Questions from a seven year old - help!

Mathilda said:
Don't worry, I think I'll be back with more later...

Yeah, they're cute allright, when I'm not the one getting to answer all the questions. Sometimes they don't even listen to the answer to a complicated question before asking the next one. Other times they want to know everything there is about a subject.

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Cheetah said:
Why don't you simply send him over to us at CFC? :)

What, and have his mind twisted up by the likes of Curt, Zulu, Cierdan, or me? Mathilda will need to save up for the child's therapy instead of postsecondary education. :p

Reminds me of my girlfriends little brother. I was driving to meet up with her parents, and had her little brother with me. On the way there we saw the Budweiser Blimp, he got all excited and starting talking almost non-stop the rest of the way there (I didn't pay much attention traffic was bad so). Anyway, we get to the restaurante he gets out and immediantly runs to his parents yelling "WE SAW A PIMP!! MOM WE SAW A PIMP!!"

Yeah, you can imagine my thoughts at that moment. Your daughters boyfriend offered take care of your 5 year old son for an hour, and he comes back screaming that they saw a pimp.

Strider, your story made me laugh out loud and choke on the apple i was eating! :lol:

I don't think so. Glass is actually a very thick liquid, and therefore I imagine that air-molecules will be stoped.
There are no air molecules. Air is a mixture of gases like Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide and others.

Syterion said:
There are no air molecules. Air is a mixture of gases like Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide and others.
Nice reminder. :hatsoff:

Syterion said:
:rolleyes:

carbon dioxide CO2. carbon monoxide CO. ozone O3

Great people of CFC OT - we have a new question :)
Could anyone help me explain neutron bombs in a sort of language that a nine year old understands.
Yes, we've read the wiki page already, no need to link to link to that.

It's a different kind of atomic bomb (the giant 'mushroom cloud' bomb you had explained previously, I hope) designed to kill more people through radiation than through physical destruction. :p

BTW radiation is lilke these invisible bad things that flow outwards and make you rot and die a slow, horrible death. :yup:

Kid's guaranteed to have nightmares afterwards. :D

Does it kill trees?
Does being in a bomb shelter help?
How fast do you die?

Kids are cool. I dont have my own but at age twelve I helped raise the twins. Now I am in the lives of my sisters 2 children as well as my brothers 2 year old. My siblings taught me things and now their kids teach me. Question strings can seem endless.

A neutron bomb? What the heck? That is a surprising one though perhaps intuitive for the current cold war our children inherit? I assume life and death is understood? As is some basic understanding of pain and suffering? And war? Ouch why must our youth think of these things?? It pains me to think of what they see of our world with their bright open eyes.

A neutron bomb is a baaaaaaad thing. It kills and it hurts people very badly. It is a weapon used in war. A neutron bomb uses an energy like the sun in a way that causes the most powerfull kind of explosion. This explosion is more powerfull than any other bomb. This bomb can kill all the people plants and animals in one big city. Then once the bomb explodes it leaves a pollution which kills even more people and animals. It is so baaad that it is not used anymore (might have to explain Hiroshima and Nagasaki). It is a baaaad baaaaad bomb that we hope will never be used again.

I suffer to think that young ones with their pure minds must think of these things. I really suffer at this to the point of holding back tears. What a reality they must learn as they mature. Why is there a scenario where a child wonders about a neutron bomb, war and human suffering. I intended to speak more of the natural questions that would arise about the makeup of such a bomb etc but I cannot. Wow. Why is the world in such a state as our youth still wonders about a device of destruction on the scale of a neutron bomb!

lol, I didn't find out about neutron bombs until I was 19.

Um, basically it's the tool you'd use if you really hate Parisians but like the art and architecture.

Well the origin of the question was no other than an episode of Simpsons this time.
But yes, the string of questions is endless.
I must have been around 19 when I last even thought about neutron bombs, so what all I could explain was that it doesn't destroy buildings, only affects things that are alive.
The why and how I already failed with.
Hmm.. now let's try again with the stuff you've given me, I'll be back in a bit.

TV is bad for children I think. (Bad for adults as well.) And most cartoons seem to be adult based. Even when I was young. And even as I watch the older cartoons I feel the old Mickey Mouse etc was mostly about live as relates to a world war. Some PBS kids programs I watch with my niece and nephew but mostly they want to watch Discovery programs. 'Cept that Delany likes Dora.

I dont even want to think about the why in using a method of destruction like that. I dont envy you this explanation. Personally I dont why these things can ever be justified and historically I dont they ever had justification. This is the whooper question.

If you really must answer fully then seek out the videos that were shown to grade school children in the mid-70s. Or other decades. The ones I saw as a highschooler sickened me though. But they were educational. But Wow what a reality.

Um, basically it's the tool you'd use if you really hate Parisians but like the art and architecture.
:lol: This is a great description! :goodjob:
Ahhh not for a child or anyone else.
A weapon to kill everyone but leave their buildings in tact for you to plunder. Sick.

Top Bottom