraft

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by MatteLeDog, May 30, 2006.

1. MatteLeDog

MatteLeDog Warlord

Well since I'm planning to make some units, I might as well make a preview thread for comments and suggestions, ideas and such. First up is the F-15E Strike Eagle, Fidget and Attack anim, the aircraft in Attack is not the size I intend to use, the fidget size is. Thanks to Wyrmshadow for the model.

Attached Files:

2. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

the attack looks great...the fidget looks like it dips down in the back a bit much...maybe move the axis it swivels on further back a bit...or cut the rear movement a bit, and make the front bob a bit to compensate...

what other planes you planning on doing?...I would love to see some new non-american planes(or US planes in other countries markings/color scheme) for flavor planes

3. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

He's only just starting to learn how to use the program. What you are asking is not exaclty easy to do. None of the models Ive given come with their own textures.

4. Spacer One

Ahhh...I retract my comments...

Just learning?...Looks great...Very nice atack...very fluid motion...

5. MatteLeDog

MatteLeDog Warlord

I think I'm gonna let the plane fly level a couple of frames more before it descends, elevate it, alter the sun/moon settings. Other aircraft I'm planning:
    Embraer AMX, J-8 Finback, MiG MFI 1.42. Those are the models Wyrmshadow provided me with.

6. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

:clap::clap::clap:

Good job, MatteLeDog!

7. MatteLeDog

MatteLeDog Warlord

Thanks!

Spacer One: If you have a model for a non-American aircraft you want made, I'd be happy to give it a go later on, my problem is not motivation as much as
    finding models (I am a poor student and can't afford turbosquid prices)

8. Spacer One

lol@turbosquid prices...

what format of model do you use?...

9. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Turbosquid prices are insane! WTF is wrong with them?

A big thanks to muffins, who posted a bunch of his 40k models for free :)

10. thegreats

thegreats Cat Lord

I think this units are great

11. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

I had a number of my own models posted on there for only $1.. then a week later TS staff changed them all to $30+. I made them cheap so that many poeple could get them while I still got a little bit of cash for my trouble. No such luck.

12. John_Deere

John_Deere Nothing Runs Like A Deere

Since you're just beginning, I'm not going to request anything. However, it would be nice if someone came out with a quality super-hornet (yes, there is a normal hornet by Bebro, but those aren't what the navy will use). The super-hornet is quite a plane, and it would be wonderful if someone came out with that at a later date. But great work on the F-15.

13. MatteLeDog

MatteLeDog Warlord

Thanks, no problems if you request stuff in this thread, if I somehow find a model I will give it a go, is the Super Hornet a different airframe from the regular hornet btw? I will finish this one in the weekend, been quite busy in school the last couple of days but now I've graduated so I can concentrate
    on this work. The next one is the AMX, I will have to learn to import my own textures into Bryce for that one, since I want to have two different colour schemes, one camoflauge with Brazilian AF markings and one white and blue.

14. Master of Civ

Master of Civ Chieftain

Excellent work. I must admit I am a complete outsider in unit graphics/models, but it looks great. I may use it in my World 2000 scenario. Of course with your permission.

15. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Everything on this site is public domain.

16. Master of Civ

Master of Civ Chieftain

I know, but it isn't nice to take someones hard work without his permission and giving him credits.

17. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

From what I have seen the only difference is instead of being single seat it has a back seat like the f-14 but no real appreaciable airframe changes so any F-18 can be either a Hornet or Super Hornet.

18. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

you are soooo wrong. Major airframe difference.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avhorn.html

19. MatteLeDog

MatteLeDog Warlord

The Eagle is done!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173306

Yeah of course, that's why I made it so people can use it in scenarios and mods

20. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

The major difference I see is that the airframe is enlarged but the basic shape retains the shape of the F-18. Thanks for the link that really goes into a lot of detail I liked the story on the "Growler".