1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Rhye, Jul 8, 2006.

1. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

Yeah, sp error is spelling error(one of those things that bugs the crap out of me), and yes I did right it wrong.

In the RAND files(the Config) run a search(ctrl+f) for this:
    Code:
    ; This mod is only for single player games
    SinglePlayerOnly = 1
    and replace it with this:
    Code:
    ; This mod is only for single player games
    SinglePlayerOnly = 0
    and give RAND a try in multiplayer(I don't think it'll work, because RFC itself isn't MP[multiplayer] compatible[as for the RFC:MP]).

2. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Rhye rolled back a ton of BtS changes in RFC. This is one of them. I guess golden ages are too powerful with the stability system.

4. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Wasn't that a Rhye's change before BTS that GA costed 1 GP? I know that GA happens a lot more often in RFC but it's still too rare (IMO of course). BTW: how many people use GPs for GA? I'm just curious.

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

6. pieman11

pieman11 Chieftain

Is it possible to allow multiple civ changes as in more than one?

7. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

That's also easy to change. Open RiseAndFall.py and search for tDifference. Then replace all numbers in that line with 0.

9. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

Nice! Never heard about that before :) Egypt->Greece->Rome here I come! Thank you :D

10. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

I tried just that, the same turn i changed civs the second time, I got a message that India+China+Babylon had been destroyed - checked WB and all their cities had turned independent. So apparently it is really not possible.

11. jmerry

jmerry Chieftain

That's very odd. Are you sure you had the syntax right? Check for Python errors; it's possible you made a syntax error that broke the file.
    If that's not the case, the only issue I can see is the reloading and modification of the pickled data each time the player switches civs. It may be the case that that process breaks stability if used more than once.

12. C_II_R

C_II_R Chieftain

Quote:
    I remember this being asked sometime, but never got around to see the replies coming up; is it possible to somehow edit the files in order to be able to switch civ more than once doing a game?

Looking at the code...

Spoiler:
    Code:
    if (iCurrentTurn == iBirthYear + self.getSpawnDelay(iCiv)) and (gc.getPlayer(iCiv).isAlive()) and (self.getAlreadySwitched() == False) and (iHuman+tDifference[iHuman] < iCiv):
    self.newCivPopup(iCiv)appears at the end of initBirth in RiseAndFall.py. Try removing that self.getAlreadySwitched == False condition, replacing those lines with

Code:
    if (iCurrentTurn == iBirthYear + self.getSpawnDelay(iCiv)) and (gc.getPlayer(iCiv).isAlive()) and (iHuman+tDifference[iHuman] < iCiv):
    self.newCivPopup(iCiv)

Where is this file?

Oh. I found it.

13. Bad Player

Bad Player Chieftain

Why won't it let me raze certain cities (e.g. Pompeii)? I find Pompeii too close to Rome so I wanted to raze it! :(

14. Wichtel

Wichtel Chieftain

Why do Christian temples give +2:hammers: if I play with the the Spanish or Vikings for example? I do not know where it is coming from, because I switched my Vikings to Islam to test if islamic temples do the same and they don't.

15. nody

nody Chieftain

Temples and monasteries give hammers if they are from the religion that has the Apostolic palace.

16. Wichtel

Wichtel Chieftain

Ah Thank you :)

17. Cosmos1985

Cosmos1985 Chieftain

.. and cathedrals also :) But yeah:p

18. nody

nody Chieftain

... and depending on religion... Stupas, Mandirs, Mosques, Academies, Pagodas and Synagogues.

19. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

Ok, so I've heard a bit about liberating cities giving you stability bonuses. I've tried it a few times when I have too large an empire, but every time I have done that I didn't even notice a stability increase. On the contrary, my expansion stability takes a small hit, and my economy stability takes a large hit!
    What am I doing wrong?

20. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Chieftain

You need in excess of 25-30 cities before you see the stability increase. Often, I'm not even sure if liberating will increase my stability, so I save it, and check the stability before and after. Usually, when playing on high res, 1.25 pages of cities on city manager will do the trick for me.