Q&A with Dennis Shirk

Actually, the more I look at the image (no pun intended) the more of a moorish vibe I pick up - which was also my first impression during the video chat...

YouTube video "A Look at Civilization V Brave New World": Part 1 and Part 2

I'm eating pizza while reading the forums. This speculation thrills me :D

I think it's moorish. But the architecture doesn't convince me.

Achievement Unlocked: "Nanananana" Connect a banana resource as Vlad the Impaler.

If Vlad Tepes were included, I would think he'd lead a more general Romanian civ than Wallachia specifically.

Or I suppose they could milk the Dracula thing for all it's worth and call the civ Transylvania, even though Vlad Tepes didn't rule Transylvania. That would be annoying and gimmicky, but no more so than Carthage and their elephant symbol. . . .

Dennis also pointed to the lower part of the PAX poster, left of centre (as you look at it), as there being a clue or something he was surprised people hadn't noticed.

Wish I could find a good picture of that poster.

It seems like when he was discussing the Scramble for Africa scenario Dennis "let slip" that there were North African Civs in the Brave New World-could this be a leader of that civ?

It seems like when he was discussing the Scramble for Africa scenario Dennis "let slip" that there were North African Civs in the Brave New World-could this be a leader of that civ.

I mean technically North African Civs could just be referring to Egypt, Carthage, and Songhai, but if we got a new one I'd have to guess Morocco. It would make sense for their decision to randomly generate Africa, since Morocco and Carthage would overlap I believe.

I mean technically North African Civs could just be referring to Egypt, Carthage, and Songhai, but if we got a new one I'd have to guess Morocco. It would make sense for their decision to randomly generate Africa, since Morocco and Carthage would overlap I believe.

Carthage wouldn't be in the scenario. It's about the European Colonial period. Possible North African civs for that time period include Morocco, Berbers, Tuareg, and the like.

Carthage wouldn't be in the scenario. It's about the European Colonial period. Possible North African civs for that time period include Morocco, Berbers, Tuareg, and the like.

I'd imagine the Berbers and Morocco would be one in the same, most likely.

2000 or so years out there :p

And I'm not so sure Ramesses really fits for period-Egypt either! I can see there being an Ottoman presence, but beyond that... I'm really not sure. Are Moors/Morocco contemporary with that? Songhai could be renamed for their area of the map, and Ethiopia will fit as will the expected Zulu... that leaves potential space for Kongo in the sub-saharan region, but the northern section I'm really not sure how will work.

This expansion is going to be :eek:

Sounds like this expansion is going to add more than G&K did.

Wallachia would be a dark horse I could get behind! Their special ability could be "The Night Attack"

I would prefer it being called Romania really

Top Bottom