Quests

This might be both of the Elven civs, or just one?

"Umbra" is (as far as I know) derived from a word meaning "shadow," so this is almost certainly a Svartalfar thing. It could also be related to the Council of Esus in general, but the name "Splintered Court" suggests something to do with the elves. Umbrawood may be a site in the elven lands considered sacred to Esus where the Svartalfar staged their apostacy.

Well, it has been stated that in one scenario you are given a choice to take a side in the Elven Civil War. The outcome of this battle effects which elven civ shows up in latter scenarios, and whether they are friendly to you.

I had this strange idea last night about the Grand Menagerie. Perhaps the story that appears in the revelry pedia entry is some sort of operation that the Overlords were running and it is taking place in the Grand Menagerie at the time the scenerio is taking place.

You know, I had that same idea early today.

The Black Tower is where all the specters went and became wraiths. The pic makes it look like a sort of crusade against the tower and its unnamed owner.

The Black Tower is where all the specters went and became wraiths. The pic makes it look like a sort of crusade against the tower and its unnamed owner.
Really, I wasn't ceryain, but probably.

Ruffly translated this is the Hot Summer. I assume Kylorin lives here. Perhaps it is the opposite of the Letum Frigus, the island in the AoI sceanario.

I kinda always assumed that island was the center of Orcland, and that volcano the spot where Bhall fell through the ground.

I think it is in Sheaim land due to Abashi's pedia entry, which takes place at the battle of the black tower.

Huh, I thought that was Aduro Straight? Then I admit I might be wrong.

no, the soldiers mentioned in Abashi's entry had just come from the Aduro Straight, which is where a major battle took place apparently.

Also, since the scenarios Through the Fire and The Black Tower come in a sequence, I bet these two scenarios have to do with fighting the Sheaim. The Aduro Straight is probably in Sheaim lands, or on the borders of it maybe.

Kael said that Rosiers fall would be explained in the scenarios, wouldnt it make alot of sense that the secarios about his fall would be the Black Tower section?

Here are some spoilers I found in the text file:
Spoiler :

Barbarian Assault

Goal: Defeat Sheelba!

Intro: The jungles of Labruscum cover what once was the heart of the Bannor empire. The fall of the queen of fire reduced that nation to ash and transformed her followers into a savage mix of orcs, goblins and other savage humanoids. Now Labruscum serves as the recruiting ground for the Clan of Embers, and if the Clan is to be stopped they must be defeated here.
Victory: Labruscum is under your control. Without their wildlands the Clans grip on Erebus is weakened and your homeland will be spared the worst of their raids. Civilization will rise again from the jungle ruins.

Return of Winter

Goal: Protect the Illians by defeating all the other civilizations!

Intro: The Age of Rebirth has begun and new empires are forming across Erebus. As the snow retreats so does the power of the Doviello. Our people turn on each other for our meager resources or abandon us entirely. Within a few generations most believe we will be gone, the starving pet of a defeated god.
But our prophets say that there is hope. A man born among the Illians is the resurrected form of Mulcarn and can ascend into the role of the god of winter. Some refuse to listen, but there is no alternative if we are to survive. You gather your tribe, to deliver this message and your allegiance to the Illians but you arrive to find them under attack. The "goodly" empires have banded together to wipe them out, if the man in the prophecy is to survive you must save the Illians from the attack.

Victory: The Illians homeland has been reclaimed. The Illian elders are grateful for your help and they listen intently to your story of the prophecy. Together you set out to the site of Mulcarn’s death, the ruins of Letum Frigus. You arrive just as Illian man walks out of the ruins. He is barely covered but unaffected by the freezing temperature.
"I am the one you seek, Auric Ulvin, the reborn form of the god of winter. Follow me and this world will belong to us again."
Around you men drop to their knees in worship, Doviello and Illian alike. Could this young man be the god you seek?

Those have been there for a while.

Wait, it says that Auric was born among the Illians? I thought he didn't meet the Illians until coming to Letum Frigus. He was raised in the Village of Briggdarrow, which I assumed was some minor tribal village but really could have been in almost any empire, as it was a very unremarkable human town. Auric was an extremely awkward kid whom most people assumed was cursed. His brown hair could never be tamed, and no clothes would fit properly. He rarely slept, perhaps because of recurring nightmares involving Drifa and other faint memories from his previous life.

I just noticed that in that story he is 16 years old before he leaves home, while he was 15 (or at least it was the 15th year of the Age of Rebirth) when he and the kids traveling with him wandered into the Shadowed Vale. It seems to me that the chronology may be a little bit off.

I tend to think that the age of rebirth did not start untill the that had progressed a fair amount. The age of ice would still exist untill the world had thawed, at least by the point of view of most humans

Thinking about it a little more, I believe that the Age of Rebirth is reckoned as having officially started not on the day when Mulcarn was vanquished but when Sucellus was resurrected as the new God of Life. The events are described as happening very close to one another, but Sucellus's rebirth was a little bit latter. I had assumed it was separated only by a few days days, but I suppose it could have taken a few years to convince Arawn to give up this precept or for the pieces of the god's body to be reassembled in order for his spirit to return to it.

Top Bottom