Questions & Answers

Hi here !

Just discovering this awesome mod last week, few question now :

Is there a guide about inflation ?

Playing with India, my economy was doing well but, i loose all trade route with USSR, don't understand why ('cause i adopt free market ??), and after that it was a infernal economic spiral, even with all my city focused on gold i fall down at 10% science, and when i look why i see a completly insane inflation (like 375% ?!). I was in 20th century when it happened.

Do u really HAVE to build city in every non-ressource case ? Or gold improvment like windmill ?

Another question, cause i play with a friend in MP, can we play with slowest speed ? Normal speed is just too fast.. :sad:

Hi here !

Just discovering this awesome mod last week, few question now :

Is there a guide about inflation ?

Playing with India, my economy was doing well but, i loose all trade route with USSR, don't understand why ('cause i adopt free market ??), and after that it was a infernal economic spiral, even with all my city focused on gold i fall down at 10% science, and when i look why i see a completly insane inflation (like 375% ?!). I was in 20th century when it happened.
Mercantilism is the civic that removes all foreign trade routes. All other civics, however, retain foreign trade routes.

Maybe you got hit by an economic depression or you just switched out of state property (which causes a post-communist crisis).

Another question, cause i play with a friend in MP, can we play with slowest speed ? Normal speed is just too fast.. :sad:
Multiplayer RFC doesn't come with other speeds. RFC Epic/Marathon comes with slower speeds, but it's not available for multiplayer.

I have been playing as Aztec. Very, very difficult game even on the easiest difficulty setting.

Constantly being attacked natives every few turns, who are stronger then my best unit until a long while in the research tree.

Constantly being attacked by pirate ships so basically I have no navy and no water tile upgrades

Then, Europeans keep coming with crazy hard units. Then, european colonies get plague and spread it to my empire. Many workers die, many units die. Cities angry. Even after I convert to their christianity, they still hate me (Spain, England, Germany, Viking, Portugal, Dutch). They refuse peace and even though I didn;t start the wars, my own people are revolting from war weariness.

Then, American civilization is born, who for some reason has more advanced units than ANY OTHER CIV at the that time in the game. They ask for 2 of my cities, one of which I have been slowly building to be my military unit production city since it was founded early on... no way can you have my military city!

Every few turns some of the new units I build turn to Americans, which is making this war unwinnable.

To even get this far in the game I have been cheating every now and then (change terrain mostly)

Finally I have destroyed American forces-- BUT WAIT, even though their civ is completely destroyed, with no units, no cities and nothing, the next turn some of my units are still turning into Americans!

On world builder I see Portuguese have built a huge Empire in S America, and htey are spreading towards panama. As soon as they attack me from the South, the center of my empire will collapse.

My lands are composed of plague ridden cities, marauding natives, european settlers, Americans ...

This game is impossible. Again I stress it is the lowest difficulty.:cry:

If you reject the spawn of a civ, troops that you have in their core will defect to them every turn for ten turns. You'll have to destroy their army, then take all your troops out of their core/delete them until 10 turns have passed. Some people prefer to give in and then retake the cities 10 turns later, since it's much less of a hassle. This is to give them a fighting chance against large empires (though it is really quite annoying).

But seriously, if it's your first game, don't pick the New World civs (except America). Almost anyone else is easier to play.

Okay I have a ton of questions Rhye,

1. Tried playing as England
2. Waited 10 minutes of autoplay as the civ description suggested....nothing happaned
3. I tried playing the autoplay, i got defeated once the french came
4. I tried switching from China or Japan to England, but after what seemed like good progress, China colonized the new world, circumnavigated the world, and reached the industrial era
:confused:
The Ottoman Empire also colonized much of the world. And so a lone British colony known as Boston was taken over by the Chinese.

The Aztecs are one of the hardest civs in the game. If you're new, try someone easier like England or Russia.

Yes but England doesn't work for me.

After, settling "Cambridge" I think Rhye really needs to change the build 3 settlements, and make it into "conquer", After settling Cambridge in North Africa, the Mali took over.

Then the Chinese began a period of global world domination and annihilated the Aztecs.

:ar15:
:crazyeye:
:cry:

I really like a historical game, but for some reason the Turks and Chinese are the superpowers of the 1400s!!!!

There may be some faults in the game, but unfortunately Rhye is not around to mod anymore, as he has given up Civ4 modding.

As for your questions:

1. Understood.
2. The Autoplay time described is rarely the actual time it takes to load. It is merely an estimate. The actual time depends on your computer's performance.
3. I don't know what you mean by this.
4. Your time playing China may have given them an advantage over other civilizations.

The mod is not a history simulator. It would be impossible to properly simulate history on the scale of Civilization and still give the player a fun game to play.

I'm sure this has been asked before but...

Is there a way to get around the pop-ups that allow each civ to ask for another civ's cities (forgot what this is called)? I would simply like to minimize it... or even if I can't minimize it I would at least like the ability to move around the map. The reason why I ask this is because sometimes I have a large empire and do not know what the names of my cities or my opponents cities are in certain places, and therefore since the camera becomes locked when this pop-up happens, I am completely taking a shot in the dark when I choose which city to ask for.

I have tried right clicking the popup but the "minimize" option was not available. I have also tried the "disable popups" option in the options, and while this disabled research and building popups, and did not help in this case.

What you could do is take a look at interesting cities the turn before the congress. You get the first message 2 turns before the congress (Do you want to participate?) and the 2nd message the turn before the congress (Bribe another civ). That turn, at the end, take a look at the cites around your empire and try to memorise cities that you would like to get.

Hello,

I am having trouble completing the Rhye's and Fall BTS Arabian Unique Historical Victories. I control Egypt and Carthage, as well as Spain, but for some reason I don't get credit for it. Once 1310 AD comes, I am left with 1/3 UHV and it becomes "grey."

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have looked at the atlas at http://rhye.civfanatics.net/civ4/rfc-atlas.htm and control all 3 zones.

I'm not sure if this forum is still active, I should try another forum, or anyone even still plays this game.

I love Rhye's and Fall for Civ4 and would love some help.

Thanks

Are any of the three civs still alive? You need to own more cities in the target area than the other civ, if I remember correctly.

I experimented with a few things in the map editor. One last thing I did was delete any foreign cities in the 3 zones (Carthage, Spain, Egypt) and make sure I have border surpassing the area. Still didn't work.

Cultural control isn't enough. You need more cities than the civ that normally "owns" the area, and at least one.

Hi,All: Apologies if this sounds like a silly question (or has been asked before _ but I couldn't find it on searches). I'm new to Rhye's and Fall of Civilization and love it to bits, but there's one thing that intrigues me: a couple of times, the AI informed me that "You have declared war on ..." _ even though I definitely hadn't and didn't want to. (I've usually enough other wars going on !!)

The first time, it said "You have declared war on the Vikings" _ well, I had been at war with them before, and unfriendly relations even at peace. But the second time, it said "You have declared war on England" _ last thing I wanted, relations had been totally friendly.

Is this part of the game, or maybe just my computer ? (My computer is sometimes slow/sticky with Civ4 Complete.) In case it helps _ I'm playing as the Romans, it's now the 1800s, and I've Mali and Egypt as vassals.

I don't mind much as I'm playing an easy level, but I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have any vassals? In RFC, vassals can declare war.

Another possibility is defensive pacts. Someone declared war on your ally and that made you automatically declare war to that civ.

When are new civilizations supposed to appear and in what way does this allow them to make cities flip?

In this save, my newly settled city is asked to flip on the next turn, and either way, a stack of doom appears. I'm supposed to anticipate Persians appearing? Not settle my city? Not settle it -there-?
It's offputting if I was supposed to settle sooner, since no city would have been defensible. I was counting on that to punish India if they landed the spot.

Settle on the Wine. Promot axeman to City Raider II, build a road. Wait two turns.

Attachments

• uprising civ.CivBeyondSwordSave
    128.5 KB · Views: 256
Top Bottom