Questions & Answers

@Magnificent One:
In the case of Germany, vassals don't count for your UHV, you have to control more than half of the cities in every mentioned area. When vassals count, its specifically mentioned like in Arabia's UHV.

@noxnox:
The mod RFC is not supposed to be played in multiplayer mode. You're right, "hotseats" means everyone plays from the same seat, i.e. PC (which is still possible because it's not different from playing singleplayer). There is a modmod for RFC that allows a limited amount of civs (I think it was four) to be played in "real" multiplayer. Just take a look into the modmods subforum.

If you only look for a good world map and don't care much for the gameplay changes of RFC, there is also the possibility to download only the map (with the new marsh terrain and cotton ressource). It's definitely better than 18civ earth, because there is much more room in Europe in Rhye's map, while Sibiria is the unpleasant place it's supposed to be.

Ah, thankyou, how and where can i download just the map?

Hey, sorry again, i've had a look in the modmod forum and can't seem to find anything allowing me to play 'real' multiplayer. If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be very grateful. Is it likely to be stable with 3 people playing?

edit- found it!

For the German UHV,i own Italy,Greece and France for the UHV by around 1750.However,it doesn't show up on the victory screen that i own them.Do i need to own them by 1870,or do i need to take out the Dutch?
The way a condition is formulated gives you a hint: when it says IN year X, the condition has to be fulfilled when you click "end turn" in year X. When it says BY year X, you fulfill the condition the first turn you meet all the criteria, as long as you're before X.

So yes, you have to wait until 1870 to make it count. I strongly recommend not to take out the Netherlands, as another core area has always been too much in my Germany games. Also don't conquer the civs for the 1940 condition too early - even with totalitarist civics and golden ages, you can't hold on to that many core areas for long.

I need help. I cant start it!!!
it just crashes!
If anyone can give me any suggestions i would really appreciate it

I recently tried to "pre-build" Amsterdam before the dutch spawned, in order to give myself a head start - well, cheating with other words I guess - however the city got razed at the time of the dutch spawning. I assume this is because they only have a limited spawn area and thus "needs" to spawn on those tiles? Is there any way to get around this, e.g. by razing other nearby cities so there's "more space"?

Hello,

Where in files RFC I can change the Civilization starting year? For example, I want to spawn America about ~1000BC and play it. What I must to do? Of course, I will change the units and technologies, but I do not know how to change the starting year...

It's in Consts.py, with turn numbers in tBirth and date strings in tYear.

But- don't do that. Spawning a civilization too far before its time is utterly gamebreaking. Before I fixed autoplay, the Mac version allowed any civ to start in 3000 BC with a settler, a warrior, and no techs. I tried that with the Americans; within 100 turns, I was researching 1-beaker Future Techs, having long since finished the tree.

If you're going to mess around with spawn dates, you absolutely must deal with the tech cost modifiers in the DLL.

I just played a game where I got a quest to settle 7 (or was it 8) new landmasses, without changing state religion or reach the Industrial Age - I did that, however I got no quest reward, and the quest didn't show up as failed when I reached the Industrial Age; has anybody else experienced problems with this quest? (Playing as Japan, 3000 B.C. start, if that should happen to make any difference... I'm 100% sure I fulfilled what I was supposed to, so can't figure out what's wrong.)

Either somebody else beat you to the quest, or the perennial bug of disappearing quests just hit you (just look and you won't find the quest listed at some point in your game)
Also, Europe/Asia/Africa is one landmass, Japan, England, Australia are all separate landmasses. Playing as Japan I presume you hit NAm, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Manchuria?

Either somebody else beat you to the quest, or the perennial bug of disappearing quests just hit you (just look and you won't find the quest listed at some point in your game)
Also, Europe/Asia/Africa is one landmass, Japan, England, Australia are all separate landmasses. Playing as Japan I presume you hit NAm, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Manchuria?

Quite sure nobody else did it, that can't be the case. I didn't come across other people complaining about the quests, and they've been working out fine for me so far, but sounds like that must be it then - bugger.

The wording of the quest was that even one tile islands counted, so I settled in 3 different islands in Indonesia, and all the other you mentioned, plus even a city on the island east of South Africa - Madagaskar? - just to make sure I was covered. Oh well. Guess there's nothing to do about it :)

It's probably game-logic continents; that would include one-tile islands normally, but the Rhye's scenario splits Europe, Asia, and Africa, and may merge some of the Pacific islands as well.
Also, this could be one of those quests where the number is buggy due to map size scaling.

It's probably game-logic continents; that would include one-tile islands normally, but the Rhye's scenario splits Europe, Asia, and Africa, and may merge some of the Pacific islands as well.
Also, this could be one of those quests where the number is buggy due to map size scaling.

But I didn't receive a "notification" that the quest was failed, when I hit the industrial age - doesn't that mean something's wrong?

I've been blown away by the story writing in the RFC stories thread, but I thought this question was more suitable here. Some people seem to have customised unit names with regiments and origins listed. How can I set this up on my RFC?

The Blessed Sea quest is obsolete at the Industrialism tech, not the Industrial age.

Thank you for giving me the name of the quest, enabled me to search for it and this thread came up, if anybody else has interest in this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234963

In short: it seems that you have to keep the unit that's circled when you receive the quest; not upgrade or lose it, otherwise the game doesn't remember you got the quest.

I recently tried to "pre-build" Amsterdam before the dutch spawned, in order to give myself a head start - well, cheating with other words I guess - however the city got razed at the time of the dutch spawning. I assume this is because they only have a limited spawn area and thus "needs" to spawn on those tiles? Is there any way to get around this, e.g. by razing other nearby cities so there's "more space"?

Nobody knows about this? Oh please I just want to help the dutch, I love them so much :mischief: Maybe it's possible to edit the spawn area so they have more than the tiles around Amsterdam as possible spawn tiles?

The Mali have just won an historical victory, despite only having 160 gold in 1700. What gives?

EDIT: I'm using the epic game speed mod.

@Cosmos:
I think this feature is in place exactly to avoid such exploits :p You could search for the Python function that erases cities on spawn and comment it out, which I THINK will make the Dutch spawn in the pre-built city and have it flip to them two turns later. Mind that this would have effects on other civs as well (pre-built Lutetia for France comes to mind), not even considering side effects that only Rhye could know ;)

@DisposableHero:
You gave your answer yourself, there seems to be an error in the epic game speed mod. So I suggest you contact the author or visit his thread in the modmods forum.

The Mali have just won an historical victory, despite only having 160 gold in 1700. What gives?

EDIT: I'm using the epic game speed mod.

Are you sure that is the entire amount of gold Mali has? In the diplomacy screen, not all gold is shown, only the amount that Mali is willing to trade. To see the real number, press F2 in the world builder menu and go to Mali, or put a spy on Timbuktu and add some espionage points against the civ.

Top Bottom