Questions & Answers

First, you must install these mods AFTER updating to 3.19.

Then, make sure that the folder structure is something like ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets.
If it is ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\somethingelse\Assets, move everything from somethingelse to the "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" folder.

Thanks Juju, I had to install the update after I downloaded it. I assumed it updated automatically after I downloaded it. I looked in my downloads and found the file.

I began altering the map with notepad++ and needed to know some information in the python file. I wanted to enable contact with the Celts, and Native...easy enough to delete the minor civ status line. I also wanted to relocate some features on the map. Without getting to indepth with the mechanics of the games workings. Is there a resource to find the following.

What are the plot types (0,1,2,3), Feature Variety (0,1,2)? How does river directions work?

I suspect plot types are 3=water(oceans,coasts), 2 and 1= underlaying hills or plains of Terrain type, and 0=?

How do river directions work? it appears locating them is easy enough to by adding a line to the plot NOf, SOf...etc but the direction was not as cut and dry?

plot types:
0 peak
1 hill
2 flat
3 water

feature varieties are cosmetic only

river directions
0 North
1 East
2 South
3 West

I've noticed that when you have a stack of units that is higher than a certain number, I think its somewhere around 10, that you cannot move them more than one space at a time.

I was reading somewhere; I don't remember where; That someone made a fix for this issue. If anyone knows of a fix can you post the link or tell me how to fix it?

I also noticed this issue does not arise in RFC: DoC. That is a good modmod but it runs a tad bit slower on my PC.

In my mind it is actually a logical result. I mean large armies need large army trains and can move slower than slow armies. If you want speed you should attack with multiple small armies or take the speed hit. (Just my opinion though ;) )

They don't actually go any less move per turn than a smaller group. I just can't give them, uh, long distance(?) orders.

They don't actually go any less move per turn than a smaller group. I just can't give them, uh, long distance(?) orders.

aha,

It seriously has been to long since I played RFC :p

Can anyone give some tips how to get te most out of your vassals? I'm now playing as Germany with Inca, Mali and America as vassals. I gave them a lot of techs and I've build and liberated 9 cities in South America for the Inca's, but it seems that their tech rate is still too low to be a good tech-trade partner.
Now i've build 4 corporations (sushi constr aluminium and jewel) and i've demanded all their corp. resources, is this a good idea or should i give these back? Any tips are welcome :)

Can anyone give some tips how to get te most out of your vassals? I'm now playing as Germany with Inca, Mali and America as vassals. I gave them a lot of techs and I've build and liberated 9 cities in South America for the Inca's, but it seems that their tech rate is still too low to be a good tech-trade partner.
Now i've build 4 corporations (sushi constr aluminium and jewel) and i've demanded all their corp. resources, is this a good idea or should i give these back? Any tips are welcome :)

:dubious: Are u playing on easy level? On Monarch and Emperor it's almost impossible to trade techs even with vassals in later eras. AI just wants 3-4 expensive techs for its one cheap. Or even doesn't want to trade at all.

Yeah tech trading beyond a certain point, usually the Renaissance, is not worth it. The AI will straight up ripe you off.

Yeah tech trading beyond a certain point, usually the Renaissance, is not worth it. The AI will straight up ripe you off.

Maybe it's supposed that techs should be acquired through espionage, as in the later eras there are many buildings that produce such points.

You have to be smart in tech trading. Some techs, mostly military techs, are favoured by the AI to research. Other techs, like Biology and Medicine, are not. So if you research those techs and trade them with every AI for another, it is beneficial even despite the 1 on 1 deal is worse.

A question about Jap UHV. To be the 1st in score means only among those who I have contact with? Cuz contact with powerful Europeans is lost from time to time and thus it can be easy to achieve this UHV. Or am I wrong?

And about 3rd. Is it possible on Monarch to complete the tech tree before 2020? I've never completed in RFC, only in standard BTS. I always play RFC on Monarch and usually lose tech advantage, although I try to trade and steal as much as I can. For me this UHV is a nightmare, cuz Europeans always have 3-4 techs that I don't know:shake:

All scores count, it doesn't matter if you keep contact (although it's advisable to see what you're up against).

As far as research goes, the sooner you conquer China, the better. If you still have problems catching up to the Europeans, focus on getting Computers and build the Internet.

All scores count, it doesn't matter if you keep contact (although it's advisable to see what you're up against).

As far as research goes, the sooner you conquer China, the better. If you still have problems catching up to the Europeans, focus on getting Computers and build the Internet.

Thnx Leoreth, maybe I should just more practice. I've already conquered China, now I think of destabilizing England in future (or any other advanced civ) to be able to build Internet and acquire some techs.

Spoiler :
Btw, great work with DoC! As I'm RFC-addicted, it's good to see that there are many talented modders who also like RFC and make it better.

Top Bottom