Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

Yeah i put my prints in the handleInputs method of MainScreen. I moused over the imagebuttons to see if its prints correctly, and it did.
It does not for me...
Strange thing is that when I ask it to print the values within the "CvMainInterface.redraw" function, is that it takes about a minute of in game time before the values starts to become correct.

Edit: Ok, so long as I don't click any of the selection buttons in the city screen I get the correct values for the key state when the mouse enter and leave the buttons, but the moment I click the button all the key states are set to false for the entire mouse click handleEvent, and a long time afterwards too. Something is amiss about consuming the input somewhere, I'll have to investigate this for awhile.

Last edited:
You're making all these changes together in the same modmod. Which can't be moved to the game until everything is finished.
Isn't it more pragmatic to make more than one modmod, each of which may be moved to the game on its own once it is finished?

You're making all these changes together in the same modmod. Which can't be moved to the game until everything is finished.
Isn't it more pragmatic to make more than one modmod, each of which may be moved to the game on its own once it is finished?
No, because then I would have to make and maintain patches for all the combinations of modmods I've made.
The pedia cannot be moved to core, firstly because it is unfinished, secondly because it is based on a different GUI base than the core which means all other interface must be adjusted to fit the new scheme too. If I moved only the pedia to core then the core would have much worse interface outside the pedia than it currently have, with or without this modmod.​
The patch between this modmod and the "My Take on Stuff" modmod is unproblematic because there is almost no incompatibilities at all between them.
It would complicate my work and delay any potential progress I could make.

Thats really strange for sure. It works right away for me in handleInputs.
I figured out that anything attached to a panel would mess with the system when clicked.
So the moment I clicked the child of a panel the functions you gave me would always return False indefinitely (no matter how much I pressed shift/alt/ctrl) until I interacted with something else in the game.
The game also disabled the kbdEvent and mouseEvent from firing until I interacted with something that was not a child of a panel.

This is quite mysterious, something seems to be amiss somewhere.
I'll continue to investigate this strange behavior, but will also move around the problem by not attaching stuff to panels if it needs to know the state of shift/alt/ctrl when clicked.

It's getting close to something respectable.
Spoiler Picture :
8800_20180823003954_1.png
There's still some stuff to work out before an update is released.
Possible ETA: 100 hours

Nice work. I may suggest if possible to put the label of what the category is above the group maybe? And put each group one after the other, instead of one group per row. Might save a lot of space and reduce need to scroll.

Nice work. I may suggest if possible to put the label of what the category is above the group maybe? And put each group one after the other, instead of one group per row. Might save a lot of space and reduce need to scroll.
The grouping can be turned off by using the grouping drop down box at the top close to the sorting drop down box.

@Toffer90 It seems like large images in pedia are bit pixely.

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-23 20-56-25-56.jpg

It appears somewhere in pedia is bug with cost calculation (in main menu at least):
Tootlip says building costs 1080 :hammers:, but building page says it costs 756:hammers:

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-23 21-41-14-51.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-23 21-41-19-49.jpg

Last edited:
Those used to be crisper.
That's because they used to be smaller on your screen... stretching a picture of 64x64 pixels to occupy 256x256 pixels on your physical screen will always result in a pixelated image.
I'm guessing the game engine use bilinear resampling, but it could even be using the faster but lower quality "Nearest neighbor" resampling.
I doubt it use the more performance heavy bicubic resampling. That discussion is in any case irrelevant as there is afaik no way to change it.

Did you mean they used to be crisper with this modmod, like very recently?
Are you sure they used to be crisper with this modmod? I might have a theory if that's the case.

Last edited:
That's because they used to be smaller on your screen... stretching a picture of 64x64 pixels to occupy 256x256 pixels on your physical screen will always result in a pixelated image.
I'm guessing the game engine use bilinear resampling, but it could even be using the faster but lower quality "Nearest neighbor" resampling.
I doubt it use the more performance heavy bicubic resampling. That discussion is in any case irrelevant as there is afaik no way to change it.

Did you mean they used to be crisper with this modmod?
Are you sure they used to be crisper with this modmod? I might have a theory if that's the case.
I meant those were looking good until recently.
Now they seem to be pixelated

One more small graphical glitch:
On right bottom above minimap there is civ scoreboard.
Technology icons seems to not disappear here.

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-24 14-14-15-38.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-24 14-17-05-57.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-08-24 14-14-13-71.jpg

Those icons used to display tooltip of tech when hover with mouse, and not anymore, too

Top Bottom