Pushing and begging

A bit of necro for this very interesting aspect of CIV.

Are there any guidelines for how much gold we can ask? Like fixed amount a'la Cabert (up to 250gold)? Just asking, 'cause it's not uncommon for the AI to come and ask me politely to give it all my 2396:gold: :crazyeye:
I've tried to ask for instance only for half of their gold, or 30% when they had >600:gold: - doesn't work. Any ideas?

Also, what about techs? So far I could only ask for some crappy cheap ones, like Polytheism, Priesthood etc. Any suggestions?

the amount they would give incresaes with turns where
- they are pleased or better
- you don't ask them anything

I have the feeling the trick got nerfed in BtS (it doesn't work like it used to these days) but my way is to wait 20 turns which grossly makes them happy enough to give 200 gold, and makes it very likely they accept the deal.

(...)
I have the feeling the trick got nerfed in BtS (it doesn't work like it used to these days) but my way is to wait 20 turns which grossly makes them happy enough to give 200 gold, and makes it very likely they accept the deal.
Yeah, might be the case with the nerf thing...

Anyone had success with asking for techs on Monarch+ ? (And I mean not when you're hopelessly backward against AI so they actually gift techs to you, or you're asking for Currency when they're on Printing Press)
Stuff like Mathematics, Monarchy - solid techs. Are beakers=gold? i.e. max amount of gold to ask ~200, so max amount of beakers to ask ~200?

Any feedback appreciated.

Top Bottom