1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Qin Shi Huang returns as leader of China

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, May 25, 2016.

1. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Several large images wrapped in spoiler tags. Please remember to use these when posting large images.

2. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Yeah, changing city names for China, and where applicable other civs (mostly East Asian it would seem), would be super awesome. Also, it's weird that Shenyang is the second city to Xi'an's first, no?

3. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

Yes, it is unlikely that you will.

Moderator Action: Please focus on the topic at hand and not other posters. Focusing on the other posters is trolling.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

4. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I don't like the selection of Cleopatra to represent Egypt to begin with, any more than I like the selection of a Macedonian to represent Greece or a Corsican to represent France, but I don't kid myself in thinking that these selections are likely to harm the gameplay in any meaningful way. But you might want to wait to see how Cleopatra is actually portrayed before you start accusing me of hypothetical hypocrisy. :D

5. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

I wouldn't dream of it, as such allegations would be very much against the rules of the forum.

However I will say that since Civ isn't supposed to be a simulation and is clearly going for a more stylized theme, for the sake of enhancing its overall aesthetic appeal, attractive leaders should take priority.

Whether it's through specifically choosing the most attractive leaders in a nation's history or using artistic license to make otherwise ugly leaders more physically attractive.

6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I prefer substance over style. :D

7. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

And I would argue that style has a substance all its own.

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Good. Ludwig II for Germany confirmed then :D

9. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Silly Swan, King of Bavaria is not a ruler of "Germany". Only King of Prussia have that right :p

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Pfft, what's a little historical inaccuracy when you can have a handsome and insane king :p Though as Qin Shi Huang is the wonder-Jynx, Ludwig has missed his chance.

11. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Implying Ludwig II ever had a chance.

Anyway, his agenda could be something like "Swan King" - Randomly appear and ask you for money to build his great palace build in style of every civ with high culture.

Anyway, to Westwall's point. I would like to see Joan of Arc's France. Jadwiga's Poland. Matilda of Tuscany and Christina of Sweden. At least that would make European more beautiful. This would be an unrealistic expectation for Firaxis. But with the power of modding... :rolleyes:

Sort-of back to topic : Wu Zeitian is a beautiful women (which is obviously why she was able to be Emperor's concubine in first place) Anyone who did her leaderscene probably stick to 7th century Chinese definition of beauty.

Civ 5 artist tried to make accurate and beautiful (in Bismarck's case) leaderscene while first Civ6 leader to be revealed, who have hotograph and can go hunting after his presidentcy, beind make to look like sentient walrus. I predict that Civ 6 artist will most likely make ugly people uglier and any beautiful woman more "beautiful" (although Teddy was far from ugly in real life)

12. BttLsht

BttLsht King

I'd rather have my leaders be actual rulers of their nation, in practice or by law, and not a notable person which came from the area, e.g. Joan D'arc.

13. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

If you're implying that Wu Zetian's depiction in Civ5 was not gorgeous, you are wrong. ;)

14. IkM

IkM King

Well, her depiction in Civ5 wasn't gorgeous at all.

15. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Wow, am I the only person who thought that Civ5's Wu Zetian was absolutely stunning? Pretty face, then that brilliant red hanfu...I found her quite captivating.

16. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Spoiler :

She certainly isn't bad looking... In game Wu appears to be in her 30s-40s, when she was Empress regent, but not Empress regnnant yet.
    Though this would have been a better depiction of her:
    Spoiler :

Notice the inonic headdress that is typical of the Chinese Emperors? That is what she should have been wearing! And what emperor Qin should be wearing! Might be hard to animate swinging pearls though, but certainly doable.

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

18. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Didn't they mention that Chinese Builders have 4 charges as opposed to 3 for everyone else? I know, it seems weak, perhaps the UU's will make up for it.

19. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Having each improvement effectively a third cheaper seems like a significant bonus.

20. nunor

nunor King

If Google Translate is to be trusted ('cause unfortunately I don't speak Slovak), this article confirms Qin Shin Huang's agenda (although they don't explicitly mention him):

The personality of the leader faction should be reflected to a greater extent than in Civ 5. Here is a leader more focused on your hard targets based on history, for example, have a maximum wonders of the world. If someone has more than he can hardly with him on well.

http://www.sector.sk/novinka/118077/novinky-a-zmeny-v-sid-meiers-civilization-vi.htm