Questions about Brave New World that don't deserve their own thread.

Petra, in my opinion, is without question going to get some sort of overhaul related to trade. The Kasbah's have it's current ability and Petra was so famous because of it's significance related to trade between Mediterranean-Arabia-Asia.

Is there any new map mentioned?

I think only Oval is suitable if we want a map where all civs in the same continent but still got many chance to build coastal cities in the random bays

Will there be a sprite update in the Renaissance & Industrial era for certain units? For example would the Great General sprite in the Industrial era use the Union Great General sprite in the base game? Will Workers get rid of their Romanesque togas in exchange for peasant rags in the Medieval or Renaissance eras?

When you get the Volunteer Army tenant, do the Foreign Legions get XP from the XP buildings in your capital or do they start with no XP?

Will there be a sprite update in the Renaissance & Industrial era for certain units? For example would the Great General sprite in the Industrial era use the Union Great General sprite in the base game? Will Workers get rid of their Romanesque togas in exchange for peasant rags in the Medieval or Renaissance eras?
It looks like Workers, Trade Units and Great People will all get portrait upgrades, most likely taking effect at the same time that the 3D model upgrades happen (Industrial Era, mostly).

There's no way to know about starting XP for the new Foreign Legions, but since they aren't produced in your cities, I am assuming they can't benefit from city-based XP upgrades. If you had some kind of empire-wide XP bonus, they might benefit from that.

If I want to have a ship guard a trade route (particularly a longer, more profitable one) can this be automated like the cargo ship itself? It would be a real drag to have to manually move the guarding ship each turn. (Same query with land routes - can a guard unit be animated?)

If I want to have a ship guard a trade route (particularly a longer, more profitable one) can this be automated like the cargo ship itself? It would be a real drag to have to manually move the guarding ship each turn. (Same query with land routes - can a guard unit be animated?)

All sources suggest, military units will not have any type of automation AI to guard trade routes.............which I think is a good idea

As a cold war "survivor" I wish there was a way to disable nuclear weapons from the beginning of a game, as a setup option similar to "no espionage" or "no city razing". It looks like there will be a diplomatic way to confront the issue in the later part of BNW (not much detail known) but I'd like to keep the Manhattan Project from ever being built, by anybody, as an option. Well, I suppose it wouldn't be a difficult mod, but I'm new to that.:)

All sources suggest, military units will not have any type of automation AI to guard trade routes.............which I think is a good idea

If I'm already reducing the gold value of my trade route by assigning a guard unit to it, with its maintenance cost, I don't think I should have to move it manually as well - that's the point at which micromanagement ceases to be fun.

If I'm already reducing the gold value of my trade route by assigning a guard unit to it, with its maintenance cost, I don't think I should have to move it manually as well - that's the point at which micromanagement ceases to be fun.
You can also avoid being paranoid and only establish safe trade routes. No need for units guarding and, consequently, more gold. Ta-da!

I assume you don't view war as micromanagement. What is the difference?
Do you know plundering routes is not a matter of protecting the unit? The tiles themselves are vulnerable.

I really don't think that protecting trade routes will require much in the way of micromanagement. I think it will be sufficient to park one or two warships along the route and place them on sentry; this should be more than enough to detect and deal with any barbarians in the area.

When you are at war, that will be a different matter; if you intend to take the risk of running trade routes through a war zone, then it's going to be your responsibility to watch what's going on very carefully. If you're not willing to do this, you should cancel or re-route those trade units for the duration of the hostilities.

I take it there's still no word about Unrestricted Submarine Warfare? (being able to sink trade ships when not at war, without declaring war but results in huge diplomatic repercussions)

I take it there's still no word about Unrestricted Submarine Warfare? (being able to sink trade ships when not at war, without declaring war but results in huge diplomatic repercussions)

That was pure speculation drawn from a misleading review, not a feature.

With the new screenshot of Venice we see that the merchants have their own icon ie a large gem. This is different to the great merchant icon. Does this mean we will see Khans finally get a unique icon rather than the same star the generals have?

Have they released the concept art for the last two leaders?

I saw that one but it has hexagons on it. I'll wait to see if they release one without all of those.

Sorry if this has been answered. But what is that new strategic resource? It kind of looks like men. It is from the Civil War Scenario.
Spoiler :
Screen Shot 2013-06-30 at 10.16.39 PM.png

Top Bottom