Questions & Answers

And destabilizing your competition is a good idea.

What is the difference between playing the scenarios Unlocked or not unlocked?

I THINK this allows you to play the civs that take more than 5 minutes to load, so the Americans and the post-600 AD civs in the 3000 BC start.

Did anyone achieve historical victory as India?Even at the easiest difficulty level I directly research to the Buddhism and Hindu techs but then I fail at Judaism.When I try to first research Judaism I fail at Buddhism or Hinduism.When I only go for Buddhism and Hinduism, it's totally impossible to get Mathematics(confuzianism) before China does.Did anyone found 5 religions including Buddhism and Hinduism as India?

The first three are easy. The next two should be Christianity and Islam. For me, the most difficult goal is the third. Look for strategy guides in the stickied thread with links.

I like to send the initial warrior over to china, promoted to woodsman II on the way, and steal all their workers. This will slow down China which gives you the time to found confu and tao in time. Additionally, you get a whole army of workers to your disposal ;)

The first three are easy. The next two should be Christianity and Islam. For me, the most difficult goal is the third. Look for strategy guides in the stickied thread with links.

The first three are easy?Buddhism , Hinduism and Judaism you mean?But at some turn Jerusalem always founds Judaism.Where should I get the trade get from to research all three fast enough?I can research Monotheism fast enough, but then there is not enough time for meditation anymore and anywhere Buddhism is found.When I go for Meditation as first, I never have enough time for Judaism left.Is it maybe to build my city somewhere else with less illness and/or more commerce?

I followed the guide and built my city there too. I followed the same techs but still Shushan has founded Hinduism , two turns before I researched Monotheism(turn 34 exactly like in the guide).I did everything exactly like shown in the guide.But in the game of the video he still can research Meditation afterwards and has the luck of finding Priesthood in a village.

Edit:My next try has worked even without getting any tech from a village :).For some reason Shushan didn't want to found Hinduism this time.

I like to send the initial warrior over to china, promoted to woodsman II on the way, and steal all their workers. This will slow down China which gives you the time to found confu and tao in time. Additionally, you get a whole army of workers to your disposal ;)

Thank you for the tip, I captured with one warrior 2 workers(1worker , 1settler), the settler was defended by a Chinese warrior who got killed.But I couldn't get mathematics before China did...didn't even finish Writing.

I believe there have been several attempts to use a larger Earth map for RFC, but I think all have failed due to difficulty programming it.

The real problem is balancing it. It took long enough to balance base RFC. Of course, with enough time and patience it can be done.

re Hiring out Mercenaries:

CFC, has anyone had success with receiving income from hiring out their mercenaries?

In my current game, I got both Conquerors' Events and in an attempt to avoid expansion penalties (from razing or capturing Inca/Aztec) I made OB and put the troops in cities. I gifted the catapults, Quechas, Jaguars, etc but hired out the pikes, Xbow, Knights, etc. Now some 100 turns later, none of these troops shows up for hire, there are only 3 listed in the hired out box (despite sending about 10 out for contracting), and mercenary income remains zero...:confused:

Also broken is mercenary costs: I did buy a single Nubian elephant to help defend against Arabia. When it died, I am still being charged 4 gpt for it... (per the mercenary and the F2 screen).

Top Bottom