1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Punt civilization 2.1

Play as Ati, Queen of the Punt.

1. Werewolflord

Werewolflord Chieftain

Thanks I will look into it I got some troubles with my tests, this has already helped me - I didn't knew that, that explain why my text files didn't work

2. MongolMongol

MongolMongol Great Khan of the Yurts

It is the semitic term for a market, but here it means the unique civ trait.

TonyBiH likes this.
  3. TonyBiH

TonyBiH Chieftain

Thank you MongolMongol for help and to Rob for mod. Is there some list of all terms like SOUK? I was trying to use Civilopedia but i was no lucky. Maybe i should look in other file list. This Rob mod made me think that modding is not so heavy.

4. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Did someone manage to use other icon for their civ's building?
    I've made a unique building (replacing monument, like the stele for Punt) and I like to use the chichen Itza icon. All I get is always the monument icon in the city production window, and the stonehenge icon when I choose what to produce in the list.

5. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

You won't be able to do so at present Gedemo but I suspect that icons will be moddable in the near future.

TonyBiH likes this.
  6. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

Can (or indeed is) a start bias be set? I notice having started several games with this civ that less than half have been near flood planes/oases for the civ trait to be most effective. I'm particularly interested as you (and the great I recall from Civ 5, like Sukritakt, JFD and others) have me itching to try my completely novice hand at modding and I'm hoping to be able to set my first civ (a tongue-in-cheek but playable Yorkshire) to bias towards grasslands for their special district, Ilkla Moor. Of course, I admit to terror at trying to emulate your and others skill in making mods like this.

7. DreadHerring

DreadHerring Chieftain

I've been trying to figure out how much you can encourage this in my Persia mod. You can set bias for terrain and features which is cool. There's a system in place that lets you rank features from 1 to 5. I forget which end of the scale is more desired or less desired, but I'm curious to see how much specificity has an effect on your starting location.

8. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

Is there a source of information for this, DreadHerring? Sorry to be dense, as I say I'm a complete novice.

9. Rob (R8XFT)

There's not a source of information - so here IS the information. At the bottom of base/assets/Gameplay/Data/Civilizations.xml, there is the following:

Code:
    <!-- Start Bias Lower is First -->
     <StartBiasResources>
      <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA" ResourceType="RESOURCE_HORSES" Tier="2"/>
     </StartBiasResources>
     <StartBiasFeatures>
      <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL" FeatureType="FEATURE_JUNGLE" Tier="2"/>
     </StartBiasFeatures>
     <StartBiasTerrains>
      <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GREECE" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_HILLS" Tier="3"/>
     </StartBiasTerrains>
     <StartBiasRivers>
      <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA" Tier="3"/>
     </StartBiasRivers>
    I've left in one civilization example for each one. For the full info, simply look at the bottom of Civilizations.xml. As you can see from the information at the top of the code, the lowest number in the 1-5 scale gets the priority. It could be that in the maps you've generated, either there's no terrain that suits the Punt's capabilities or another civ has a lower number and therefore grabbed the desired area first.

DreadHerring likes this.
  10. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

Thanks, Robb, that should help. I truly appreciate when you modders step up to help out us newbies.

11. Modaddict

Modaddict Chieftain

Nice civ this one, currently trying to (until now not succesfully) get it to appear in Ynaemp. Hope it works so I can play them in one of my major games.

EDIT: Finally succeeded to launch it without a crash, now to find the proper coordinates for Pwenet on the map.

To add a question as you're using this as a tutorial. Would you happen to already know how to add in the ability for this mod to detect for example Ynaemp and have its coords then set or is that not yet possible (or just not clear how) to do in Civ 6?
    Would be a nice thing to know.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  12. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

Modaddict - I think in the information on YnAMP there's information on how to set a start location for a new civ. I'm afraid I can't remember where in the information I saw it though.

13. Modaddict

Modaddict Chieftain

I'll take a look again, but the question was not just for YnAEMP but in general about mods working together. This was just a good example of a way it could in a minor way.
    Adding the coords on its own isn't really a hard thing and requires only 1 entry in a file if I remember correctly what I did yesterday.

It was mostly a question to expand on the information this mod gives about creating a civilization mod

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

15. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Moderator Action: If you wish to discuss JFD's leader choice, please do so in the thread he linked. It is off topic in this thread. Thanks. leif

edit - the post this referred to has been deleted by the poster, however, please do post in appropriate threads. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  16. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

What if Ethiopia is added later on and has the Stele again?

17. Rob (R8XFT)

The world's full of what ifs - this was a basic civ to show the community from day one how to build new civs, it wasn't intended to be a constantly updated one. I'm sure I'll think of something else for Anno Domini though - the Civ 5 version of the Punt called their UB an obelisk when Ethiopia came out with the stele.

18. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

retrocity5, I think your question shouldn't really be one for this modder but a thought for the whole sim community. The truth is, whatever we add could end up being replicated somehow either by DLC or other mods. Heck, my first mod (which is likely to take a looong time) is a civilization called Yorkshire (the county/ies I grew up in England - a jocularly arrogant bunch who are kind of England's Texas) with the Leader Duchess Flatcapp, the unit Tyke, and the district/improvement Ilkla Moor. There should be no way in hell any of that will crop up in anyone else's work because duh, but that doesn't mean it won't...

19. Hlingler

Hlingler Chieftain

Outstanding work. Thanks!

One question/comment: is the Worker supposed to be able to enter water like the Builder it replaces (i.e.: with Sailing tech)? Or is it deliberately designed to wait until Shipbuilding tech like all other land units?

Thanks Again!
    V

20. Rob (R8XFT)

It's an oversight on my part, Hlingler, which I'll amend as soon as we get the option to include 2D art into our mods. Once that happens, I'll do a final version to include the art and fix that issue.