1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Punt civilization 2.1

Play as Ati, Queen of the Punt.

1. Meaniehead

Meaniehead Chieftain

Forgive me asking, but since I noticed this and mentioned it a while ago I've been trying to guess what causes it. Is there a specific parameter that makes a particular unit embarkable at an earlier tech (this might be useful if someone builds, say, the Phoenecians or Polynesians and decides to make an early tech unit embarkable to emulate their sea-faring nature) or does the game itself look for the string "builder" rather than something that replaces the unit when it determines when the unit can embark?

2. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Chieftain

This is a versatile civ at the first look. It has many ways in money generation but that leads to none particular victory type. (Historically quite accurate for the trade routes, for Punt was mainly mentioned in ancient egyptian as a trade target for spices and licenses). The stele unique building can provide extra housing that can increase city growth. The worker unique unit is good in supporting the economic growth too, and also district building in cities. These benefits the fast growth of cities and brings steady income.

However its leader trait will be reliant on other civ's trade route and it is a one way benefit to Punt itself. (Unlike Cleopatra's trait, which attracts other civs to trade with her)
    The gold from civ trait bases on formation of a religion too. That will be risky while faith competition is sheer.

Say if I want to bring down Punt's advantages, I can stop trading with it. And then spread my religion all over its cities. Religion victory route pursuer, particularly Spain, can be a bane to Punt.

I suggest an early boost in faith and mutual advantages in trading can help Punt to play less riskily.

3. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Chieftain

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

I've now recreated the Punt as a full civilization using Modbuddy. The leaderscreen is now available; there's diplomacy text, all the buildings and units are African - please see op for more details.

5. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

In overall this is very good working and good looking civilization. Especially for one that made by a community, not the developers. But still i have notice some problems with a stella. Its not showing on a world map after building. Maybe you can place there a standart monument, because it looks the same like on a picture art.

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Are you planning on doing more civs or just the one? And, if so, will they all be in separate threads, or will you combine them all into a "Rob's Civ's" type of thread?

7. Rob (R8XFT)

@Tolerant - I'll look into adding the stele/monument on the world map; I think I can figure that out.

@shaglio - I may only make a couple of civs here with the intention of getting a couple of civilizations "out there" for other modders to investigate how I'd done them and thus help work out how to do their own, so they'll have their own threads.. My main intention lies in getting Anno Domini properly up and running for Civ 6.

8. batalhadematos

batalhadematos Chieftain

Hi Rob and everyone,

I am unable to make this mod work on Civ 6 with lastest updates.
    I am trying to copy it to mod folder and when I try to star a new game, after a while the game jumps to the main screen, after "Start Game" message.

Perhaps there is some specific method for install it?

When I loook into the database.log file, I see some errors related to mod:

I have tried the last version some time ago. Could it be the reason? Perhaps something related with mod id?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Paulo

9. Zergus17

Zergus17 Chieftain

Conflict with Ethiopia Mod - Stele tag in both. Need change to PuntStelle for example.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  10. Rob (R8XFT)

Why should I change mine ;)? I will do so when I update the civilization.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) updated Land of Punt with a new update entry:

Land of Punt

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Zergus17

Zergus17 Chieftain

In CIty list - Adre two times.

If need - russian localization. Changes:
    1) Punt_Civilizations.xml - Capital name and all citynames to LOC_CITY_NAME_
    2) Punt.modinfo - linked Punt_Vanilla_ru_RU.xml
    3) Punt_Text.xml - added english citynames and
    <Row Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PUNT_ADJECTIVE" Language="en_US">
    <Text>Punt</Text>
    </Row>

Attached Files:

13. Rob (R8XFT)

That's great, thanks for doing the Russian localisation.

14. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

I would like to thank you for Russian localisation. I am from Russia. It's very pleasant to see native language text description and dialogue.

15. Tolerant

Tolerant Chieftain

Hello again! I've checked and tested this mod a second time. As I said before - all works very stable. Very smooth working civilization with unique bonuses. It almost compete with the original civilizations, created by Firaxis. Good work. But still it's always have the room to improvement. Stele is still doesn't shown on a world map. I don't demand to make completely new building - just make it look like original monument. Some civilizators here may say to me; ''O c'mon! You always looking at all buildings in the game? All works properly. So what do you complain for such miniual details?". But I say; Yes! I like to watch at all details. Civ 6 is very beatufiul when it comes to buildings and structures. Maybe in online you don't have too much time to look around your Empire, but I personally oftenly play offline on high defficulty...and still love the hotseat sometimes... So the first thing is to make a Stele visible.

Second thing is more difficult and I think that no one from modding community still doesn't maked that in any other civilization. I'm talking about music themes for custom civilizations. At least one music theme for Punt, because in the begining turns we don't hear any music until meet other civilizations. I'm personally would appreciate that. Maybe some compositions from good old Civ 4 soundtrack. That would be nice.

And I don't say any words about adding fully animated leader because I do understand the limitations and expensivness of this process, so the artwork of Ati is just fine by me. It's very good. In a second it may create a expression that is a 3D model.

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks for the comments. I've not worked out yet how to copy the monument or have the music from another civ, which is the reason they're not in the mod. Once I know how to, they'll be there.

17. Narvana

Narvana Chieftain

Honestly, none of Firaxis civilizations & leaders fits my playstyle like your Ati does! Great early game defense, great late game gold income -- your mod is very rewarding and stays well balanced at the same time. Thanks!

Rob (R8XFT) likes this.
  18. Narvana

Narvana Chieftain

I think I found a bug (?) or at least weird interaction - when your mod is active, all other players start the game with african buildings and upgraded palace. I know that this is "literally unplayable" meme level of issue, but I thought you would like to know. ^^

19. SMcM

SMcM Chieftain

I can't remember that being the case in games I've played with Punt enabled, but then maybe I'm just really unobservant.

20. Narvana

Narvana Chieftain

Well, I don't use any other mods, so what else can be responsible for that? ;)